Epic Hearts by 4:33 - ACTION RPG! - 10 Testers $10 iTunes

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AppsAsia, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Downloading now! Can't wait to play this beauty!

2. Varking

Varking Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    Congrats to everyone selected as a tester!

3. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Wow.Look fantastic.Find some bugs on text structure of dialog.

4. AppsAsia

AppsAsia Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Could you please send me some screenshots to my email? Thanks!!

5. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Email sent.Thanks

6. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Anyone get a link for the questionnaire?

7. AppsAsia

Jun 10, 2010
    we'll send it soon :) your not already finished are you?:eek:

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Initial impressions. Graphics and art style are nice.

One thing i dint like was the controls, where when you hold left for example, and you mash the attack button, after the attack button press, while still holding down left, you dont move anymore.

I was thinking it'd be good if we can move seamlessly even with attack button presses while just holding down a directional button, to make the controls feel smoother.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For the other beta testers... What character classes did you choose? I'll restart my Nika if any characters are left unused.

10. Daver16

Daver16 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Yeah the controls feel Kind of sticky to and I kind of think the movement is a little too fast haha maybe it just takes some getting used to! When there is the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen it really seems to bog down the game when you're in a area with monsters. Lots of text wrapping where it will continue the word on the next line
    like "att
    Acking"
    It's pretty fun so far and I found a set item that's exciting! I do feel like the icon for set items should have a border or something to show its special.
    I started as the half breed guy totally drawing a blank on his name

11. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    Game is really good small typing error when you fish in the first mission to find the monster oil the fish is called a calm crap I'm guessing it is supposed to be carp. I started as the swordsman also drawing blank on name. The graphics definently take some getting used to and text cuts off at weird places. Ill get some screenshots when I see it again.

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah. The default move is a bit fast, but there's a game speed slider under options. I put it right in the middle of the slider and it works perfectly for me.

One comment about the controls is that when sliding over the directional buttons, and i slide off the actual buttons, I stop moving. This is mostly true with the up and right buttons. It might be a good idea to expand the touch area for the buttons a bit outside the virtual pad.

13. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    #53 banger1103, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    Liking the initial impressions. I like the art style and the quick movement of the characters. And as previous testers have mentioned, the text wrapping and the controls are the only small quibbles I have in an hour of playing. The text and typos are just a minor annoyance, but the controls take some getting used to. A bigger hits one for the dpad would be much better, and maybe an option to resize some buttons? The attack button feels a bit small. Otherwise, I'm having a blast with this right now

Is anyone else having a problem with the bit detection for the controls? Seems like it doesn't respond too smoothly when hitting the buttons,NAND I find myself repeatedly pressing buttons in order to get it to do something

14. AppsAsia

Jun 10, 2010
    Thanks for your comments! we'll take them into consideration :)

15. #55 Haruhi, Sep 11, 2012
    I love the art and graphics in the game as well as the very fast-paced gameplay. The option to choose between two completely different controls schemes is also a nice feature, although touch controls don't seem as tight as they should be. The only things I dislike so far are the font and and the menus, which seem fairly unpolished compared to the rest of the game.

Edit: Minor problem, but it's one of my biggest iOS pet peeves: make the title fit on the home screen. Maybe shorten it to EpicHearts+?

16. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    The gunner was too cool to pass up

17. seikan

seikan Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Too bad! Seems like I'm not been selected. :(

18. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    #58 dreadnok, Sep 11, 2012
    I love the artwork even on my iPad 2 it looks great. I found that a lot of times words in sentences were broken up, with parts on top and the rest on the bottom for instance bottom would read butto
    m
    I agree about the D pad being slippery and finding myself sliding off of it. Is anyone using the other controls?

I like that they give us so much control and that Potion of Absorbtion is genius, how many times in a game you lose items while killing other creatures? Not anymore can't wait to do some online business with you guys.

The gunner is so cool I like the longer range and shotgun blasts are sick! Any thoughts on others characters? How is the Halfling ?

One last thing after talking to someone for a new quest and completing it when you return they go through the whole conversation again..... Might be a little unnecessary I think.
    I liked that they really gave a lot of help early on on where to go and what needed to be done with the little info at the bottom of the screen. people new to RPGs like this can benefit from it

19. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Have to agree with other testers that the artwork and characters are pretty good. Story is kinda average if I'm being honest, but it's still interesting enough to keep you wanting to play.
    Text wrapping is my biggest complaint. It really hurts the flow of the game in my opinion because when you're reading you want to be able to read quickly and get back into the action not get stuck on a word and think "huh? what's that mean, oh wait it's a part of the word on the next line" it just takes you out of the experience.
    here's an example..
    [​IMG]

I caught a fish which is named "calm crap" lol. I'm guessing it's meant to be calm carp.

[​IMG]

In the menus there's a line that say "Do you use a Tweeter?" it would be much better off saying " Do you use Twitter?" or " Do you have a Twitter account?"

[​IMG]

20. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    So, I finally got the game to fully download. So far, it seems pretty good. I'm really enjoying the graphics. I like the new things I'm seeing that I usually don't see in other rpgs, like the tornados coming out of the ground. :eek:

Movement is a little too fast. At times, it feels a little slippy.