Universal Escape from the Pyramid - (By Tama Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    #21 Andre, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    As same as me. When read the title, of the game, still think about it. :D

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    That's incredibly odd. Know how I was saying the game's not universal? It appears to be now! o_O I'm starting to think whatever we bought yesterday wasn't the actual release version, but an early build.

3. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    That could be it actually, just due to my inexperience with iTunes.. An earlier, not fit for consumption (and with earlier screenshots) version went live for like 8 hours before I found out about it and uploaded the "real" version.

Yes the app is supposed to be universal, if by universal you mean iPod, iPhone and iPad.. It's supposed to be a one-size-fits-all app!

4. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    this is what i found too, i think i might give it another go for the new version. the version i got earlier is the same beta version you gave me months ago :(

5. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    Don't you have an updated one now? It should be version 1.11

6. toofinedog

toofinedog Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2013
    That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the screenshots.

7. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    I don't think I ever knew about Outland but I'm checking it out now.. I'm a big PlayStation fan, I'm surprised I didn't know about it. It looks beautiful!

By the way Escape from the Pyramid is in the "Best new games" section on the app store. We are VERY excited about that, and I think the support in toucharcade has been quite instrumental to get the word out so.. THANKS SO MUCH GUYS! :)

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hey Alan, I just noticed the game clocks in at just under a gig on devices. Is there any way that can be lowered? I'm gonna guess it's due to the 2D art, but man...huge stuff compared to the download size.

9. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    Yeah, it's quite sizeable. It's one of those things we couldn't avoid if we wanted a single binary for ipad/iphone. The art is extremely detailed and eats up lots of hard drive - quite a drawback, I know!

10. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. I was JUST about to come on here and post something about this. I bought it yesterday and noticed it completely filled the rest of my space up on my phone. Like 989MB!!!

11. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    There is another game almost identical to this with wall jumping I think it was a ninja or samurai game. This is almost identical.

12. NnelGdaBandit

NnelGdaBandit New Member

Mar 31, 2015
    #32 NnelGdaBandit, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015

Thanks for sharing this. Very cool analysis of Super Mario World's camera.

13. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
  14. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    Thanks Noen for the video!

A couple of quick comments and clarifications:
    - Button position is an issue for some people, yes. As you said you get used to it eventually, but we are looking at having it a bit more dynamic.
    - It's not $2.99 like you mentioned at the end, it's $1.99 (for now, although we are planning some more content, at which point we will increase the price).

Thanks for reviewing, and I hope you manage to get to finish it : )

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Sorry about that! I just checked my notes and I had it written down right, but said it wrong. I'll make sure to add it on my page. I did eventually get used to the control scheme. It took me a little while. I'm looking forward to to seeing what you guys add. It IS a really good game.......lol, and no, I haven't finished it yet. Still trying though!!

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Free right now!