Universal Ember (by 505 Games (US), Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 14, 2016.

1. SufferinPup

SufferinPup Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    As of iOS 7.1 all updates are incremental, but the size of the download depends on how much has changed from the previous version. Sadly I don't see any way to see the download size of the update so I can't really say how big it ended up being (Apple generates the patches on their servers). It downloaded quite fast on my devices, though, so I'd assume it is fairly small.

2. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    Thank you for the continuous communication and updates. That's much appreciated by the community.

I really hope that you're considering implementing cloud sync for a future patch, as many others have been mentioning that's a major feature in this kind of games.

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Well, I have over a gig of space on my device and it won't update due to size so it can't be that small.

Might wait until the text update before trying to delete things or using iTunes to update.

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Ridiculously in love with this game. Well worth the price of admission. Haven't gotten this deep into an iOS RPG (especially a good paid one...) in a long time. The detail, the effects, the story and the combat are all very satisfying and while I definitely could complain about the size of things even on an iPhone 6S Plus, it's really not /that/ much of a problem and worth a couple extra taps here and there ;)

All in all I'm really happy with this, and stoked to keep going with the story. Have dumped about 12 hours into it so far ^___^

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Every year, at the beginning of Autumn, I'm looking for a good RPG-like game that has really good Autumnal atmosphere. In the past, Horn fit the bill, as well as Costume Quest. In fact, I usually play one of the Costume Quest games in October. Anyway, this year, Ember looked like it may quench that thirst. And I figured I'd better start playing it now before Dragon Quest VII is released on the US App Store. So, I just purchased Ember. And I'm looking forward to diving in tonight in between gigs.

I'm super thankful we can still get these beautiful, fully premium experiences on mobile. Being my platform of choice, I hope Ember succeeds on the App Store. If I finish it before Winter, I may give Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons a try as well. I'm only bummed that I can't buy it on Steam for my Mac as well. Any chance we'll see a Mac version? And is it a lot of work to get an OS X version out there even after coding it for iOS?

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Wow. Just wow. This is an awesome experience, being only an hour in so far. Also, I'm so thankful I can save anywhere and that it has such a robust auto save system. It takes a few taps for me to pick up everything on my iPhone, but it's also going to be that much sweeter when I get a new iPad to start it all over again!

7. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    It is quite large, it's taking a while to download for me.

8. JhakJhak

JhakJhak New Member

Sep 15, 2015
    I seem to be bugged

Hey guys, great game, having a ball.
    My first play through I basically got to the city of light and then decided I wanted to reroll with all my new knowledge (started a ranged characted and couldnt be happier)
    However now I am in the Goblin library and 1) I can't find the cook book no matter how long I spend in there and 2) I cannot get the merchant to move away from the chest and I have spoken to everyone like... 100 times!!!

I think I am bugged since the last update... can someone help me please?

9. SufferinPup

Jan 5, 2011
    As long as you are on the quest Anarchy in the Library and you walk near the merchant he will start moving around a bit, might have to wait a while for him to start doing his scavenging tho.

The cookbook is in the hallway where the corrupted deer are, it can be hard to see with all the other junk in there. :)

10. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    I'm glad you remembered where it was. I walked around that library so many times I've forgotten where I found things.
    Is there a way to stir up the goblins doing their aerobics, around where all the gold bars are found? I was feeling greedy and wouldve loved to have a battle even if I died. The goblin king and the couple of bouncers were all Ive so far managed to fight.

I'm doing this slowly, started playing infinite tanks too (some great game recommendations in here as always) but I'm having a blast.
    I think I read in the first pages that this is a two person team? If so, that makes the quality of this game even more incredible.

11. SufferinPup

Jan 5, 2011
    Hah no, we originally planned on making it so you could make the whole library go against you but the scripting with the main quest was just too difficult. :)

Oh no, a lot of people worked on Ember, artists, designers, audio, music, etc. Only two programmers, though.

12. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #412 houseofg, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    I don't think anyone ever answered this and I'm having the same problem. Shouldn't she be in Radiance?

Edit: Okay yes, found her in Radiance where she originally was, left of the main temple/library area.

13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    And just to further clarify, the entrance to the main temple in Radiance is shown on your map where the merchant icon is.
    Also that is where Coren and Zannon will also be found.

(Would have been nice to have some sort of icon appear on your map for that house, for people who forget such details...like me).

14. projectmoonlightcafe

projectmoonlightcafe Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    So....great game....but after playing it for several hours (maybe 5?), I am still in the first few areas, Barrows, Darkwood, Radiance....is it me or are the monsters supposed to be that hard? I am still in level 5.

15. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I found the same thing and thought the difficulty ramped up heaps when I got to around level four or five.
    But then I concentrated more on side quests and travelled to other areas that were available and all fell into place.
    Sticking too close to the main quest early on was my main fault.

Also, there is no shame with playing on casual difficulty. #
    I have found that this game can be brutal on higher difficulties at some stages.

16. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I thought there was a spike in difficulty around that level, I'm glad it wasn't just me. Don't worry it does get more manageable later on!

17. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Completely agree.

18. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Does anyone know where I can purchase Scarlett Sage? I am around level 17 and I almost could have sworn I've seen someone sell them before (not have to farm for them) but I simply can't remember x.x help.

19. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Nvm; found. He's in Radiance at the Alchemy station XD

Carry on.

20. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    Awesome, thanks for the reply stubble!