End Of Year/Xmas Sales 2014 Roundup Thread

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Hoggy110, Dec 16, 2014.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    How is Leo's Fortune?

2. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I think if you have an iPad and don't mind paying its an awesome experience!
    Haven't played Defenders yet!

3. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    It is really great game. Collecting you lost treasure in a level based system and find the thief. It's really good and visually beautiful. Sorry can't remember a similar game at the moment!

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks Hoggy.
    Have a good holidays:)

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Thanks. How about Terraria?

6. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I just got terraria and even though i never liked minecraft, i can see myself liking the 2d style of this. I see it as a crafting metroidvania, although as i just passed the tutorial, i could be wrong,,

Also on sale: chinatown wars, FTL, for anyone interested. And spiderman 2 looks great for a buck. I don't get why they critisise it for iaps in the costumes, when Kingdom rush does the same 3 games in...

7. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    #127 rdmd, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    I bought spiderman 2 and trust me it is NOT worth a buck my friend, bosses will force you to buy iap, it is intended to do that. I love challenging games but this is just a gimmick to get you to buy iap.

GTA Chinatown wars is on sale for 2.99, great deal for it. Anyone know how much tax does Canadian appstore charge? I have 3.12 on my account and thought it would be enough, feeling bummed :(

edit: checked my account, I have 3.12 dollars.

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Is Amazing Spiderman 2 worth my buck? I'm leery of Gameloft titles these days.

Nevermind, rdmd answered my question before I could type it. Thank you sir.

9. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Surgeon simulator is one buck too.

10. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I would say spiderman is worth it,if the iaps are cosmetic only, but rmd says they force you to get them to beat bosses. Frankly, with gameloft it wouldnt surprise me. I gave them a buck because ive been playing unlimited spidey for days now completely free, so i thought i could throw a buck and try another spidey game.. Will let you know after a boss if anything changed.

11. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I didn't find the bosses in TASM2 hard at all. Bit sloppy/hastily designed? Yes, but not too difficult if you spend your money in the upgrade tree wisely (read: attack/defense upgrades). It's a fun sandboxer, with an occasionally very low frame-rate. I still dig dipping in for the occasional swing.

12. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    According to the main thread for The Silent Age, the IAP for Episode 2 is reduced. Not sure of the new price.

13. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    I have upgraded my attack stat to maximum. I don't know if you finished the game Sinagog but at Craven level it was unbearable for me(reviews on the appstore say that too) it is because they want you to swipe to dodge at a really fast level. Each to his own tho, I have to say the missions get really repetitive and you will have to grind to get your stats maxed up. Other than that swinging around is fun I have to say that. So CygnetSeven all have different opinions man, I suggest you read TA's review, expect some grinding and at boss battle times a hard game(for some) but only because of the controls(swiping).

14. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    After facing electro, i can DEFINITELY say that no, gameloft did a DISGUSTING job on spiderman 2.

If you lose on the boss ( i lost to see what happens) you can either use a Revive for which you pay real money. Or you can start the boss fight again, but get this, with 20% OF YOUR HEALTH!!! OR, you can wait an hour for your health to replenish before trying the boss, without being able to play any other missions. I will post this also at the game thread, this is disgusting...

15. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    I posted in the game thread forgot to post here. According to dev tweet it's on sale for 2.99$ down from 4.99$.

16. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #136 klink, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  17. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars down from $4.99 to $2.99. They just added Retina and widescreen support, MFi controller support and made it universal too. Make sure you get the version I linked, as the old iPad version is also on sale but will be pulled from the store soon.

18. vahramas

vahramas Active Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Waiting for XCOM: Enemy Within, BattleLore Command and Crystal Siege to drop, got my finger on the buy button.

19. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Playing Gameloft games is waste of time, I can tell you that by experience, my OPINION!

20. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Dashing thru the snow
    in a one Beat Hazard Ultra sleigh⛄️
    Down to a buck