Energi Portable Charger

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by GatorDeb, Mar 27, 2009.

1. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    #1 GatorDeb, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
    This is such a great deal that I think it deserves to stay in the most-visited forum :D Everyone who visits Lounge, Upcoming Games, etc, visit here also.

What makes this different is that it's compatible with iPhone 1 and 3G and Touch 1G and 2G. You rarely find one compatible with all four. And it's cheap!

It's a charger that takes AA batteries and charges your iDevice (and charges other iPods as well). $10!

http://www.buy.com/prod/energizer-ipodpowr2-energi-to-go-portable-ipod-charger/q/loc/111/205835291.html?adid=17992&dcaid=17992

Well I guess the mods decided not to leave in the Games forum. So now a handful of people can see this instead of mostly everybody. Oh well, I tried to pass on the word :p

2. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Picked em up for pretty much the same price earlier this week off woot. 2/$15+$5 shipping

3. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    How do you like it? I got 2 of them. One for work and one for home.

4. Perhaps that's because it's not a game. Post in the correct forum- that's the rules.

5. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Not sure, hasn't even shipped yet. I do plan on using rechargable AA's, reduce waste, and save a little money (batteries seem more expensive now-a-days). I thought I would use them for hiking and biking. These geocacheing apps eat up battery power when your tracing trails all day.

6. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    As mentioned, this could benefit a lot of people with more visibility. But I go mine already so if others miss it because it's here... at least I tried.

7. You are not listening. Read the rules section here.

"Don't post in the WRONG forum ("iPhone games" is for games only)"

What if everyone decided they had something important to say that wasn't about games, but posted about it in the games section because it is the most popular section? You're lucky you didn't get an infraction as others have.

8. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Hm.. how many AA batteries does it take to fully charge the Itouch?

9. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Woot said: Litiums-3, Alkalines-2. If those are correct, I'd say 1 1/2 for rechargables.

10. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    One and a half battery or one and a half charge cycles (which would be two full batteries and two halves of two other batteries).

This takes 2 X AA at a time. Are 2 AA enough for rechargeables?