Universal Endless Depths 2 RPG (by Nations Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 10, 2015.

1. havlen

havlen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2014
    I've honestly had mixed feelings about it. I liked my implementation of skill choice in Endless Nights where there was no pop up to distract from the game, but the message box for leveling in a class you already have a level in certainly detracts from it. I might change it up a bit and see if I can get something working that still has that Endless Nights feel without the ugly message box for leveling in the same class.

2. havlen

havlen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks bud. My original idea was to put in a few expansion races as an in-app purchase and have any in-app purchase also take away all ads. That's still my plan, I just wanted to get a version out around Christmas time. I didn't get any complaints when I made the first Endless Depths free and put a full screen ad, so some of the complaints here took me by surprise. I'm trying to tweak the ads so they are less annoying. I hate annoying ads in games as well 8)

3. Andrwrwn

Andrwrwn Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Having fun and I'd echo the comments that I'd be happy to pay for this and lose the adverts.

However... saved a couple of lives' worth of gold and bought a +4 double manastone rapier. 5 minutes later I appeared on a floor with blocked up stairs and no down stairs. No portal scroll. Am I missing secret passages, or has the procedural generation randomly decided to kill me and my hard-earned loot?

4. USCThomas

USCThomas Member

Feb 6, 2015
    I am enjoying the game but has anyone tried the Monk class? Seems ridiculously under powered. I guess the extra defense buffs are nice but every fight seems to take about 10x more attacks to finish

5. USCThomas

USCThomas Member

Feb 6, 2015
    I think it is just a random trap door that lowers you down a level randomly, there should be another downstairs/upstairs that you can access on that level. If not, it was definitely a glitch. By the way, good choice on the rapier, best 1 handed weapon IMO haha

6. USCThomas

USCThomas Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Just beat the boss and had a lot of fun playing but the end boss was way to easy. I saved up potions and scrolls thinking it would be a huge battle and didn't use anything. Not even a healing potion haha

7. USCThomas

USCThomas Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Can anyone tell me how prayer effects your character? And is the spirit stat only for energy or does it effect your spells damage too?

8. USCThomas

USCThomas Member

Feb 6, 2015
    That moment when you go down stairs and see five monsters waiting on you...

Attached Files:

9. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I really love this game it's pure old school goodness and I wil continue to support all your endeavors cause your head and heart are in the right place here despite not having the budget some developers do. Please let us pay to remove ads cause they really harsh my gaming vibe

10. havlen

havlen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Hey guys. I just released by newest game Dungeons of Evermore (there's a link for it here in the forums). It's a bit different from my Endless Depths and Endless Nights games. It's based on RPG board games like Temple of Elemental Evil. It allows you to have a party of 4 members and creates the dungeon in that tile-based way that those board games create it. It's a paid game with no ads, but if you really liked my other games, you'll probably like this one.

The iPhone/iPad version Endless Depths 2 is going to become a 'paid' game

I think the ad-supported model was a bust. It never made much of any money and I think just irritated people, so I am putting up a version on the Apple App Store that raises the price to $.99 and removes ads. I can't raise the price on the Android store, so I am not sure if I will release it there.

Anyone that has already downloaded it will keep being able to play it just with no ads. The new release should hit in a week or two. I am mentioning it now because anyone that downloads it while it is free can keep playing when the ad goes away.

11. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Thank you so much for this :) the ads suck and this game is worth a few bucks

12. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    Picked this up too, wanted to chime in and say it's a great dungeon crawler.

13. havlen

havlen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Wow. Been a while since I released Endless Depths 2.

I just published Endless Adventures, which is a sequel of sorts. This one allows a 4-character party to go on random quests. The format of the class system is similar to Endless Depths 2, but you have a bit more control over it now. Graphics have been upgraded as well.

Here's a thread I started on it: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=304164