Universal Ember (by 505 Games (US), Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 14, 2016.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #361 stubbieoz, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    You wont have time for the others.....this will take all your time. #

Oh and welcome to the world of iPad gaming. #
    Depending on your preference of gaming there are heaps of games in the strategy, tactical turn based as well as action rpgs, rogue likes and such available on iOS.
    A lot are offline and premium (you will soon learn to avoid those iap shenanigans).

2. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    There are amulets that give you more energy and help you regain energy at the beginning of fights, or when you kill an enemy, etc.

If you are crafting gear for yourself especially, you should be able to go several fights before resting.

On another note, the battle after the white.ember is super intense! Pause often and then you'll see a ring forming around your character...get out of it fast! I am enjoying how strategic some of the big boss battles can be—makes them feel epic!

3. SufferinPup

SufferinPup Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Later in the game you do get some equipment that help recover energy. But even with those a common complaint is a way to replenish energy a bit more easily. We've got a few ideas we're kicking around. Never heard killing cute animals as an option, but it has been added to the list. ;) We can't make energy recovery too easy, otherwise you could just never sleep and have a 100% xp boost at all times. So it is a delicate balance.

Also about the price, I don't have any insight into that area, I'm a programmer and all that stuff is in 505's hands. Did the app description not mention it was a sale price before the change? If not I can let them know that wasn't cool.

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    It mentioned the sale in the App Store description when I bought it.

And that was right after I bought the Steam version.
    The game is simply that good!

5. spsummer

spsummer Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    #365 spsummer, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    Anyone have any tips or ideas on The Necromancer battle, the one where you are trading for the heart? I keep getting instantly one-hit killed by him. Leveled up as a warrior type with plenty of health/vitality and have done all the side quests I could find for the exp. I think my health is a little over 10k. At level 16. Thanks

6. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Yeah, Im still very early in. Just reached Radiance. I thought the game might add more possibilities to do with mana later on, still...I love games where things interconnect and mean something. Having to hunt live animals would be a nice nuance if it could be balanced. I still think getting all your energy /mana and health back after sleeping is too much. If there was some penalty or danger for sleeping, it might work better but nothing attacks you when youre sleeping. If you had to go to certain "safe" areas to sleep, as someone might do when out in the wilds, sure. Like - sleep on hallowed ground or in a hut or Get eaten by a bear and have your entrails used for dental floss.

My only other suggestions is to make map areas paler/ faded out until you walk through them. That way we'd be able to tell where we'd been.

Gave you a five star review anyway. I love the work that's gone into this game. I hope reviews help you sell more.

7. Kasharak

Kasharak New Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Crafting

Hey, I feel very stupid but how the hell do you access the crafting journal? :-/ Thanks

8. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Tried to quote you in the previous reply but I failed. Havent sorted out the buttons here yet!

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    4 and a half star review on front page heck yea! I even left a comment on it too do my part haha.

10. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    @kasharak: recipes are in your journal, look for the tabs on top
    @spsummer: keep your finger near the pause button and an eye out for circles around your characters. Notice especially when the necromancer doesn't do a standard attack or when he taunts you. Pause and move your characters. You'll see the circles o death!

Massive.damage.anyone?

After the city of light the stun and silence skills aren't worth it as bosses are immune. Exploit weakness skills are great though! Pause and line up similtaneous skill attacks to multiply damage. My exploit and find flaw attack has combined at 7000+ damage. Plus, you end up not using as much energy because you kill faster, don't take as much damage, etc.

I wonder if heals can combo...I haven't found a better heal than greater heal, and it's only healing 3500 or so.

Devs, I don't think the energy system is a problem at all, however, intelligence increasing energy 1:1 might be a solid middle ground. I appreciate your vision and savor that it isn't the same as every other game.

One request to put on your radar: a sell all crude material button, and please make it so the sell-all buttons include stuff in bags.

11. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    spoilers: king xaviers son is giving me fits. ive tried to kill him like 10 times now. How do i get corra back in my party after choosing zannon?

12. whodawhanow

whodawhanow Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2010
    The Necromancer fight is giving me fits. Either the Ember Abomination or the Necromancer single shots on character almost every time.

Anybody have any tips?

I am who

13. spsummer

spsummer Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    ***SPOILERS***

How many times do you have to beat the Necromancer? I beat him, get the heart & it won't let me leave saying I'm in combat, then he keeps coming back to life. Is there something else to with the heart or something?

14. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Yeah, that battle seems bugged. I'm having the same issue. It sucks because it's at a choke point in the game where I've completed all available quests and the only progression is through this task. Kinda stuck now. :confused:

15. SufferinPup

SufferinPup Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Strange, the only way he can come back to life is if the White Ember is doing it (he has a spell that brings the Necro back to life). Is the White Ember still alive somewhere? You can't leave their chamber until they are both death, even if you get the heart.

Also to the folks having problem on that fight - the White Ember casts a spell that puts a circle under the feet of one of your party members. It takes 10 seconds to grow, then it will kill the person standing on it. So keep an eye out for the circle and move the party member off it so they don't take any damage.

16. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Awesome, those were the tips I needed! Passed the task easily with that knowledge. Thanks!

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So how long are we talking about to get a patch with a d pad? Just excited about that is why I am asking.

18. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
  19. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    That's helpful, thanks. I am still wondering if there are any secret recipes.

I've found a level 20 sword (quest item) and a level 20 wand, but no level 20 bow—please PM me of you found one or likewise if you are looking for one of those :)

I think I'm close to the end of the game but not sure, it seems like the level 17 equipment is otherwise the highest, and no level 20 armors.

20. marccsantos

marccsantos Member

May 29, 2014
    Since upgrading to 10.0.02, every time I load the game my iPhone goes black and locks up. Am I the only one having this issue? Any advice?