Universal Epic Skater 2 (by Your Daily Fill)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by EpicSkater, May 22, 2018.

1. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Thanks and do to your activity on this forum I also just bought the coin doubler pack!!

2. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    #22 EpicSkater, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Thanks so much! Hope you enjoy, and feel free to post any feedback.

3 more IAP giveaway codes to go for anyone else. First 3 people to respond get them for the weekend. :)

Here's a new gif for fun
    [​IMG]

**EDIT: Are there new gif size rules? I see the embedded gif fine while editing the message but only the (X) shows up when posted. Our main post is missing 3 gifs also... Trying a smaller one to test a theory...
    [​IMG]

3. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Went to leave you guys a review on the game and clicked the link in game that pops up and it just takes to epic skater, link needs fixed

EpicSkater likes this.
  4. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I love old school endless runners and classic Tony Hawk, sounds like a match made in heaven

5. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    #25 EpicSkater, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Looking into that, thanks!

Sending DM with IAP code now. Hope you enjoy!

2 more IAP codes left for the next 2 (new, not already received codes) people to reply to the thread!

(here's a new video of a pretty nice 1.7 million point combo)

6. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    #26 solarnya, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    I'm counted?
    as you know, I love skateboaring games.
    some is too cheep, and else is complecated.
    this game is balanced.
    speaking of which, I'm a streamer in Japanese group and played EpicSkater2 on this site.
    3 or 4 ppl have been to trying it.

I hope seemless gameplay(no loading in edge of stage(

EpicSkater likes this.
  7. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Of course! Sending DM with code now. Enjoy! :) :)

Thanks for feedback. We wanted seemless endless streaming, but had too many memory problems with new system (streams up and down layers as well as left right). So we had to make loading screen. :(

One more code left for the next person (who hasn't received a code) to reply! :)

8. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    #28 EpicSkater, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    New version update just went live today. This is a huge release for us. Lots of changes based on player feedback that we've been tracking across all platforms.

We identified the ad network that was intermittently serving 30 second reward ads instead of 5 second skippable ads (which completely sucked!). That same network often lagged on loading and also often locked the screen on ad end. We've removed them from our ad service list, and apologize for the issues.

Biggest changes involve reducing ad velocity and frequency for new players, and improving communication on all the buttons on the bail and end run screens. Both should help new players ease into the game with less frustrations while figuring out the controls and meta game.

We noticed players spamming the 'watch ad to get up' button on the bail screen without realizing it's a "Reward Video" button. IE: pressing it means requesting to watch a 30 second unskippable ad for the reward of getting up free without spending a drink. In addition, since there was no skip button on the bail screen many users didn't notice/understand the countdown and thought they had to press one of the two 'get up' buttons to progress past the screen. Thus confusing them into consuming a drink or watching a 30 second unskippable ad, both of which are meant to be entirely optional not forced.

We appreciate all the feedback, and hope people enjoy the updates. :)

What's New 1.005
    • Reduced number of popup ads!
    • Now giving free crates after every update!
    • Increased the time that novice users don't see popup ads!
    • Removed broken ad service that was locking up and serving unskippable ads!
    • Added skip button to bail screen so you understand you don't have to continue
    • Improved bail screen continue button so you understand it means watching a reward ad
    • Removed rage inducing post-bail voice over
    • Simplified main menu layout
    • Simplified splash screen

Todd made a little tutorial video of how to dress your dude up like the guy from the original.

9. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Just tried the new update, definitely helpful to see that skip button in there. Wasted a couple drinks in the beginning before I figured it out.

10. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Nice, glad it helps. Those two screens (bail and end) really needed this extra iteration. The challenge is finding a balance between providing enough options, and enough accompanying instructions, but not too many options and instructions to overwhelm. Feels like we're getting closer. The 'watch ad' button on the bail screen may get another pass to try to make it even more blatant.

