Universal Epic of Kings (by Dead Mage Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    I felt this might be closer to The Witcher than Infinity Blade seeing earlier photos, instead I got an Infinity Blade clone - just more restricted. No need to get this. It is an average game, that would have been awesome four years ago and today just feels like a waste of a competent team.

2. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
  3. #84 AppUnwrapper, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Umm...I'm very confused. I just noticed some of the developer's gameplay videos show the character wearing different armor. Recent videos, too. Did I somehow miss how to get equipment? The game just has a map and a "skills" screen, so I'm not sure how I could have. Are they just being misleading with their videos? What is going on? Here's an example:

Did anyone playing ever find a way to acquire new equipment?

Edit: Lol never mind. I think I just figured it out. Your character gets new armor when you add stat points to your amor. Mine isn't maxed out, so I guess that's why I don't have a helmet. Mystery solved, I guess.

4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    ahaha i'm sorry but that's the most ridiculus armor i have ever seen. T-shirt and jeans with a helmet and some armor pieces? Worse than children's carnival costumes...

5. Limelight

Limelight Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    To save my city.
    localhost

Anyone here also getting crashes when stage 5 starts? I get 3-4 crashes. Anyway, the game was good. Story line is interesting. But I'm not really enjoying when exploring the area. Much better if there is some controller so that we can freely roam the place. Looks like we cannot explore all the areas. But still a good game. It's a bit pricey somehow. :(

6. Yeah, that's probably why I didn't even notice the changes on my character. His torso is still pretty much unprotected.

7. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Yup. Glad I applied for my refund and got it reapplied to my account last night.

8. DarknessFell

DarknessFell Active Member

Jun 22, 2013
    How did you apply for a refund?tried it and got nothing:confused:

9. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Did it over my computer. I would suggest you just google "how to apply for an App Store refund" or something like that. Took about 20 hours to get a response back that they were in fact refunding credit and then another 10-15 hours for the money to show back up on my account. I've heard that it's possible to do it right from your device but I don't know about that

10. DarknessFell

Jun 22, 2013
    Thanks :D i did it from my phone so i'll probably retry from my computer

11. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I don't think this game was so ad I wanted a refund but out of curiosity when you buy a terrible game how on earth do you get Apple to refund you? I almost never get a refund for games I bought that don't work let alone games that just suck. Am I missing something?

12. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    It's cool that Dead Mage hasn't commented on this thread at all, lol.

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    They cant afford to lol....

14. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I just said stuff along the lines of how they say it's an action-adventure when there is no adventuring. Also said that I was very displeased with my purchase and would not have bought had I known how terrible the game is. Also mentioned that the game is using Unreal 4 but doesn't look as good as games on supposed inferior engines. Just let them know I was super dissatisfied with purchase overall. Could also depend on how often you ask for refunds. This was only the second time in six years of buying things off iTunes/App Store that I requested a refund. The other time was the IAP ham from Dungelot 2.

15. DarknessFell

Jun 22, 2013
    @Fangbone Just got my refund confirmation ...thx for the help :)

16. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    You're welcome

17. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Omg- let's hope Lord of the fallen is a better game- I taught this one would be a must buy,...

18. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    That's a shame the game turn out to doesn't being good. I was really looking forward to playing it.

19. JohnM

JohnM New Member

Apr 9, 2016
    I found this game on Unreal engine forums. I think it's quite a good game for 0.99$! Plenty of action scenes and also good graphics! And one interesting thing is that the game is created by just two full-time developers. That's what stated on the Unreal engine forums. I think it can be counted as a success for such a small team! At least they tried to push the boundaries of mobile indie games by not creating a casual game!