Universal Epic Skater 2 (by Your Daily Fill)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by EpicSkater, May 22, 2018.

1. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    #41 EpicSkater, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Thanks for letting us know. This is the first report of cloud backup not working, so we'll try to figure out what's up. We play between iphone and ipad to test the cloud backup ourselves.

Things that trigger a cloud save: finishing a run and returning to the front end, upgrading tricks or perks in the shop, changing clothing in the shop, buying consumables. When you do any of these, your progress is saved to your keychain. Logging into any other device with the same account lets the other device access this data in your account's keychain. Can I ask what devices you were playing between to try to help figure it out? Also, were you connected to the internet on the original device? How much time between doing some refresh playing back on the original device before trying on the ipad? Thanks.

-------EDIT

Just tested with 2 different accounts and cloud saves loaded (one account on 2 different iphones, one account on iphone and ipad). We'll keep digging. Perhaps it's a keychain sync issue?

Apple's suggested method to force a keychain sync is this:

• Turn off iCloud Keychain on all devices.
    • Turn on iCloud Keychain on the device that has the most up-to-date keychain items (your device with the best game save).
    • Turn on iCloud Keychain on your other devices. They will be updated with your new iCloud Keychain.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht203783

2. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    #42 Rangerlump, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    I had to turn off icloud backup of my ipad because I had created a new barebones save.

after that, doing what you said worked great thanks

3. Acidcart

Acidcart New Member

Dec 18, 2017
    What happen to watching ads for the boost? I’m not good at the game so I bought the coin doubler but it still cost me more coins then I gather when I buy s boost with coins

4. Rangerlump

Jan 20, 2010
    Devs,
    I love this game. MFI controller works 90%. It’s just lacking directional stick support to allow for kick flips and manuals.

I can do everything else from game pad. If adding directional support isn’t to much more ide Love it!

5. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Great! Glad to hear it helped, thanks for getting back.

Hey, a lot of new players were pressing reward ad buttons by accident and complaining. We wanted to remove all possibility of ads before gameplay so everyone gets to playing as fast as possible without accidental interruptions. We're looking into adding a "watch ad to double coins" button to the END of the run so if you have a really good run, then you can press the button to watch an ad for the boost. This should be even better than watching an ad before your run, because you never waste it on a bad run.

Also, watch for special double coin days (we did Go Skateboarding Day, and we'll do USA independence day next). You can get a lot of coins on those days.

We've been considering it, but it's a big rabbit hole to go down. The focus right now is still supporting launch, catching issues, and paying attention to and adjusting lots of things based on player feedback. After things have stabilized we need to finish a content update. Then, at that point, we'll totally look at how we can expand input support. It would be nice for sure.

6. Acidcart

Acidcart New Member

Dec 18, 2017
    Ok so I bought the in app purchase double coin. Would that stack onto the watch ad to double coin

7. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Sorry, this dropped off the page and I missed your question. For sure, totally, any multiplying will (and does) stack. Like how you can use the coin multiplier perk on top of the base coin doubling from the IAP already, or like the base coin doubling happens on top of any special day double coins (like go skateboarding day and 4th of July that just passed, and we'll do more days like that).

8. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Hey everyone, sorry to hear about Apple's changes to the affiliate program. Touch Arcade has been a source of mobile game info for me since the beginning.

Our recent update has had some fun work go into it that felt share worthy :)

Practice Mode

We wanted to have a mode in the game where you can just experiment without worrying about bailing. Practice Mode is 1 minute of play in an enclosed area with unlimited instant bail getups. There's no goals, no collects, and it loads instantly because it's attached to the skateshop in the main menu. It's a simple skate area, but it has some fun secret spots and high lines to find and learn. It costs 1 drink for 1 run in practice mode, but drinks are plentiful in the game and easy to collect. If you purchase Coin Doubler / Ad Remover IAP, it also gives you permanent free practice mode now (doesn't cost 1 drink). In appreciation to our early adopters, if you made any IAP purchase back when they all removed ads, then you'll also get practice mode free.

New Endless Skate Spots (modular pieces for endless tier generation)

We've added more skate spots to the tier 1 pools for the subways and rooftops areas. We wanted to add a little more action to the early tiers and especially to subways and rooftops that had less variety than the streets area. There's more work continuing to go into this so expect changes next update also. You'll be seeing more heli-jumps, boost pads, escalators, and climbing walls, and later on more moving helis in next build.

Classic Manual Control

You can manual from rolling again, like the classic control in Epic Skater 1.

Enjoy, thanks for looking.

Rangerlump likes this.
  9. Rangerlump

Jan 20, 2010
    I love this game! I know you guys werent supporting MFL controllers, but I just thought Ide mention that before the update there was 90% compatibility. I was hoping the last 10% was just a few lines of code as the only thing missing was directional for kickflips and manuals.

The new update removed all compatibility which is fine because it wasnt supported anyway.

I just thought ide keep dialog open because the devs are great.

PS. gonna buy steam version to support yall.

EpicSkater likes this.
  10. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    LEVEL PACK UPDATE

Career
    • 4 new Subways levels (total 12 subways levels now)
    • 6 new Rooftops levels (total 12 rooftops levels now)
    Endless
    • 5 new Skatespots for Streets, Subways, and Rooftops
    • 12 new Unlockable Skatespots for new Career levels

Hey everyone, we've completed our mega level pack and updated this past week. Career mode has 10 new levels. The final levels in Subways and Rooftops are completely ridiculous. Also, new spots for endless and a bunch of new unlockable spots from each of the career levels (completing all goals in a career level unlocks a special endless skatespot). We've also done a lot more on the advertising algorithm to reduce frequency and velocity. We'll be adding new rewards to the crates next update!

Thanks for looking :)

11. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    This is interesting. I remember you mentioning it was partially working with controller earlier in the thread. Thing is we never added controller support to the mobile project. A while ago, we did a big cleanup and removed as many plugins as possible though. One was an input manager we weren't using. It's possible it had some default event handling that wasn't in our code?

Steam version is coming along great, going live next month! (I'll DM a Steam Key for you in appreciation for all your feedback, come chat on our Discord about that version if you want so we stay on iOS topic here).

12. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    We snuck in a little Halloween update, just for this week, live now. Enjoy, tomorrow is the next Double Coins Day!

HALLOWEEN UPDATE
    • Double Coins!
    • Bats everywhere!
    • Spooky menus, environment, and loading music
    • Zombie skater and pedestrian skins

13. Crichton333

Crichton333 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Game developer
    Nice screen layout of controls even on the baby screen iPhone.