Universal Ember (by 505 Games (US), Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 14, 2016.

1. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    Sorry I meant stubbie

2. Joeschmoe

Joeschmoe Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    I'm loving this game but I seem to have missed something important and I can't figure it out. In the quest "cleanse the barrows" I'm supposed to put colored embers on the altar of the same color. I'm at the blue altar but it won't let me pick up the blue ember. Do I need to find a lantern for it like the temple dudes told me? I looked all over that level of the barrows and didn't find a lantern. Hints?

3. spsummer

spsummer Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    If I remember correctly, stand near the ember, "drag" it over to the altar until the hand symbol changes colors (blue or green?) then drop it on the altar.

4. Joeschmoe

Joeschmoe Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Omg, I knew it had to be something simple! Thank you, that was it!

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Am I just way outleveled by the Illuminated One (sword quest, after you light the four colored torch things) or is there some trick to his badass self healing power? My characters are at 16-17.

6. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Just beat the game. Got my chars to about 24 and dumped about 27 total hours into it. Definitely well worth the price. Kind of actually didn't wholly expect the ending truth be told, but I liked it. Threw a lovely curveball there.

10/10.

Out of curiosity, is there plans for future content/DLC/etc? Not that I'm not satisfied with what I still have left I can play and reroll and such, nor am at ALL expecting anything like that anytime soon, but I kind of want to know what happens post-end game story-wise, or if there will ever be anything hahaha. I have questions, damnit! :3

7. cerberusss

cerberusss Active Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Quest: "the postmaster only dies once"

I'm on my way to the Bog of Souls however I noticed that I still have some quests open.

One of them is "the postmaster only dies once". You need to deliver four letters and the one remaining is to deliver the letter to Matilda the Maid. Anyone know where she is located?

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    If you open the world map you should have a pointer showing you where your quest objectives are.

9. cerberusss

cerberusss Active Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Found it, thanks. I'd already checked this map but this time, tapped on each of the quest markers and then found it. It's in Pinnacle but I can't get there yet. So it's logical that the quest isn't finished yet.

Thanks!

10. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Right. That quest takes forever to finish.

11. SufferinPup

SufferinPup Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    We'd LOVE to do more, but no plans set in stone as of right now. We've had a lot of discussions about what we'd do tho. A sequel after that crazy ending would be great, but also a prequel during the time of the Lightbringers could be really cool as well. A lot of options. :)

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Pup: Personally, I'd love to see a bunch of normal people - or heck, Goblins! - just try to survive during the Wars.
    No High Fantasy Heroes, but ugly grit in the trenches, so to speak.

13. cerberusss

cerberusss Active Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Does anyone know the use of the following items?
    Blue/yellow sack
    Ember essence
    Tainted ember

14. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    the sacks are to keep extra items from your inventory in. think of it as an expanded inventory slot

15. cerberusss

cerberusss Active Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Ah thanks a lot!

16. cerberusss

cerberusss Active Member

Aug 2, 2013
    I'm getting the hang of the crafting thing... I needed coal and bought some from Elias the Blacksmith in the City of Light. However I've used up what little supplies he had. So where can I get more coal?

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You can mine it like you mine iron etc, also some other blacksmiths sell it too. I can't remember which area coal spawns in though...

18. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    And then how do ores convert to ingots?

19. cerberusss

cerberusss Active Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Go to the blacksmith in the City of Light. There you get the recipe for the bronze/iron/silver ingots. The only ingredient is ore. You convert them right there on the anvil.

If anyone has the source of coal, it'd be appreciated.

20. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Nice. Not sure how I missed that. Thanks.

Darn. I just got coal but can't remember where. Maybe Shepherd Plains...? I'll let you know if I see it again soon.