Universal Ember (by 505 Games (US), Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Pretty sure that's it. Happened to me with the first amulet I found too. Took me while to figure out where it went ;)
    Maybe switch off the auto-equip, and just move them to the inventory just like everything else?

2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    So I finished a quest and got "Glowy" but not in inventory or anything.... maybe because I am not far in the story. Fia is just in quest inventory in a lantern still.

3. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Nope, that was the first thing I checked.

4. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I'll check again....thanks for the reply.

5. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #265 Saucepolicy, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    Recipes you acquire are placed under the consumables tab in your inventory. There is an equip/use button to the right of them, like most other items. Once you press that button, the recipe should disappear and be added to your recipe list.

I believe "Glowy" shows up in your inventory as "Ember essence," I was confused too but I didn't have that in my inventory before I finished the quest.

6. Saucepolicy

Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    It would be much more efficient to open a support ticket with the developer. They are under no obligation to monitor this forum, and they have their own customer support workflow.

7. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Definetly don't have an ember essence unless I sold it. Which I am positive I didn't. I am assuming thats a crafting mat you can get later.

8. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    When I first started playing this, I could have sworn that items were identified on the screen with the question mark set "on" --- even while you are moving around.

But now they don't appear unless you are right on top of them or you press the question mark button which freezes the game while showing the items.

Am I wrong that it shouldn't be like I stated in my first paragraph? It's rather annoying to have the game paused when you want to see what items are around.

Titan Quest operates the first way (I also like the filters that leave out the junk). Would be nice if it worked the same here.

9. Saucepolicy

Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Go to options and make sure "item names always on" (or something similar) is checked, I don't have my tablet handy to give you the exact name. To my knowledge, the question mark only turns on tool tips for the interface.

That said, the loot text will only appear in a generous radius around your player, not everywhere at once.

10. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    Does someone know the answer to this? Is there any sync?

11. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Currently only through file sharing in iTunes.
    The dev has stated that they may look into some sort of syncing method but it is not easy for them to implement.

12. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Ah, thanks. That worked. I think when I originally was playing it on my mini 2, I must have had that set and forgot to reset it when I moved over to my 6S+.

One thing I'd like to suggest to the dev that is usually typical in almost every RPG I've played, is to make it so that when you click on the mini-map at the bottom of the screen, it should bring up the full map. Minor thing but I keep wanting to do that and it's a little annoying when nothing happens :rolleyes:

13. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York

Oh damn. :( Sync would be a major feature for me.

14. SufferinPup

SufferinPup Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    We actually had it like this but it ended up being annoying because you might want to tap down there to move. So people would be bringing up their map all the time when they just wanted to move toward the lower right. :)

You know tho, having this be an option so people can set it up as they prefer wouldn't be hard. I'll add it to the ye olde "patch wish list".

Also about the "Glowy", this quest ends right there and you don't get an item or anything. This was just an oversight, I'll look into modifying that quest to give you _something_ if you choose to take Glowy for yourself.

15. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks! That would be a good compromise.

16. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Guys a little help?Does it make any difference if my party is mage warrior etc? I am a warrior.

17. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I was just wondering that!

Your third character is clearly a wizard, but then you could respec your characters, make her a warrior or whatever...

I've found a number of secrets hat raise your main characters stats, but none so far that raise intelligence. I'm in the city of light and not sure if there is more main character bonuses that focus on warrior.

This is a replayability issue mostly. It would be fun to try out other paths but not as much if the game really wants you to be a warrior. But For now, I'm just savoring every minute with this game.

18. Saucepolicy

Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    I chose a bow for my weapon and when I met Coren he was spec'ed as a warrior. Perhaps it adapts to your initial choice?

19. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Only via iTunes, so the short answer is no.

But it anyway, it's perfect on the ipad.

20. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Spanish?

Hello, i have a question... the game support Spanish language?
    I love all the impression and I will buy it if support Spanish ^^