Universal Ember (by 505 Games (US), Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Nut

Nut Active Member

Jun 24, 2015
    6s+ on iOS 10.0.1, crashed on start. Wasted my coin but hope the dev can fix this soon. I have high hope on this one.

2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Mine is working. I am on iOS 10

3. pkmvancouver

pkmvancouver Guest

4. BlackEyedGamer

BlackEyedGamer Active Member

Sep 15, 2016
    iPhone 6 Plus (128Gb - white) here on the latest OS. No crashing here.

Now I have a conflict of interests as I have both on my device; this and Titan Quest. Damn... ;-)

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
  6. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    what an epic game

i was looking for a succesor to titans quest and this fits the bill perfectly! runs flawless on air 2 ios 10.0.1

7. SufferinPup

SufferinPup Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Your Questions Answered!

Hey folks, I'm one of the devs and I'm here to answer questions!

First about the crash - this is specific to iPad Pro and I think 6s running iOS 10. There is a patch in Apple review now that solves it, version 1.03. Hopefully it'll get approved today or tomorrow. Sorry for not getting the patch out before iOS 10, but with the game releasing one day after iOS 10 that made the timing tricky.

Loot in treasure chests is semi-random, so if you play the game again (or even reload a save!) you may get something different. It depends on the chests, some have set loot, but most is random. Enemies are not random, but that stuff is junk you should just be selling anyway. :)

The game was developed simultaneously for PC and iOS. It was fully playable on both platforms throughout development. The only difference between the two is the UI, I think we did a pretty good job of making a complex RPG work on touch screens! So really, just pick whatever platform you prefer playing a game like this on and go for it. You can't go wrong. :)

8. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Just saw a post by the dev on the TA article on the New and Reviews section that a fix is coming

9. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Thanks for the reply. Can't wait for the patch so I can load this up on my 12.9 pro! Was watching YouTube clips the game looks great

10. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    So there's a fix coming, will buy this game now.

11. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    I really like this game. Glad I bought it! And gotta support premium titles!!
    Good job devs!

12. Thorster

Thorster Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Germany
    Splendid thanks for the news, mate. :)

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    *honk honk* Hey, it's you folks, you are still alive and kicking!
    So that's where you went off to so quietly after doing Metal Brigade Tactics... I was still running around with the Sheinfell username on the MBT forum back then. Is Liza still around as well?

That's pretty much an instant buy for me, I trust you that this is the same quality MBT was.

14. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Can anyone share if this game plays well on the iPhone 6 in terms of screen size? Titan Quest had pinch to zoom which was cool, but awkward. Dungeon Hunter found a good balance between screen size and playability.

15. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I was about to buy then I saw it had crash issues on my device but when the update drops I am all in
    Hate that happened for the dev I know it's tough to overcome that kind of thing but you have my support 100%
    Game looks incredible and I have watched some play through videos as well
    Hopefully after overcoming this hiccup things will be up and up

16. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    This game is fantastic. I loved pillars of eternity on PC and this is similar. Best ios surprise in a long time, incredible game so far.

17. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks for joining us here! Awesome game!

Any chance of iCloud support being added?

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    You had me do that for nothing! Lol just playing.

19. calabash11

calabash11 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Is the player character preset, or can we name ourselves & design our own appearance, stats, etc? How about NPCs?

20. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    You can rename the character but it is gender neutral, similar to Darth Revan's look in KOTOR. I haven't seen the option to rename party members, they have specific personalities.

From what I can see, character weapons and shields match what is equipped, but armor doesn't seem to change. I'm still early in the game, though.