Universal Epic of Kings (by Dead Mage Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 19, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    At $1 I couldn't pass it up. Besides being extremely linear it's actually pretty good. I'm liking it so far.

Billy

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Picking this up for a buck. Never had intentions of getting this one, but i cant say no to a buck. Despite being a done-this-done-that type of deal, this looks like it at least has high production values.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #103 Exact-Psience, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    Um... Ok. Where to start?

Well, i am hugely disappointed. This game makes the Superman and the Pacific Rim IB clones look very, very well done. The visuals in Epic of Kings look similar to Oddworld Stranger's Wrath in the lowest possible resolutions, but with a very mediocre framerate. This is on an ipad air btw...

As mentioned by other impressions here, the swipes arent transitioned smoothly as well. Combos feel clunky, which i think is the main reason the swipes may feel unresponsive at times.

The puzzles are pretty low quality too. The actual puzzles, i dont care if theyre too simple coz this isnt a puzzle game, but the presentation of the visuals look pretty basic and even remind me of 7th Guest's visuals back when i played it on a very pathetic PC.

I have played all the IB clones, and i gotta say, despite this being one of the latest, it's also one of the worst. This makes the first Batman IB clone (Arkham City Lockdown) look like one of the best IB clones.

I guess Infinity Blade 3 just raised the bar too high with its high style visuals, smooth framerate, and killer swipe detection.

Some clones i will recommend if you like a stage-based IB clone, with enemies being transitioned automatically between fights, i suggest picking up either Arkham City Lockdown or Stormblades instead.

Im really sorry if my impressions sounded like "X is better than this", but that's all i can think of right now, other than a lot of negative things about Epic of Kings.

4. nuno2k

nuno2k Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    portugal
    This game is Free right now

5. PSquared

PSquared Active Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Game is free. Still a terrible game though. I won't bother explaining why as SO many other wonderful TA members have already posted lengthy reviews. The only thing I could add is that the developer quoted TA in their advertisement saying it 'looks pretty sweet'. It is such a shady and underhanded business practice to pick three words out of a bad review to make it look like a reputable reviewer actually enjoys a game that is awful.

Poor game, dishonorable developer, enough said.

6. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Not sure that it's shady AND dishonorable. Industry standard? Yes. Also, 1 star game? Uh no. 3 star? Probably. Reading this thread full of pissers and moaners was the worst part of the experience so far. They sold you a mediocre game. Not a piece of shit car. I picked this up for free and have played 5 levels. Certainly not a great game... but I've paid for FAR worse!

7. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Update is out iOS 11 support but it makes visuals on high end devices worse

8. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    I asked the developer about this and they will fix the issues just have to wait until 2019

9. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    No update yet for epic of kings I wish they would update the game and fix the visuals who else had trouble with the last update?

10. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Guys important message from the devs this game will no longer be updated on iOS iPad os

11. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Visuals fixed with the Apple certificate update

12. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Kind of forgot about this one it’s unreal engine 4 based since there’s no infinity blade this is the closest thing we have

13. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Oceanhorn 2 knights of the lost realm unreal engine 4 game is better because of the camera 3D free roam