Emoji Emoticons -- $0.99!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by superbad, Jan 24, 2009.

1. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    No need to jailbreak now... just buy this app:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?id=290116590

1. Buy go.tagjag.com/emoji in iTunes (.99c)
    2. Install and click through any story in the app.
    3. Go navigate through the iPhone’s Settings: General | International | Keyboards | Japanese | toggle Emoji to on
    4. SMS emoji graphics to anyone else who uses an iPhone - just click the globe symbol that should now appear in the SMS keyboard!

thanks CHRIS Pirillo!!

2. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    #2 MaskU2See, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
    WOW

Great news!

Thank you!

I guess i have to downloaded it from the computer, i tried the link on my iphone and its say can't dowbload

3. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    #3 MaskU2See, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
    Got it to work, but it was pure luck.

Now trying to get it to work on wifes' iPhone with no luck.

4. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm not having any joy either.

I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I'm in Australia and the app doesn't show any english when I open it. Just Japanese. As well as doing something with the settings is there something I need to do within the app itself?

5. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    No your doing it right, just click on some stories and "read" as you would, click back and open a few... Exit the app and check your keyboard language settings, Japanese/Emoji should show up

6. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
  7. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah I saw that thread as well. I tried viewing the video but it just causes my web browser on my PC to shut! I tried using IE and Safari with the same result. I posted in this thread because it had a more recent post and that poster was also having problems getting it to work on his wife's iphone.

I must admit that I really only want this so I can "show off" in my Distant Shores messages!! Petty and juvenile of me really! :D

8. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    All this talk about Distant Shores...maybe I should get it - I feel left out :(.
    :D

9. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm addicted. I think I like it so much because I can be serious, sad, funny, wacky, off the wall or I can troll and it is all anonymous. Walking on the beach and listening to the waves is also relaxing.

10. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Doesn't work with 2.2.1 firmware!

I still can't get this to work. I've tried everything bar standing on my head!

So I did a google search. It's being reported that this doesn't work if you install this app AFTER you have updated to firmware 2.2.1. It will still work if you installed it prior to updating the firmware.

Apparantly the dev is trying to work out a resolution.

I found this quote in the comments for an article on how to use this app to get the Emoji working:
    --> No longer works under 2.2.1. Why, Apple, why?
    --> SCOTT'S REPLY: That's actually not Apple. According to the Frosty Place site there's some sort of incompatibility they are working to address in 2.2.1 and will have an update available soon.

So if you installed this app after you updated to firmware 2.2.1 don't waste your time trying to get it to work. And if you now want Emoji and you have firmware 2.2.1 installed then hold onto your $0.99 until a resolution is found (if ever).