Universal ENYO (by Tinytouchtales)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    One suggestion/request: the ability to replay the tutorial. Thanks.

2. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Agreed

3. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Replay of the tutorial is on my list guys.

@KeKhan hehe yeah, welcome to a better game ;)

4. Doug84

Doug84 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Sweet game. Bought the unlock immediately!

5. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @Doug84 thank you for buying and everyone else!

6. davegames

davegames New Member

Sep 3, 2016
    Bristol
    Very clever game. Very tough - still working my way through the 10 levels.

7. geigerm

geigerm Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Very cool game--I bought it at the first opportunity.

Are there cases in which runes (IIRC, that's what the arrows are called) shouldn't affect Enyo? I had a rune one space to my left that pointed right. I moved onto it expecting to be pushed right back to where I started, but stayed on that space. Thinking that runes didn't affect Enyo, I later moved onto one expecting to just go through it and ended up in some lava instead, which was obviously unpleasant.

8. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @geigerm thanks for buying!
    For the runes: runes will only activate if you go past them, which means if you end your move on them they won't affect your movement since you have no movement "energy" so to speak. If you move past a rune that is pointing in the same direction as your initial move direction you get push double of your current movement "energy" when exiting the rune tile. Hope this makes sense. For the next update i wall add a small help section explaining those more hidden rules.

9. geigerm

geigerm Member

Oct 25, 2010
    @Tinytouchtales Thanks for the quick clarification--that makes perfect sense. I kind of figured that's how runes worked after I played a few more times, but it's always nice to hear directly from the developer.

10. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Bought the game.
    Î'm loving it!
    It's really in the same vein as Hoplite and Tales of a viking.
    I rated 5 stars on the app store.

The only thing I noticed is that it does not seems to save in-game.
    So if you start another app, you game progress is lost.
    I don't mind at all but would not be unhappy if there was.

Great graphics, nice art, mechanic is fun.
    Good work!

11. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I see I don't get a lot of cool play with the sheild,

Just want to see if anyone on here found cool use for shield throw besides pushing enemies into a spike or lava

12. countBasil

countBasil Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2012
    Yes, loss of progress if app closes is a problem. Otherwise, great game!

13. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @countBasil @Ijipop in game save is on my list for the first update.

@esty8nine well have you seen the Meduas or the Cyclops, for those you have to use the shield.
    Besides that you often can use the shield to initiate a chain reaction with multiple enemies lined up.
    So that the first enemy next to you can attacked you on the next turn.
    I also had a really funny moment in one of my videos:

[​IMG]

14. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Finally picked up the full version too. Thanks for the tips and the Android version as well. Great game. Much more fun to play on the go too!

15. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Great game. Hard to win, but you learn with every round more and more till it clicks. One round can be short. But it has a good one more time feeling. The scoreing system is genius once you understand the skull timers.

It truely fits in a row with your last game. Thx tinytouch.

I dont know if its supposed to be like this, but the touchcontrols dont work on the whole screen. If i drag a line for the shield attack i would like to do this on the side of the screen or on top or bottom. Not near the character. I prefer to see the battle arena and not hide it with my fingers.

I would prefer to see the glyphs on the ground better. Once an enemy is on it, its hidden. Also a wall under it with a spike pointing up hides it. I have lost many games just because of this. Please take out this (unfair) element and give me more control on planning. Maybe make enemies a bit transparent to see the glyphs on the ground.

Thanks for this great game.

16. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks guys!

@Ghostdog1 the dragging should work everywhere. It could be that you drag slightly diagonally, this sometimes happens and your drag won't get recognized. I'm trying to come up with a solution for this in the next update.

Also your comment in regards to the runes is correct. The are hidden some times, i will see how i can fix this.

Thanks for the feedback.

I got the save game in today. Will do another pass on some smaller bugs and see that i can submit a new build this week!

17. ngajoe

ngajoe Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Not sure if this was covered previously, but I will frequently have an issue where I cannot select the "dash" command after throwing my shield. This doesn't always happen, but seems to happen after I've chucked my shield around a couple of times or started a new run. Very much a bummer as I really need to dash out of some tight spots, normally near my high score. :( I'm on an iPhone 6s+.
    Also, it took me quite a while to get the hang of it--I really couldn't figure out the potential of the shield throw, but now I'm a big fan for several reasons. Thanks for the game!!

18. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    If you finish all 10 waves you beat the game? Or is it endless?

19. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @ngajoe yep it's a bug, i think i fixed it already. will put a test flight up today to see if it's fixed.

@Mrbestapps after 10 levels you are done. But you can replay for a better score or try the expert mode.

20. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    #60 Tinytouchtales, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Newest version just went live on test flight. For those of you who had this very annoying "dash button isn't working after shield throw" bug, would you be so kind and give this a go? If you are not in our test flight yet please send me an email to beta[at]enyo-game.com.