Universal Ember (by 505 Games (US), Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    Fantastic game right here. Made sure to rate it well on the App Store as well because truely this game is NOT a 2.5.

Anyone reading this thread... play it. You won't regret it. The graphics and gameplay are awesome. Reminds me of pillars of eternity.

Great job devs!

2. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    #142 eugenemcardle, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    Best game on iOS at the moment, game play is fluid, graphics are awesome and sound track is excellent. Perfect for mobile on iPad Air 2 as game can be saved at any time. This is an awesome RPG.

NOTE THE UPDATE IS LIVE AND IS MEANT TO FIX PROBLEM WITH IPAD PRO.
    I have had NO problems on iPad Air 2 with IOS 10.0.01 or whatever the latest is.

3. ERA101

ERA101 New Member

Oct 24, 2015
  4. Nut

Nut Active Member

Jun 24, 2015
    First play of few mins left really good impression. Ok, that's more than half hour to be honest but I wonder how this game work on smaller screen. I meant I played it on 6S plus but the text proved tiny to my eyes... bet will be very fun on iPad.

5. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Though I read a lot of the posts on Toucharcade, I haven't been commenting, even though I've picked up a few nice games through this site.
    I have an iPad air on ios 10 and thought the update wouldnt do anything. It did. Though I've not had time to play yet, I had noticed the introduction video was cutting out previously. Wasnt a big deal? Well, I was wrong, it was.

I was missing about 2/3 of that vid. Beautiful introduction and it gave me a feeling of awe I've never felt with any ipad game.

I'd not seen anyone else mention that bug, but anyway it's fixed with the update.
    I uninstalled the game first, then uploaded it fully. The update was almost as big as the full game anyway.

Thank you to the developers! From what I've been reading, this is a game I can sink my teeth into. And the artwork and music...WOW. Even that first pic with EMBER sprawled across the scene made me grin.

6. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Thank you!

7. hizaira

hizaira New Member

Oct 27, 2012
    bedroll

For bedroll, just hit the small icon on bottom right which shows day or night and gives you option to sleep

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Is it just me or does this game rank up the difficulty rather unexpectedly?
    Been playing in Hard difficulty since the beginning and am now at level 4 and gosh!.....I am unable to beat most mobs whereas before I was walking over them.
    I lowered the difficulty to normal but still was handed my arse on a plate.
    So I wimped out and went to easy mode. Same thing.

I decided to stop following the main quest ( I think that could well be my problem) and try some exploring and found quite a lot new areas.
    From what I am discovering it seems that a lot relies on your ability to craft weapons and armour.
    Because when I craft something the item that is produced is one level above my capability to wear but it has a stack load of buffs and stat increases.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining at all. I like a challenge and I think with some grinding I will get my characters up to speed.
    But I have two questions.

1. Do the enemies scale to your level?
    2. Has anyone else noticed a difficulty spike around character level 4?

I am enjoying this game even with the difficulty problem I am having.
    It is a welcome surprise to the App store and it deserves to have a lot of success.

A side note;
    One thing I think could be improved on is the main map. I would like to see the whole world as well as the current area when I tap on the map icon.
    It was good to see the whole world map in the beginning of the game but now I have explored more, when I enter a new area I only get a map of that area.
    So I have no idea where in the game world I am.

9. hizaira

hizaira New Member

Oct 27, 2012
    You guys made an awesome game thanks! And thanks for quick patch works great!

10. eugenemcardle

May 21, 2013
    I believe that if you do as you suggest you rest till morning but no XP boost. If you select bedroll from the inventory then you rest for eight hours whenever you like plus you get an XP BOOST.

11. eugenemcardle

May 21, 2013
    Select map, then choose Quest. This then shows whole world.

12. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #152 stubbieoz, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    This is good. Will give it a go with my Steam game tonight.
    edit;
    which brings me to the question....
    ....where is my Steam version of Ember save files?
    I have windows 7.
    thanks.

13. Nut

Nut Active Member

Jun 24, 2015

Find the iOS save file, check the name/file type and do a search on your PC?

14. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    i'm definitely buying this game, but i can't decide to purchase for my Ipad Pro or for PC. Has anyone played it for both? I wasn't found of playing Baldur's Gate on my Ipad air tho.

15. Skinypupy

Skinypupy Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    I really like what I see so far. I've been playing Icewind Dale on iPad, and this feels like it a similar vibe but will be a nice change of pace.

I did run into what seems like a fairly significant bug, however. I picked up a unique sword in the opening area which grants a "double strike" skill (the one in the chest right by the skills tutorial pedestal). I equip the sword. I click on the sword in my character sheet to see it's stats. The weapon proceeds to unequip itself...and disappears. It's not back in my inventory, it's not on the ground, it's not back in the chest, and it's not equipped on my character. I spent 15 minutes looking everywhere for it, and come up empty. Decide just to move on.

I proceed to the first boss battle. The huge, glowing hint outside the door of the boss battle is "Be sure to use your 'double strike' skill because it does significantly more damage". You know, that skill I can't use because my weapon is now gone. I got past it, but am a bit concerned about my gear disappearing again. Anyone else had this happen?

16. SufferinPup

SufferinPup Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    We've never seen this bug in the many months of beta testing! If you tap a weapon on the character sheet it is just supposed to bring up an info box about the weapon. Were you able to equip some other weapon in the slot normally? Or was the weapon still there, just invisible? Losing that weapon isn't that big a deal, you get many more, but I'm really curious how the bug happened.

About the difficulty, we balanced the game assuming you would do a lot of exploring. So if you just do main story quests it will be very challenging, but if you do the side quests and explore a bit you should be fine. What equipment you are wearing matters a lot too, and the best way to get equipment is to look around in all the little out of the way areas.

17. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    The interface for this is much better than Baldur's Gate (of course, the gameplay is more streamlined too).

I haven't played the PC version and with that also just having been released last week, I doubt anyone else would have double dipped already.

I'd base the decision purely on whether you want it on the go. The UI is perfectly fine on mobile IMO so don't think there's a sacrifice there.

18. Kwadius

Kwadius Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    This game reminds me of Titan Quest but way better. It's much more detailed. Wish it had a better tutorial. Looks awesome and runs smooth on iPad Air 2. Looking forward to wasting more hours of my life trying to figure things out lol

19. Skinypupy

Skinypupy Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    I could equip another weapon, but the unique was was simply gone. Is there a "trash" function that maybe I somehow activated as I was trying to check the stats?

20. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Thank you for your response. I just pull the trigger on the Ipad verison