-------------

Also, forgot to mention that we're continuing to look into ways to improve the experience for iPhoneX. For now, we've locked rotation to horizontal left so the overlay notch is not covering the Goals UI on the left (so it's always to the right now). This isn't an ideal situation. This has forced all iOS devices to be horizontal left, which we know can be frustrating if you're playing while charging and need the cord on the other side. So we'll continue to work on this. The X caught us off guard and we need to catch up. Seems most developers are setting up a 'safe area' in their UI and just keeping UI out of the notch zones. We'll see if something like that works for us. Apparently the notch is going to be showing up on the next batch of phones also, so it's not going away.

11. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Is there an option to stick the buttons on the left, as it is right now I am performing tricks, grinds, slides with my right thumb and turns, grabs and switches with my left, feels backwards. You guys got a bunch of southpaws there lol. With that said and the new update I am hitting the skip button a lot on accident because of the way I play, not game breaking but could be a problem if I hit that one super sweet line and want to continue.

12. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Regarding the skip button on the bail screen, we've got a plan to migrate it to the top right for exactly the reason you mentioned, so we got your back. It will likely change to a simple (X) like other menus also for simplicity. For the first implementation we wanted to go as blatantly obvious as possible though to be sure any currently frustrated players would notice it.

So, Spin button was on the left in the original to keep the right side of the screen clear of UI so you can see oncoming obstacles. Our simple one tap control for jumps and tricks has always been touch anywhere with any hand, but since most people are right handed they tend to hold the phone with the left hand and tap/release to jump (the only mandatory control) with right hand. When grab and transfer were added for this game, they were grouped with spin because they are all optional modifiers.

Sounds like you hold it like twin stick game, that's cool. I play like this (ignore android test device). I find I get better directional control for landing different grinds and slides using my index finger. I can 2 finger swipe easier for flips and rolls also. Todd (artist) play's completely different though, and Andy (designer) plays different also (like you I think). We've got a card on our schedule for eventually looking into adding options to swap which side the modifier buttons live on so it's cool you brought it up. Everyone does it different! :)

13. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    #33 EpicSkater, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Latest update is live. Version 1.009 is our first major economy tune based on player feedback. We've also done a lot to streamline the end run reward popups so you stay in the game more.

* Fixed UI iPhoneX Notch!
    * New players get free coins, drinks, gems, and crates!
    * Unlocked ALL tricks at start!
    * Unlocked LOTS of clothing for free at start!
    * Reduced trick upgrade costs
    * Reduced perk upgrade costs
    * Reduced Career level costs
    * Reduced Epic clothing costs
    * RADICALLY reduced end run reward popups!

Also, today is Go Skateboarding Day so it's double coin pickups all day! :)
    [​IMG]

14. Distrak

Distrak Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Dev
    World
    ¿What plans do you have for future update of the game? GJ friend ;)

15. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Ok so while I'm all about having all the tricks unlocked and reduced cost for levels I have already purchased a lot of these at the previous pricing and now lost a ton that could have been used for my constantly piling clothing costs. On that subject you are trying to pull new players and this is a good move forward but that coupled with new players also getting coins drinks gems and crates? Really seems like those that jumped in in the beginning are getting blown off.

16. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    The epic clothing prices have been reduced. The further into progression you are the higher the coin rewards from crates are, so you will actually notice a double reduction of clothing prices compared to a new save. The new save default inventory, while useful at early progression economy, is minimal for anyone who's progressed into the game (as I mentioned earlier, the coin rewards scale up with your progression so most of the default inventory a new player gets could be acquired in a few runs by a player who's already progressed into the game). As well, returning players get 2 free epic crates when you start the app after an update (that's been in for a few updates now).

If you feel cheated for any of your time or in-app purchases, we'll gladly pass along a gems IAP code.

17. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Ok cool, thanks for the clarification. You guys have done a stellar job with this game and continue to do so!

18. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Thanks! The major content updates that are in the works right now are:

1) More modular pieces for endless mode for the subways and rooftops areas
    2) Reworking training into more of a sandbox/practice type of experience

19. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Keep the feedback coming! The "gut" reactions really help guide it along and keep it fair for everyone.

20. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Installed on ipad asked which save. Says cloud empty. Load up original device and play a few times. Close it. Open ipad. Cloud empty.
    Only choise to start over. I have spent A LOT in game and dont want to start a new “no money spent” game.

Cloud not working??