Universal Epic Little War Game (By Rubicon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 1, 2017.

1. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    My only complaint are those ugly buttons #. I'm having tons of fun. I wish those stats that show damage for each type and amount energy something uses could stay on by default.

2. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    $2 sale after 5 days of launch? Why?

3. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Games probably not selling well

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Eight bucks on the Aussie store.....why don't we get discounts?#
    And is the audio problem still happening with the iPad Pro?

5. SwordBytes

SwordBytes Active Member

May 17, 2013
    Ah good, not just me then.

And a price drop like that so near to launch. I'm guessing it's tactical.

Those of us who love the series will buy it immediately. Developers know this.

Once that immediate rush has gone, the price can be dropped to pull new customers, who will potentially become lovers of the series, like the rest of us.

It's a good economical model. And don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying the initial price in the first instance. But I can understand that people who don't have much funds could become frustrated by this.

I could be completely wrong. It has been known. But the above is my guess.

6. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #46 Son of Anarchy, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Fellow Australian here... eight bucks IS the discounted price. I bought it for $10.99 on day of release.

@Rubicon. I say this with great respect and as a supporter of Rubicon since the first GLWG and everything since.

-Pro Tip- Promote and release with discounted price, THEN put it up 5 days later. Not the other way round, I'm pretty sure I don't even need to explain why.

7. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Price rise, then cut again in 24 hts? Tactical? Yeh, saying to people it WILL go UP then DOWN again

8. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    So what's the main difference from gbwg? Is I possible to play co-op with a friend online or just pass and play?

P

9. Scarletti

Scarletti Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Beta tester and now owner here.

Yes you can do coop online with a friend.

10. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Ok, thanks for the clarification. I have both GLWGs and gbwg but haven't finished them. Is this just more of the same or do this bring some new elements that might get a hold of me longer? I didn't like the ammo and fuelconservation of gbwg.

P

11. Smallville2106

Smallville2106 Active Member

Sep 12, 2013
    What I don't understand is Devs moan that it's so hard to earn money on the App Store without going the freemium root. It's no wonder people don't like spending when Devs pull this sort of thing. Why would the majority of people pay for a game like this at launch or any time at full price when they know it's going to drop in price?

A price drop this early though is a kick in the teeth to early purchasers. The dev should be ashamed.

12. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Any word on audio fix for iPad Pro? I'm holding off on purchase until updated.

13. Player789

Player789 Member
    Patreon Silver

May 9, 2012
    Enjoying the game so far. Two questions though: (1) is there a way to scroll through units that havent moved yet? And (2) do the cpu players attack each other? They all seemed to make a beeline for my base.

14. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    #54 Rubicon, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    The Steam version of this game is ten bucks. We looked for the highest price anyone else was selling stuff on iOS for and that seemed to be 6.99. A day after release we saw that a better price would be 4.99 so as not to stand out. So you're getting it at half price just because.

15. Smallville2106

Smallville2106 Active Member

Sep 12, 2013
    So pricing your game has nothing to do with it's worth, time invested or amount of content etc it's just what's the highest price point that others are selling at?

'Half price just because.'
    Wow.
    You obviously don't get the point I was trying to make.

What was it that dawned on you after a day of taking people's money at the higher price that didn't dawn on you before?
    There is no way to justify this kind of move. This is a major part of why the App Store is like it is. I understand that prices fluctuate etc day to day on the App Store and that's fine but so close to release is just ripping early adopters off.
    I've bought lots of apps and then the price drops but that's the way the cookie crumbles as prices can drop anytime. However Apple should force Devs to keep it at the launch price for a fixed set time.

Mind due I suppose you're only shooting yourself in the foot. It's your fans and the games fans that will have bought it early and at your 'inflated' price. Some of these people won't just buy at launch next time.
    Can you imagine the s#%t storm that would occur if console games dropped by 25% 1 day after release?!
    Granted your price cut is not huge (money wise but as a % it's 28.6%) but it's the principal of it. App Store Devs think it's ok to treat consumers this way and it's not.

I know you have to make a living but come on.

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Please check your tone.

The app store is nearly 10 years old now, this is nothing new. You are the one making the choice to buy a game at its listed price, if you are unhappy with that then that is on you.

The app store is the fastest moving market in the world. Once a game is live the analytics can show you how it's faring, and sometimes you absolutely have to make a change with something like pricing in the first few days, sometimes in the first few hours.

If that bothers you there is a refund mechanism for a reason, but it in no way gives you license to mock or talk down to the developer or anyone in this forum.

17. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    I didn't think you had one tbh, but you're welcome to your opinion regardless. I'm not prepared to argue with you about it.

A few people seemed to jump to the wrong conclusion about our price blip, so I made a post explaining. That is all. If that renders me unfit for purpose in your eyes then so be it. Others can make that call for themselves.

18. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    I love this Game

Cool Graphics
    No -In App Purchase

19. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    #59 brothamannp11911, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Darn it guys, I was hoping you'd just ignore it :D

Im just waiting for wife approval, we are on an extremely tight budget so not spending on anythijng for myself at moment, even 0.99 v:(

Rubicon makes games worth so much more than they charge.... Combat Monsters is criminally, horrifically not well known and it pains me to think as the developer how much a struggle it must have been.... like so many others around here, Foursaken, Crescent Moon.. and to see this BS rear its head yet again...

I wish developers would put a tip jar in and/or it worked, so we could pay up what to they are worth. I know ive seen some do this and it wasnt a good thing either...

We kind of suck, consumers.

20. SwordBytes

SwordBytes Active Member

May 17, 2013
    Thanks for clearing that up, Rubicon :)

Any word on the sound glitch yet? I'm holding off levels until I can appreciate in its full beauty.