Universal Erica - Interactive Thriller (by Flavourworks Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Jan 13, 2021.

1. PavleMiha

PavleMiha New Member

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    Hey! I'm a developer at Flavourworks and we're trying to track down this issue with the download manager where it stops downloading altogether. Could you email us at [email protected]? It would be super helpful if you included:
    • your iOS version
    • device model
    • how much free space you have on the device
    • and whether the issue resolves after restarting the device.
    Unfortunately we can't provide a "Download All" option at the moment because we are limited in how much we can store on the device, but we are looking into how to provide a better user experience on some connections.

Thanks!

Makara Nou and Rocksaint like this.
  2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #22 anthony78, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    This doesn’t really make a lot of sense. There are plenty of games that download can all of the resources. Games like Genshin Impact have small updates here and there but you download like 8-9 GB of data to start. Same with games like GRID, which also ends up being 6 GB or more. Don’t have Xcom 2 but apparently it is 8.5 GB. It certainly can be done.

This definitely makes this game less desirable to play on iOS.
    I’ll play it elsewhere. A shame.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, the game installed is quite tiny, clocking in at around 300 MBs and I believe the additional data download goes into the Other part of our device's storage. Is the total size of the game the listed 1.6 gigs? No clue! I don't know what the back-end of the game looks like, but judging from @PavleMiha's post, the game could be bouncing between resources as it needs them, and deleting unneeded data? I have no idea! I don't think that's viable because it'd be silly to have to download data over and over with each playthrough.

Regardless, I've gotten in touch and hopefully we all help in finding a solution to this whole thing.

4. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Actually, it seems that it downloads only the moments that differ from standard route. In my first playthrough I got two downloads. Then I deleted the game (because I got most informative route which answered to almost all of my questions) but wanted to play it second time and chose the most boring path, so I got only one download.

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I ended up biting and have gotten four downloads so far and only about 30 minutes into the game. It’s really annoying.