Universal Epic of Kings (by Dead Mage Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    No magic system
    2 button combat
    No combos
    Slow movement
    Dodge is your movement button when engaged in combat
    Bosses that require the same tactics

The only similarity they had was the Greek setting and a guy wielding dual blades, but I respect that it's your opinion.

2. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Thx for telling us those, save my 5 bucks lol. Haha

3. Also never realized just how much I appreciate that if you lose a battle in IB, you can just restart it instead of playing through all the battles again that you already completed.

4. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Not to go off topic. But in many years of iphone gaming I dont think ive ever applied for a refund. i cant seem to see where to do it. Anyone?

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I just recently did this for the first time. You go on your pc and load up iTunes and go to the app and do it through there. It's under report an issue.

Billy

6. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

So what exactly do you type? like "Hi, this game really sucks. Please refund!"?

7. Ha Apple's gonna regret approving the game. Should have gone with their gut instinct.

8. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    #68 Reaganomics, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    So it should be An Epic of Kings or The Epic of Kings. Because based on your explanation they're using epic as a noun. Anyway, the title sounds awkward to me too because I'm used to hearing epic used as an adjective like in "popularized and slang uses of the term 'Epic'". I guess it's how you look at it.

9. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Can be done directly from your idevice via the email receipt and the same way LS described.

10. Jmartinez41

Jmartinez41 Member

Sep 19, 2014
    Looks like I missed a lot that lived up to their hype:p

11. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Epic of Gilgamesh
    Song of Solomon
    Book of Job

Just sayin

12. Reaganomics

Apr 26, 2009
    Right. In all of your examples the authors used "The" at the beginning of their titles.

13. Kiven

Kiven Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Male
    Frustrated Wrestler and Lifelong Gamer
    Philippines
    Real glad i didnt do impulse buy and waited for reviews. Sad that it doesnt seem to live up to the hype. Will see if a patch or three changes things...

14. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    I did it with Zodiac, which was easy to do because the game was 1/8th done. I would word it around inaccurate or misleading descriptions if either applies, or unmet expectations, incomplete gameplay, something like that?

15. Trying to give the game another chance on my iPhone. I don't think there are words to express how much I hate the camera angle for battles.

16. Still not impressed with the game, but I think I'm around halfway through. I figured I should show some of the QTE gameplay. Not a fan of the way the arrows are drawn. And it's not terribly exciting because, again, IB did it better. There are points during this where we're just staring at each other and nothing's happening. I'm basically just waiting for him to attack.

17. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    this is bad game,maybe for me but graphic and gameplay are terrible,not recommend!

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I see what you mean! The entire experience was marred by the fact that you just stood there doing nothing multiple times. Like you were just taking a break lol.

I'm so disappointed that this game didn't live up to the hype. I really looked forward to this title.

As always thank you for your videos.

Billy

19. Finished the game. It's 20 levels and incredibly underwhelming. Something about the meaning of life at the end. Bit ironic, I guess lol.

Doesn't even seem to have the rebirth aspect that IB has. If I press "next level" after completing the game, it just takes me back to the final boss. Might write a quick review since I took the time to finish the game.

20. Reaganomics

Apr 26, 2009
    This seems like one of those ambitious game titles that just misses the mark. It's pretty unfortunate when a game with high expectations just crash and burns because it doesn't meet the hype.