Universal Ember (by 505 Games (US), Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 14, 2016.

1. TheJoey4

TheJoey4 Active Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Word

2. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah it's my obsession to finish this before moving on to all the other awesome stuff that has come out since. Un/fortunately I'm now at the Goddess battle.

3. errmagerd

errmagerd New Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Also stuck at the goddess. Any hint is appreciated, thank you!

4. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I beatt her last night after 3 tries. One hint is to mind the shields that are powered from the corners.

5. cerberusss

cerberusss Active Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Found some... East of the City of Light, there is the Smugglers Cave. It has a number of coal deposits.

6. errmagerd

errmagerd New Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Thanks a lot! With that hint I made it in first try. :)

7. cerberusss

cerberusss Active Member

Aug 2, 2013
    At level 16, I'm having trouble beating the necromancer in the bog. Avoiding the insta-death spell is no problem, but my thief is getting slammed by the necromancer's spells. I've got a "lesser ironskin potion" that I use, but is there a better version of it? If so, where can I get it?

Any other tips?

8. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Ironskin potions were definitely key. I believe I bought some in the southwest town (Luminance was it?) basically right where you warp in.

Not sure if this made a difference but I concentrated on killing weakest to strongest.

OH... and if you didn't catch the earlier dev tip, be absolutely sure that no one is standing on the white circle the necromancer creates. That thing will destroy you.

9. piraterob

piraterob Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Just got my 7 Plus and very tempted to try this. I was a huge Baldur's Gate fan back in the day. Is it playable on a 7 Plus or is this really iPad only?

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I've got it on my iPhone 6 and iPad Pro, and it's definitely easier for me to read on the iPad. BUT, that being said, it's still totally playable on my smaller phone. I'd imagine on a Plus it should be playable.

11. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    In 7 plus I believe you will not have a problem. I have iPhone 6 and yes, there are times that it's difficult to read. The developers also said that they will bring an update that will enlarge the small text, especially for the phones. I'm waiting for it !

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I think I'll seriously consider buying this once they make an update for the text sizing. That something I've been looking out for.

13. SufferinPup

SufferinPup Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Yep we're still working on a patch to increase text size for books and dialog on phones, and make the response choices in dialog further apart/easier to tap. Coming soon!

14. cerberusss

cerberusss Active Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Anyone knows where I can get the recipe for mithril ingots?

15. vladswe

vladswe Active Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Havent't found a recipe, but just stick one ore into the forge and you should get an ingot.

16. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Finally cleared enough space on my phone to play this. Loving it though admittedly much harder than I thought(playing on normal). You can quite easily get your ass handed to you by simple mobs. Look forward to playing this one through. Great work devs!

17. cerberusss

cerberusss Active Member

Aug 2, 2013
    #457 cerberusss, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Thanks, that worked!

18. cerberusss

cerberusss Active Member

Aug 2, 2013
    A couple of tips/strategies I've been able to gather:
    * Pause the game often, then use spells/abilities simultaneously. You get combo damage that way.
    * Sometimes, you can lure parts of a mob away. Walk up to them and when they notice you, run away. Sometimes, half of the group will retreat back to their original position and that's when you pounce.
    * There are ranged spells that work on an area. You can creep up on a mob, but remain at a certain distance. Then you can soften them up with the ranged area spell. Usually that's the sign for them to attack. But sometimes, they don't see you and you can cast multiple times.
    * Make Coren a tank; obviously buy the best armor. But also, forego on a two-handed weapon and get him a shield. Then let the other two party members fire ranged weapons/spells.
    * Make sure everyone has good helmets in addition to good shields.

Others please chime in!

19. cerberusss

cerberusss Active Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Does anyone know what you can craft with Black Dahlia?

20. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Thanks Cerberuss, I'll take that advice on board. I'm super low level so not got the chance to do combos etc yet. Was going to turn Coren into a ranged fighter but may respec to tank.