[Endloop] Chicken Balls - upcoming physics-based, puzzle/arcade game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Endloop, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endloop

Endloop Well-Known Member

#1 Endloop, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
    UPDATE:

CHICKEN BALLS has been submitted!! Yay! We're hoping to be able to launch (Apple approval pending) on March 15th so mark your calendars!

Here's a preview video of Chicken Balls in action! (Shot in a hotel room during GDC so please excuse the amateurish quality, we'll have a PROPER trailer done soon).

Here's some of the backstory so far:

It's the summer of 1947 and you are Crash, the BRAVEST chicken this side of New Mexico. You've just come back from the Great War and had hoped to hang up your flight cap for good when an unidentified flying object crash lands just outside the nearby town of Roswell. Little did you know though that this was just the beginning and you'd have to take to the skies - one final time.

Gameplay:

Fling yourself selflessly into the fray to free your farm animal friends from alien abduction by:

- launching Crash using the familiar "slingshot" mechanism
    - bouncing Crash off obstacles to bust out your friends from the alien jail cells
    - using alien technology ("powerups") to make Crash bigger, faster, stronger and more!

Basically, the game will be a mashup of Angry Birds / Peggle / Ragdoll Blaster and the art style is inspired by Little Big Planet + Kirby's Epic Yarn.

[​IMG]

After months of delving on the dark side (productivity apps) we're extremely excited to be finally working on a new game!

Announcing our upcoming game, Chicken Balls! It's a physics-based, puzzle/arcade game with chickens, balls, and UFOs - what more could you want?

We're in closed Beta testing right now and aiming for a Q1 2011 release. Lots more to come soon!

Attached Files:

2. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    jappa, this looks cool. I like physic puzzlers, keep the infos coming!

3. Endloop

Thanks! We're working really hard to get it done and as soon as we have some more info, art or gameplay videos, we'll be posting it here first!

Thanks,
    Garry

4. Endloop

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that we're still working hard on Chicken Balls and we hope to have some more info and screenshots to post soon!

Here's some of the backstory so far:

It's the summer of 1947 and you are Crash, the BRAVEST chicken this side of the New Mexico. You've just come back from the Great War and had hoped to hang up your flight cap for good when an unidentified flying object crash lands just outside the nearby town of Roswell. Little did you know thought that this was just the beginning and you'd have to take to the skies one final time.

Gameplay:
    Fling yourself selflessly into the fray to free your farm animal friends from alien abduction by:

- launching Crash using the familiar "slingshot" mechanism
    - bouncing Crash off obstacles to bust out your friends from the alien jail cells
    - using alien technology ("powerups") to make Crash bigger, faster, stronger and more!

Basically, the game will be a mashup of Angry Birds / Peggle / Ragdoll Blaster and the art style is inspired by Little Big Planet + Kirby's Epic Yarn.

We're making great progress and can't wait to share what we've got so far! Stay tuned for some more screenshots and hopefully a gameplay video soon!

5. Endloop

Alpha!

Hey kids,

We're happy to report that we're in Alpha now and heading rapidly towards Beta. In celebration of our Alpha, we've released our first official screenshot of actual gameplay! (see Updated first post)

This isn't Final Art, but we are definitely getting close for the first stage. Would love to hear any and all feedback on the art style and anything else about the game!

All questions are welcome as well!

Thanks!!

6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Hi Endloop!
    Sorry, you have been almost talking to yourself all this while.

The game looks like a mixture of Angry Birds, Bumps & the gfx style of Battle of puppets.
    I am liking it so far :)

7. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    looks cool indeed. thanks for the updates endloop, hope the final version is also getting gamecenter with some neat achievements to collect :D

8. Endloop

Thanks for the replies guys! We know we've been a bit scarce with the updates but all that means is that we're working hard to get the game ready for release. Can't wait to show you guys more of it as I'm sure you're going to love it!

And yes, we're going to have lots of Game Center (and OpenFeint) achievements to collect. :)

Thanks,
    Team Endloop

9. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    you are welcome!
    the wait continues

10. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    FARMAGEDDON! :D

lots of achievements sounds awesome. tease us with a new screenie ;)

11. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    New screenie wantd!

12. Endloop

Thanks guys - going to try to get another screenshot up for you sometime early this week. What we're really working hard towards is enough polish in the game so that we can show a teaser gameplay video. :)

We're thinking of subtitling our game, Chicken Balls: Farmageddon - what do ya think?

Farmageddon basically is this powerup you have to charge up by collecting the eggs on the level. Once it's full, you can unleash the power of the farm on to the alien abductors!

13. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    *i'mwaiting*i'mwaiting*i'mwaiting*i'mwaiting*i'mwaiting*i'mwaiting*i'mwaiting*

Farmageddon is epic, mate! Bring on the good work! Cant wait to get my hand on this. tanks for the updates here!

14. Endloop

Thanks, we love Farmageddon as well... hehe...

Hold on to your horses just a wee bit longer and hopefully, we'll have another screenie this week!

:)

15. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    *bump*

where are the screenies? More eyeCandy for the community please :)

16. Endloop

Hey ipod_david,

Thanks for your patience! Unfortunately, we've been working all week on the "boring", but important, stuff like optimization, level design and tweaking the physics so we don't have any new screenies yet, (none that we think are close to final at least).

Hang in there and hopefully near the end of this week we'll have some more goodies to show! :)

Thanks!

17. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    I hang in there, keep follwing this thread and wait for you to drop some nice GFX in here :D
    Hope you put also still more GC-achievements in there *hehe*

keep it up, guys!

18. Endloop

Thanks for hanging in there!

We're pushing the team as hard as we can and I keep on wanting to post some teasers from our art department but they keep on telling me, "Not yet, it's not ready yet!" :p

Soon... hopefully, very soon!

19. Endloop

Updated with new Farmageddon screenshot!

Hey guys,

I know it's been a long time but we've been working super hard to get it finished. We want to make sure that it's as best as it possibly can be before releasing it. ;)

In the meantime, I've updated the original post with a teaser of Farmageddon.

Trust me - it's as awesome as it looks! :D

Thanks,

Katy

20. meanstreak

meanstreak Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Independent game designer
    Toronto
    Hey guys, the game looks great! I just noticed you're in Toronto, me too! Let me know if you want to meet up sometime.