Universal Enviro-Bear 2010 (by Justin Smith/Captain Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Phil_Synowiec, Jul 9, 2009.

?

Game of the Year?

1. Yes

10,000,221 vote(s)
    2,053,433.5%
  2. No

234 vote(s)
    48.0%
  1. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Wow I thought Ass Fault was the hardest to steer but this one takes the cake.

2. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    iphone game of the year!

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Can someone else who has this game please put together some kind of strategy guide because I cannot figure out what you're supposed to do. I just crash in to the tree, then try to put the car in reverse, and get stuck. Maybe this is all part of the game, since bears can't drive cars.

Either way, holy cow. Why does this game exist? LOL.

4. ANBA RedLynx

ANBA RedLynx Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Jedi
    Helsinki
    got it..

Put drive in D and then press gass. Try to steer and hit to river or bushes. Either give some food that you grap in mouth. Got to "second stage" with turbo but car felt the same.

My two year old kid just loved the watch the bear to drive. And she is harsh iPhone app critic :D So five stars from her. I give it.. well i cannot give any game stars.. because its kindda joke app more than game :)

5. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    This simply has to be the most hilarious f*cking thing to grace the app store hahaahahahahaha the screens are priceless.

6. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    You have to eat berries and fish to get fat enough before winter so you can hibernate in a cave. (When you eat some stuff, go into a cave and you'll go to "year two"...etc....

Or else, in five min of playing, snowballs cover the screen and you die from the winter coldness :p

7. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    LOL, I smash into the boulder at top speed, so I can put a rock on the gas pedal. This game is insane.

8. ANBA RedLynx

ANBA RedLynx Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Jedi
    Helsinki
    HAH it works! Much better to drive after that.

Direct quote from buddy: "Havent seen this crappy game in 20 years" ... now he plays it. mad app. :D :D

9. Brinkman

Brinkman Well-Known Member

I gotta see video before i purchase haha

10. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I'm tempted to buy this one now...

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Ohhh I get it now. I didn't know you had to drag the gas pedal down, I thought you just put your paw on it. How do you get a rock to put on the gas pedal? Being able to steer and have the gas down at the same time would be even better.

Also, WTF there are other bears driving cars in this forest!

12. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    some funny ass artwork to this game.

13. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Lol I have to get this game, the original was already amazing and know I can play anywhere I go.

14. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Enviro-bear should be using a mode of transportation that is more environmentally sustainable.

15. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Like what? Maybe a... semi-truck? Lol!:p
    It would be kind of fun to have more than one vehicle... a suburban, a Hummer, a semi-truck, a buggy... hmmm... the list could become quite lengthy... not to mention they're all environment-friendly! LOLS!!!:D

16. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    #56 djflippy, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    The next time someone starts spouting off about how "video games are not an art form", I now have demonstrable proof that they are wrong. It portrays things in ways that literature, painting, or music, could not possibly equal. This game is genius.

17. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    someone get Albie to review this game

18. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    Oh, I wouldn't wish that upon him; he seems like a nice guy. Besides, he would have to reengineer the albie-meter to dip down to zero. :confused:

19. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    This game has the pride of a lion, the stealth of a badger, the strength of a yak, and the pulsating, roaring heart of a bear!...and fish and berries.

20. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

#60 MicroByte, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    I woke up at 5:30 this morning and out of habit, checked the App Store to see what's new. Seeing the icon for this game, I had to click to see what this App could be. The words WTF could not have been more appropriate. Keep in mind, it's 5:30am and I was NOT prepared for this type of goofiness this early.

Strangely, I have been following this thread all day long, chuckling at the comments from those that have played it.

The developer is an absolute genius I think. He created something so off the wall, so bad looking, so 'WTF'esque that I'm going to have to buy it just to WTF it for myself.

Kudos Mr Developer, Kudos...

*edit*

Okay, sucker that I am, I purchased this travesty. I recorded my very first play (probably a bad move) and am uploading to YouTube right now. I'll post a link to the abomination after it's done uploading...

This will be a game I play when I'm having a seriously bad day at work...