Universal Ember (by 505 Games (US), Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 14, 2016.

1. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

Bug... that's heresey! Lol

Even without that, sleeping just works better until you get better food buffs to me because the skill system is what makes the combat. Regular attacks on hard just take forever.

I have been sending in Lightbringer as a tank with a aoe blade spin. Keep a stun on the other two just in case. Heals on the mage and an aoe if possible. Switched Corren to dex build after I got a great aimed shot bow. It can one shot enemies now. After the beginner hump, I sleep a lot less.

And just walking around killing respawns got me enough gold to not worry about potions.

This really is the best premium title on iOS to me.

I am totally getting the BG vibe when I pop my headphones in. Plus the lore that went into this world is excellent.

2. r10k

r10k Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    #322 r10k, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    Weird, I'm not getting mana regenerating when I sleep...

EDIT: oh wait, yes I am. I just forgot to sleep in a bed :p

As for the magic is rare thought, that would be cool if it didn't take 3 years worth of punches to kill a wolf when low level.

3. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #323 JohnnyClash, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    The longer you can wait to sleep (up to a point), the more XP Boost you will gain from your slumber.

4. SufferinPup

SufferinPup Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Just want to say we're taking notes of everyone's suggestions, I read this thread (and all the ones on Steam's forums and facebook and reddit and everywhere else!) and have a giant list of stuff.

As for the respec cost, it is actually a fairly trivial amount once you get past the first few areas. The reason it is there at all is to make you think twice about respeccing. With how the equipment system works, if respeccing was free you could just adjust your stats to wear every new piece of loot you come across (as long as you are the right level). This slows the game down a lot, as you'd be redoing your points every few minutes. So by putting a small gold fee this makes you think twice, say "hmm well I'll just equip this next level when I get more points" and keeps the game flowing.

Same thing with the XP Boost system, sleeping after every battle is an option to regain your hp and energy, and makes the game a lot easier, but we encourage you to not do that just to keep the game flowing.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone find any cool bow abilities? What about like blizzard for a mage?

6. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #326 Solarclipse, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    I'm noticing that each level of weapons is pretty formulaic—level 13 is coal, iron, ember, and one or two additional items, depending on what you are making. So you can buy one recipe and pretty much figure out much of the rest...which is cool since the light bringer is a master crafter anyway, bit I'm curious about rare recipes.

I'm wondering about the 6000-8500gp rare items in the stores at the city of light—are they craftable? I'vr been pretty thorough and haven't found any recipes for them.

Is there any exp etc bonus for hard? I am playing normal but will probably want to replay it on hard at some point!

7. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Is there any food or drink that replenishes energy? Other than mead/wine etc which regains like 1 energy.

I had multishot on a low level bow, I liked that one. Sadly I haven't found it on a better bow yet.

8. r10k

r10k Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Awesome, thanks for the support!

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Well at least they exist lol. What about any mage abilities like meteor or blizzard that would be awesome!

10. Pyapiopi

Pyapiopi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Any reason I can't buy it? The App Store says it is being modified. How long a process is that usually?

11. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #331 Son of Anarchy, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    Normally that means they're in the middle of changing the price or adding an update. Others reckon it's an AppStore glitch. Either way, there's no set time limit -could be days- just keep trying, you might get lucky.

Edit: There's your answer, price increase.

12. Bethor

Bethor Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Wow, I was going to pull the trigger when I got home but it looks like I get to save money due to them raising the price.

13. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Not sure if this is a bug. When I did the quest where you get Glowy, it disappeared. Is it supposed to be in your inventory? It seemed as if it should be an important item, considering what it's made of.

As far as energy being in short supply, I prefer that to it being as easy to replenish as health. The game becomes more strategic.

Someone mentioned the grizzly in the forest being difficult to defeat. I stood off with distance weapons, ran away a little if it came close, and it never got close enough to do any damage. A concussion/ stun weapon makes that possible.

14. dirtschmooz

dirtschmooz Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2015
    has this got icloud support?

15. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    They did say that the release price was a sale price available only for a limited time.
    It's definately still worth the extra couple of bucks though.

16. BlottoBrah

BlottoBrah Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    US
    Man, the price went up. I was hoping to see more reviews out there before that happened (other than the Gamezebo one).

17. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York

Sadly no. No sync support.

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Here you go:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3912937&postcount=274

That was me. I had Coren as Fighter, and Lightbringer as Mage, both level 2 at that point. Got thoroughly trashed by Mr.Bear ;) When I came by again later, with Corra as well and everyone level 4/5, the bear was a piece of cake.
    I actually liked it, that there's wildlife dangerous to the average traveller.

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    What was the price increase, from 7$ to 10$? Worth every penny, should be at a 20$+ pricepoint in my opinion. Go for it. You could call it a pumped up BGEE, and those 2 clocked in at 20$ each if I remember right.

20. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    You mean besides pages and pages of us glowing about the game right here in this thread?....