iPad Ernie Els Golf 2008 on Sale!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sainter, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
  2. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Tiger Woods is expected on Dec 31, 2008...i'll wait.

3. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    Absolutely not recommended. I would wait for Tiger Woods. I have it and hardly ever (more like never) play it. It's not that it is such a bad game, just poorly implemented. You need to play and win a series of mini challeges against computer opponents until you can finally just pick the game up and play a round. I hated that function. I just want to pick up the game and play - not be stuck playing a computer opponent for 9 holes.

$2.99 is a decent price, but I think that you will ultimately be disappointed with Tiget Woods around the corner. As soon as that one is released, Ernie Els will be immediately banished from my phone never to be played again.

4. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

#4 schplurg, Dec 20, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
    Wait for Tiger Woods. I have GL Golf and, although it isn't real pretty, it has 5 courses (soon to be 6) and is in true 3D all the way. Ernie Els has only 1 course, which was enough for me to pass it by. I'm anxiously awaiting Tiger Woods.

Edit to add: After watching that Ernie Els video, DEFINITELY stay away from it. If you just can't wait til the 31st, get GL Golf. It actually plays pretty well. Decent ball physics, camera follows the ball in flight, in 3D.

5. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    #5 supg328911, Dec 20, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
    i got the light version when it came out and it was actually really good i enjoyed it but it got old after a while so i would wait for tiger woods....:D

[EDIT] actually im not sure if it was the lite version for this game i think it might be another golf game

6. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    This title was horrible. What a waste of money. Els allowed them to put his name on this?