Universal Ember (by 505 Games (US), Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 14, 2016.

1. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Sort of, less complicated, at least early on, than Baulders gate. I've found a lot of the same loot repeated so far, so not sure that it's random. Weapons and armor give the wearer abilities (spells). So it may be predefined. Combat, when paused, reminds me some of the tactical view in Dragon Age Origins, if you've played that. Pause, make decision execute, pause etc.. Can be played real time as well.

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Needed to hear that I'm on the same setup so. Ow going to get 100%
    This looks really good and like many have said I had no idea it was coming out and never heard of it but to me personally it looks like it's better than titan quest which i do own but not crazy about anymore

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Sounds good thanks man!

4. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    You can add/change abilities of armor and weapons with runes. Very cool.

5. cthulhufan

cthulhufan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    Right, same experience here. Lots of trash loot that is mostly the same for junking at vendors. You'll go from finding "crude copper sword of ${X}" to "fine iron sword of ${X}" and so forth... and all have the same stat bonuses and gold value. There are named items that are superior. Crafting is fun. Sort of feels like Baldur's Gate meets Torchlight although that's not quite right...

It is a fun real time with pause RPG with lots of TLC put into it and I'm glad to be playing it on PC and it's surely worth the price on mobile.

6. Atrament

Atrament Member

May 19, 2016
    PDX
    #46 Atrament, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    Running an iPad Pro 9.7 (edit: running iOS 10) and crashes during the intro screen. Only app running, restarted ipad and reinstalled App. No luck. Very excited to play the game, so hopefully they will have a patch out rapidly.

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Ok with that I am buying it!

8. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    The intro video can be skipped by keeping your finger pressed on the screen for a few seconds during the video.

9. pkmvancouver

pkmvancouver Guest

#49 pkmvancouver, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016
    Still crashes when I try that.

I've submitted a support ticket with 505games in regards to this.

10. Atrament

Atrament Member

May 19, 2016
    PDX
    Same here. Also, just to clarify: the crash occurs after starting a new game - not during the studio title intro before the main menu. The game does work on my iPhone 6 (OS 10)... but I prefer to play games like this on my iPad.

11. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the check in with this. Will have to wait until its fixed i guess.

12. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I was referring to the New Game video in my comment, not the studio title intro. I haven't had a problem with any crashing, I just wasn't sure if skipping that video might help those that did.

13. Atrament

Atrament Member

May 19, 2016
    PDX
    Yep, I knew what you meant but realized I was initially vague. Hopefully, the crash can be sorted soon. Cheers.

14. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Bought the Steam version a few days ago and I was really enjoying it.
    When I saw it on iOS it was an immediate buy as my iPad is fast becoming my preferred gaming device.

Great action rpg with pause combat that works real well.
    Controls are excellent for a touch screen.
    Looks absolutely fantastic on an iPad Pro 12.9" and works a treat on iOS 9.3.3.

I contacted the developers and asked about iCloud support. It is not implemented yet but they have said they will look into it. Hopefully the news will be positive as I would love to continue playing a saved game between iOS and my pc.

15. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Cross between platforms would have to be something other than iCloud, since this only work for iOS devices.

For that, they have to implement cross-save system.

16. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Well, this was unexpected. I'm a simple man though, I read "classic style rpg", I see isometric view, I purchase. Pretty cool game with plenty of loot and what appears to be a cool story. Running perfectly on my mini 2 with iOS 9.3.5, and no crashes in about an hour of playtime. Definitely recommend to fans of the genre.

17. pkmvancouver

pkmvancouver Guest

Just to verify I restored my iPad Pro 12.9 back to iOS 9.3.5 and can say the game works fine. iOS 10 is the issue.

18. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Weird. I'm on iOS 10 and zero issues. Must be device and iOS specific.

19. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    My bad.
    I meant Cloud save, not iCloud.
    Crashlands, for example, does this.

And speaking of saves I meant to mention that Ember has a great save system. You can save your game at any time and you will return to that exact same spot. You can also have multiple saved games.

20. spsummer

spsummer Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    How are the controls? Virtual D-Pad or touch/drag scheme. Thanks in advance.