Universal Enviro-Bear 2010 (by Justin Smith/Captain Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Phil_Synowiec, Jul 9, 2009.

?

Game of the Year?

1. Yes

10,000,221 vote(s)
    2,053,433.5%
  2. No

234 vote(s)
    48.0%
  1. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada

So, which is it?

or

2. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    seems to be a computer version, there's even a link for download in the video comment (I'm not downloading it since I'm on Mac). The iphone version is probably a port.

3. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Well, it looks better than The Quest.

4. gigidey

gigidey Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    I don't really see how the two contradict each other, but the game is bad, but not horrible. It does run smooth and have a soundtrack (despite being poor), but that does'nt make the game better.

5. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    #25 vaelsh, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    You're forgetting to tell him how frickin hard it is to try to drive in this game! And yes, I do believe that Fuzzy Wuzzy is driving under the influnce... BIG TIME! Ha ha ha, well to answer the previous question, it's a hard game to play, but it is not HORRIBLE. It's not wonderful by any means, but it's not wretched either.:rolleyes:

Oh and FYI, each game lasts five minutes before your crappy Yugo fills with tons of snow! Lols!:D

EDIT: I just figured out how to actually play the game, and I must say that it is hard but quite enjoyable too!

6. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    This game is epic win. Though I won't want to justify to my mother that I used her credit card dollars on this.

7. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Anyone remember Toonces the Driving Cat...? :)

8. shawn_10

shawn_10 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    lol this looks so stupid

9. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Actually, the original Enviro-Bear 2000 is a free independently developed game that was submitted in a TIGSource.com competition. The theme was simply called, Cockpit Competition. A indie games review site called Bytejacker has mentioned several games from the competition including Enviro-Bear 2000. (link: http://www.bytejacker.com/episodes/031)

This iPhone version seems to be a fun port by the developer.

10. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    Not to mention, it is designed by Justin Smith, a Facebook guru that is active in the indie gaming scene.

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    "Bear is driving! How can that be?!?"

[​IMG]

Clerks: The Animated Series

12. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    I was actually thinking the same thing. It seemed like I had seen it before on that site. Anyways, for those who are more destructive, there's a game called Burn the Forest. Unfortunately, it was banned by Apple for obvious activist movements against it. Here's a trailer.

13. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    First impressions

I think it would be difficult to make a worse game than this, all else being equal.

Actually, that may be the whole point of it, which I find intriguing. I'll play it more tonight, to find out. To me, that already makes it worth the dollar, but I'm kinda retarded that way.

14. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Grab stuff with my finger? Eat fish and berries?

15. robinanil

robinanil New Member

Jul 9, 2009
    just bought it. no offence but didnt find it funny :(

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Just downloaded this game. I don't even know what to say.

I can't quite decide if it's the most awesome game ever or the worst game on the App Store.

17. hardrockcafe

hardrockcafe Member

May 4, 2009
    Well in my opinion at .99 cents....it is $5.00 too much!! :)

18. You know, I'm one of those people who think that the vast majority of the incredibly retarded things other people laugh at for being so stupid they're awesome, are just stupid.

This is one of those rare times when I think I have to side with the so-stupid-it's-awesome crowd. I mean, look at that thing. Look at it. It's like an animated fridge drawing. Second grade art class stuff. And you have to feed the damn bear while he's driving. Actually grab stuff and put it in his mouth. And all sorts of other crap comes flying into the car and you have to grab it and toss it out.

It's idiotic. It's banal. It's wretchedly presented, apparently frustrating to play, and yet I laughed. It's like there's just the right amount of functionality and point drizzled over a steaming plate of tard. And it's deliberate -- it has to be. That ... might just be awesome.

19. conman_16

conman_16 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Roseville, CA, USA
    Those screenshots look like my drawings from 2nd grade art class lol. This looks like the complete opposite of one of those "hey look what my iPhone can do!" appps

20. Brinkman

Brinkman Well-Known Member

Funniest screen shots ever. what the hell is going on haha