Universal Ember (by 505 Games (US), Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Not sure what Im doing wrong but Im at the barrows to get the ember for Talara.
    I went to the top little chamber and collected the ember lantern, which is now in my inventory, yet every time I walk out of that chamber, the green main quest arrow stays there.
    All I can still see in that chamber are the two empty crypts.
    I cant find the ember near that lower crypt anymore. There is no button with the lantern in my inventory to do anything. What am I missing?

2. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    Also the main quest in the book where it says find Fias lantern, I think that was it, that's still unchecked.

3. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    Ok. I figured it out. I was too focused on that quest arrow. And Im sure the ember moved.

4. SufferinPup

SufferinPup Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Quick note, we have a patch in testing now to fix two of the most common issues users are experiencing: Fia not being in her chamber, and Gia not making the Bog of Souls potion. Both issues are rare, but when they do happen it sucks. :)

So to those affected by these things look for a patch in the next day or two. Simply updating your game and loading your save will automatically fix the issue and you can continue on with the main quest.

5. TheJoey4

TheJoey4 Active Member

Jan 30, 2013
    This is top 2 or 3 best ios games Ive ever played. Must buy!

6. spsummer

spsummer Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Just finished the game, great ending(s). Loved the control scheme. Hope there is a chance of some sort of expansion quests in the future. Highly recommended game!

7. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    about how many hours does it take?

8. spsummer

spsummer Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    #388 spsummer, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Looking at my save file it was just over 20 hours. But, I tried to do all the quests I could, taking my time, and I did die several times early on.

9. imbaneski

imbaneski New Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Saving system.

Guys, I recently bought this game an hour ago, the game play is nice. reminds of Diablo 2, baldurs gate and many more classic RPG games. I'm just wondering if how the save system works. What if I accidentaly restore my device and delete every file, will I still be able to retrieve my progress when I re-install Emeber on my newly formatted device?

10. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    I've finished the game too, a bit over 17 hours of playing, and I have not enough praise for it.
    The only thing that really sucks is the fact that this game isn't anywhere in AppStore first page, so people to find it. I was lucky enough to be part of this great community to know about it, otherwise I wouldn't have any idea about this gem.
    A strong contender for game of the year IMO

11. Mrtanner69

Mrtanner69 Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Great game

Also just finished. Awesome. Only knock, for all the great locations and superb skill/itemization, it is a bit side quest light. Could really use a couple of innocuous beginnings quests that turn out to be many parters and reward a great item. I thought the dragon quest was going to be that quest....

12. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The save files are accessible via file sharing in iTunes.
    You can copy the documents from there and save them on your pc.
    Then replace them back to your newly installed game.
    All progress is saved.
    You can even use those save files in the Steam version if you have that as well.

13. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Next to Hero Emblems best iOS game I'ver ever played (my playthrough was 40 hours!)

Pity this doesn't seem to gain more traction outside of the TA community. At least in my country I not once saw it on the start site of the App Store. Ember would deserve so much more attention (and sales - On iOS and Steam).

Alone for encouraging other devs to make similar (absolutely premium) premium RPG experiences for iOS.

14. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Does this support cloud saves so I can play it on iPhone and ipad without different saves??

I don't have or want to install iTunes for managing saves.

15. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    That has been asked about a million times already. Read the posts.

16. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    No sadly not.

I don't have the space on iPad to keep a game of this size installed once I've finished it, so I hope that any expansion that is released uses new characters or something rather than using an existing save...

Amazing game though, 9.5/10. Would be 10/10 if it had cloud saves :)

17. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    New update but unfortunately doesn't enlarge the text on iphones that we were waiting for it... :-( Some other bug fixes.

18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Are the Ember updates incremental? I know some apps have been able to just "patch" the current code rather than needing the same amount of room
    as a new install.

If it isn't incremental, that'a yet another reason we really need iCloud (yes I know we can use iTunes but it's a bit of a pain in the ass).

19. SufferinPup

SufferinPup Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    I can confirm that the next patch will have larger dialog and book text. Phone users can finally put away their magnifying glasses. :) I can't give a timeframe since it will require a ton of testing, my guess would be a few weeks.

And before anyone asks about any other features, I don't want to confirm anything until I know for sure it will be coming. But know that we hear you. :)

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Good to hear about the text. Can you answer my question above about how Ember is updated (complete install vs incremental patches)?