Universal Endless Drive (by FrozenPepper)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by FrozenPepper, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Qw3rTYz

Qw3rTYz Active Member

Aug 9, 2013
    I'm on iphone 6 10.2

It also seems like the score is not updating on the new smania truck.

2. FrozenPepper

FrozenPepper Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Should have found and improved possible issue regarding performance, but can't replicate the score not updating problem on my iPhone 6 using the Smania Truck. Where you in a particular road ?

3. Qw3rTYz

Qw3rTYz Active Member

Aug 9, 2013
    To be clear the score updating does work within the game itself but it is not showing up in the gamecenter. I just tried it on a 6S with the same result. I can't see any score under the smania section so I suppose others have this issue aswell. I noticed some other things too. The terrain settings gets reset sometimes and the resolution slider does nothing at all. And the last thing is that the motel in the desert road is not working, the icon to switch time does not show up. I hope this info will help you, keep up the good work :)

4. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Fantastic report, great thanks ! Fixed the scoreboard bug (which was effecting also another scoreboard).
    The resolution slider effect can be seen in combination with a high value of on "Terrain HQ view distance", it is working for us on all our test devices (but need to press "Apply terrain settings" button for changes to take effect.
    Investigating the motel in the desert, but couldn't yet replicated, where you on a "sand road" or a "highway" when it happened ?

5. Qw3rTYz

Qw3rTYz Active Member

Aug 9, 2013
    I meant the slider on the right (under physical traffic) I remember that in older versions it changed the resolution of the whole app (including text and ui) but now I can't see any difference.
    The motel that didn't work for me is on the desert road with the sand instead of asphalt. Motels on other roads such as highway, medium, hard... etc work fine. I was driving terraformer if that helps.

6. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    While we weren't yet able to replicate (and fix) the desert road motel problem, a whole lot of fixes (and many thanks to you) is included in version 1.21 which was released a few hours ago.

Here release notes for latest update :
    This site and community are great, huge thanks for the feedback and helping making Endless Drive a much better game !

7. Qw3rTYz

Qw3rTYz Active Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Great thanks the performance is now much better, the fps drops are much more rare.
    The score is now updating in the gamecenter and the resolution slider works as it used to.

However I'd like to ask a few things. Could you tell me which driving assists were enabled by default before this update? And how can I rotate the camera? I can't seem to find the joystick to control the view since the new update.

I also noticed one new brakes bug. When I'm braking at higher speeds with ABS disabled there seem to be a delay upon release of the brakes. So when I release the brakes the car keeps the wheels blocked for a second more than it should. This is the most noticable on the faster cars Posh and especially Lambrodini.
    I recorded a video regarding this issue.
    https://youtu.be/nPHkrGBKNu8
    Hope you can notice it there.

8. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Before this update, almost all cars had all the driving assists enabled by default. I think the Gaston Fartin (trying to mimic it's old car status)
    had esp disabled but that's about it. We will soon introduce some more "advanced" settings allowing you to tweak the various assists strength and behaviour.
    About the possible bug with the brakes. Have been trying to replicate it, and while it's an odd behaviour I think (for the moment) that it is due to ESP and TCS going crazy trying to compensate for the wheel sudden block due to no ABS. Disabling ESP and TCS too the behaviour appears to be much reduced.
    Will continue investigating on this.

9. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Happy to write that version 1.40 of Endless Drive has just been approved by Apple !
    It brings many bug fixes, better graphics for trees, sky and terrain, and, a all new "Photo Studio" mode which freezes time and allows you to play with some cool effects and save or share screenshots from your endless journeys.
    After many requests, we have also introduced a "Complete Edition" in app purchase which unlocks all content and removes all ads with a single in-app purchase.
    While this was more of a "under the hood" update with some fundamental improvements at the core of game engine, next one will instead be focused on new gameplay related features.