Universal Epic of Kings (by Dead Mage Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    God of war like gameplay??? What God of war have you been playing, because that game was soooo far away from GOW.

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Seems like a good candidate for one of the disappointments of the year. Especially with Dead Mage behind the production, whose upcoming Children of Morta looks several leagues more impressive than the already highly regarded Shadow Blade.

(I admit I already lost heart after the story trailer a few weeks back, though.)

3. Jmartinez41

Jmartinez41 Member

Sep 19, 2014
    This keeps happening to us. New mobile game gets hyped, turns out to be a huge disappointment. I think the last game that was hyped and lived up to it was Oceanhorn.

4. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Huh ? It has free character movement but no camera movement just like God of war . You navigate the levels but they are linear just like god of war . The combat is more restrictive than god of war but it's not like GOW is the deepest action game anyway . That's my opinion .

5. fulcizombie

Dec 17, 2011
    I think forgotten memories lived up to its hype and endless development cycle at least compared to every other iOS horror game .

6. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #46 Dankrio, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    Crashlands? Galactic Keep?

7. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Thank you good sir, you saved me $5

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow I havent seen a thread like this in a while!

9. fulcizombie

Dec 17, 2011
    Brothers is also an amazing game with eye popping graphics and great gameplay .

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Implosion says hi.

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    So true. You actually made me lol. My daughter is like dad why are you laughing all alone in your room.

Billy

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    lern 2 english bro

13. Additional thoughts: maybe it's just me, but the almost sideways view messes me up for the battles. IB is head on, maybe a little angled, but the camera is behind your character. Here I feel like I'm watching the battle out of the corner of my eye and it throws me off as to which direction I'm supposed to parry or dodge. Anyone else have that issue?

14. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I thought I was the only one thinking this.

15. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I love how people criticizing others for "bad grammar" oftentimes just make themselves look foolish.

You are probably only familiar with the popularized and slang uses of the term 'Epic'.
    An epic is an account of heroic deeds and actions, often in poem form but also seen in other mediums like film, song, etc.

In this case the medium is a video game. You can translate the title as "An account of the heroic deeds of kings."

It's grammatically correct.

16. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #56 anthony78, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    This. I don't mind IB clones and actually would love one with a really good RPG / story based action adventure in a fantasy setting. The IB games are great but I never got into all the lore behind it so I certainly wouldn't discount a game just because it uses a combat system like it.

Ashame that this one doesn't sound like it fits the bill.

17. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    #57 ImJPaul, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Really need to start reading the threads before I impulsively click the buy button. Oh well, I bought it. Might as well try and enjoy it.

Edit- played it. Didn't much care for it. Deleted. Bye bye $5. Womp womp. Oh wait. Nvm. Apple refunded me. Oh happy day! MUUUURICA!

18. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Ask Apple for a refund

19. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Lol

I haven't been disappointed in a while. Can't have good without the bad and this is like ok. It's not worst game ever. I mean it's premium and no internet connection. I think the description says what this game does. It just isn't s new formula nor does it exceed what infinity blade does which is what I think people were expecting.

20. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    LOL! Funny shite!