Universal EPOCH.2 (by Uppercut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. UppercutEd

UppercutEd Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    The Campaign has been played through with the Sniper Rifle, but it was ... challenging.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #62 JCho133, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    You have to wait for the Sniper to get to max damage?! TIMERS! TIMERS!

3. UppercutEd

Jul 11, 2011
    Bwah-ha-ha. No, if I ever put a fuel/energy-style timer in a game, I will punch myself in the face.

4. Is that Ta plays on an ipad 4? Looks pretty much the same as the ipad 3, have to say the ipad 3 version runs really well. This game has reallly nice graphics for the not so huge size.

5. UppercutEd

Jul 11, 2011
    They said it was the iPad Air.

And thanks about the graphics :)

6. Yeah, that makes me think my ipad 3 isn't so extinct after all, though I will be upgrading pretty soon.

Really great job on the ipad 3, the motion backgrounds and stop time cinematography is awesome!

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #67 TheFrost, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    Deleted.

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Omg love it!!!

9. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    We're gonna hold you to this...

But yeah, watched the TA video, and now I want the next hour and a half to pass even faster.

10. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Seems like this is always a tough thing to do. Take Infinity blade for example. In IB II the dual weapons were far superior to the heavy ones because heavies couldn't be upgraded and were stuck at the same damage levels, while duals benefitted double from boosting the Siris' attack stat. They fixed this by making heavies a lot stronger in IB III, also adding the upgrade system to boost heavies even more, however now I find that heavies are much more powerful than duals.

Bottom line, I hope they do make the sniper powerful enough to be endgame, but not so powerful that it is OP. Maybe stay on the side of caution when estimating how many levels you thing people will gain by the end of the game and make it pretty powerful? If it's not significantly powerful, than I fear it will end up like all those heavy weapons in IBII that I never used. At least now I know that if I grind a little bit duals will be just as useful as heavies in IB III, which gives me a reason to keep using them.

11. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Bought, played the first stage, bought the coin doubler without thinking because the game is SO GOOD but after the intro with the princess it made my iPad 2 reboot :(

12. sdiggbot

sdiggbot Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Canada
    Ahhhh hmmm yeah this is what concerned me when i asked previously about the old ipad 2 being able to handle this...maybe i will hold off on this purchase till other people sort the bugs out since I have little to no patience with premium apps not working right

13. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Dear god this game is so damn good i dont even feel like checking any other release tonight

Edit: hey sdiggbot after the reboot (well the game rebooted for me lol), I'm at the 6th stage and no problems at all. Plays like a dream here.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    EDIT: nvm, im sure you figured it out ;)

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Out in US!

16. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I don't have the habit of doing that because I almost never have to, but yeah now it works fine. When it happens (that I need to reboot for the game to run well), it's always the Unreal engine ones. Infinity Blade, Spiral, etc.

17. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Really fun game, but damn, the QTE with Mr. Chainsaw is next to impossible! What am I supposed to do?

Also, this voice acting is just plain awful. The cast of Resident Evil displayed more emotion.

18. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Oooo that sniper

19. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Quote of the month