Universal Ember (by 505 Games (US), Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 14, 2016.

1. theblackw0lf

theblackw0lf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    #221 theblackw0lf, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Where is that? Can't find it

Edit: oh you meant for the iPhone options. Yea that helps a lot.

Thanks!

2. redsuns

redsuns New Member

Oct 30, 2011
    #222 redsuns, Sep 18, 2016
    Feels like playing a pc quality rpg on the iphone. Very well made.

I'm using an iphone 7 plus ios 10.0.1. No problem.

Font can be abit small especially when reading books/notes. But its easily solve by enabling the zoom function on the iphone. Set it to full screen zoom.

Although i wish there is an option to move the character like a dpad instead of tapping everytime.

Overall an excellent game. /thumbs up.

3. Robulous

Robulous Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012

4. lockecole7

lockecole7 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Sooo I think I'm stuck on the main quest where you have to find the guy in the docks at night. I waited till nighttime and it showed two clickable doors, one queued up the quest line to let me in, the other was the typical one that doesn't let you in. Now I can't seem to get in after clicking the night time one once. Anyone have this problem? Any devs?

Also is there a bank to store gear? More sacks?

5. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #225 Solarclipse, Sep 18, 2016
    I've found one white sack so far. I haven't used it yet though.

One thing is that 39 red apples take up as much inventory 1 green apple—or vice versa. So selling food that you have in low quantities is useful for freeing space.

And to the fellow complaining about finding the bedroll: it's also in the * list, along with the sextant and some other tool when you get those. If you look for the hand icon. As you scroll it's easier to find. But I do think you should be able to quick slot it and silk get the exp bonus. Not sure why that's indifferent. Someone commented they got the bonus ton100%, but I've never seen it above 25%?!

6. lockecole7

Jan 26, 2013
    Yeah there's an abuse that can let you have 100% xp bonus, but I won't repeat it. Anyone else have an issue or is past that point in the story?

7. Serenityinaz12

Serenityinaz12 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2015
    If you love this there is a whole world of rpg's for you to play after this one all under the cRPG catagory. Newer ones like Pillars of Eternity and Divinity: Original Sin and the classics like Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment etc

8. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Hope they can port Divinity: Original Sin and Planescape: Torment.
    This game is really good! Just hope they add an option to increase font size in game

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #229 Nullzone, Sep 18, 2016
    That was me. I quickslotted it, no problem. Finding it first among 5 or 6 screen pages of trash items was the hard part ;)

Did anyone try on an Air1 with iOS 10 yet? I'm on the latest 9.x still, and even after a memory cleanout and reboot, it now - exploring the forest outside the graveyard - keeps crashing on me, last one after playing for under 15 minutes. Rather annoying, and I don't have the patience for that anymore. Off to the backburner you go for now...

But once those initial issues are sorted out, I'm confident we have a real high-quality gem here.

10. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Im playing on Air with iOS 10. No issues yet. Sessions of 45 min to an hour usually. No crashes. I'm lean on other games on my devices so lots of free ram. Just this Hearthstone and The Quest HD.

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Re crashes

Update: It's loading a save that crashes the game for me. First load after gamestart always works. After that, when playing, it's about 50/50 if it loads just fine or crashes.

@ashmike: thanks for the info, maybe I just got unlucky. Might upgrade to iOS 10 in a day or two, could make a difference.

12. SufferinPup

SufferinPup Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    It may be the save itself has something in it that is causing the crash. I'll send you a PM to see if I can get your saves to try it out on my side.

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks! Got it and replied already.
    One more detail that might be important for troubleshooting:
    Earlier today, the game always crashed directly after loading a game on gamestart, didn't matter which of the 5. I could see the environment for a split-second, then the screen went black for a second or two, and then it crashed. Had to do a reboot to make it work again.
    I'll check tomorrow if it produced crashlogs and will send you those as well.

Going by your email address, your original venue Buskingsoft is no more?

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
  15. lockecole7

Jan 26, 2013
    Hey any chance you could take a look at my problem with the main quest line a page back. The door isn't working for the thief quest on the docks. When I finally found the right door that queued up the quest (it being night time) there was also the other "daytime come back later" door, so after I clicked on the right one, the wrong one was there again. I think since I technically already clicked on the quest line door that should have let me in (but was impeded by another overlapping one) I'm screwed. Maybe? I've gone back exited, waited for every single minute of night time. Maybe I'm missing something?

16. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    This is looking tremendous on my 6+ and especially good vid Apple TV. Defo game of the week. D-pad would be a nice to have but far from a show-stopper. So glad to see a new release not being tripped by the almost simultaneous release of iOS 10... this ought to be an iOS 10 showcase game if it isn't already!

17. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I think I'll pick this up when we can move with some virtual dpad. Playing on iPad would be annoying having to tap all over the screen. Even worse on the 12.9

18. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    There seems to be a bug where I'm looting jewelery that doesn't show up in my inventory...it's happened 3 times now.

19. JudasKain

JudasKain Active Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Stuck in the northern forest after beating the darkbringer's peons. Tried to go to the nearby door but the door is blocked by haybales. No clue what to do next. Please advise.

20. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Click and hold a haybale and put it where you want