Universal Eliss Infinity (By Steph Thirion)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by drdeniz79, Feb 5, 2014.

1. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    I really wanted this but ended up getting threes instead!!! Which is amazing!!! Should I buy this as well!!? Has anyone played both? Which is better?

2. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Different games, but get Threes. Eliss Infinity deceives you that they have updated their game with achievements. Plus, Thress is quite innovative.

3. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    I feel gutted for Eliss releasing the same week as threes! I have been waiting for this game for months, I didn't even know threes existed until 3 this morn. And it has completely stolen Eliss thunder!

4. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Screw it. I dived in and I can say this game is simply a masterpiece! Music is art, visuals are art and the touch mechanic is an art! This game needs more attention this week!

5. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Howwww is no one talking about this game man! Am I on the wrong thread?!!!!

6. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Love this image from Greg wohlwend! Designer on Threes!

Attached Files:

7. Honki

Honki Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Ok, like probably most of you, I have played my fair share of iOS games over the years.
    Released in 2009, Eliss was the first game for me to show what mobile gaming could and should be all about.
    A truly unique gaming experience that is not only optimized for but rather only possible on multitouch devices, with a distinct art style and ingenious gameplay.
    Obviously, Eliss Infinity was an instabuy for me.
    And I have to say: I feel the same way 4 years later.
    The gameplay has proven to be timeless, the art style and soundtrack have been carefully enhanced and the game is ridiculously polished up until the last pixel.
    This feels like the whole package. With games like this, all the outrage about Dungeon Keeper and the likes can be put to rest for a while. Game on.

8. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    This experience shouldn't be missed
    5/5

There have been at least 3 classic apps this week, IMO.
    This is definitely one of them.

9. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Amazing game, 5/5 from me too. :p

10. Honki

Honki Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Eliss, Threes and...what's the third?:confused:

11. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    FF6 maybe?

12. tjtoed

tjtoed Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    The toast one I assume. TA GOTW.

13. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #33 Lazer Kat, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    Eliss Infinity, Toast Time, Only One, and SpellQuest. In my eyes, these are all iOS classics that now own a permanent spot on my iPad. That says a lot; I delete a bunch of GREAT games.

I'm not the biggest Threes! Fan, personally.

Toad Rider and Cliudbreakers are each great also.

14. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Are you Gov. Rick Perry?

15. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Lazer Kat!!!! My dear friend from The Threes! Forum!!!

Mate now we can be friends lol! I freakin LOVE Eliss infinity.

For me this is the perfect mobile game. The graphics are sublime, the music is amazing and it works so damn well on touch. I got told off by a moderator for tryin to tell people on the Threes forum to buy this ard to start posting on this thread lol! As much as I love threes, I do think people are not giving this gem enough love!!!

The Infinity mode on this game is legendary!!! I'm currently number #6 in the world!!! Add me to game centre if you want some friendly challenge : dave_wigz

16. Benste

Benste Active Member

Aug 24, 2011
    This is one of my favorite games ever! I bought the first version a while ago. It's such a fun quick game! I highly recommend it.

17. CiroContinisio

CiroContinisio Well-Known Member

When it came out, Eliss was THE GAME FOR TOUCH DEVICES. It was the demonstration that touch controls have a dignity of their own, a lesson many didn't actually listen to.
    But here it is... it's Eliss again, and it's an instabuy for me. No questions.

18. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Agree, that's has instantly becomes favourite iPhone game.

I never actually bought the original! I always wanted to but never did. Forgot about it, but when infinity popped up I knew I had to atone for my neglect!

Bought it and have been mind blown. I didn't think the endless mode would be a big hook, I was more interested in the main mode untill I played endless mode for the first time!

It is literally the greatest thing I have played on iOS! Infinity mode is THE perfect gaming experience!

19. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Btw. Do you guys lay the game on a surface and play with two fingers like the tutorial says or do you play holding the phone with one hand and sliding the planets with your free hand!!??

I play using only one hand. I managed 55,000 on infinity mode using this technique! But then I find the normal game mode nearly impossible to play with one hand!?

20. Honki

Honki Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Only two hands for me. BTW took me a while to understand the (awesome) drawing in the tutorial on how to properly hold you device :D