iPad Eliminate [FREE Online FPS] Pulled from App Store, Servers Shutting Down 5/25 R.I.P.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mjmoco, Oct 31, 2009.

1. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    This thread brings back alot of memories for me. Like the day everyone was yelling Ngmoco is the AppStore's nintendo and how they always update their games and listen to their fans. What a rude awakening for some.

2. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    At some point, they should've made this game free. Seriously. Not "freemium," but actually free. Maybe not even permanately. However for just a week or a weekend, if nothing else. Not at the very beginning, granted. This particular model of freeium was just so overtly greed-based. Even when they re-launched Eliminate reskinned as Star Wars they toned down the freemium aspects of the game so that it was no longer so ridiculously over the top.

3. rohitx12

rohitx12 Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Playing iPhone/iPod Games
    USA
    Game Impressions

Does anybody still play this crap! It's completely outdated and useless.

4. Why does this topic keep getting bumped back up? -_-

5. PSPKyle

PSPKyle Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Because I'm a troll.

6. n8equalsd

n8equalsd Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    This game is terrible. If you don't have Archetype by now you must be cheap.

7. Pvphantasy

Pvphantasy Well-Known Member

mc2 > ..::elim::..

?
    Yeah no..

8. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    I also remember some hacker that was going again Bat Outta Hell...I gotta find that in this thread. That stuff was HILARIOUS!

Its funny how that new game "Spiral Knights" on Steam uses the same type of Energy system.

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Just realized this game got pulled off...

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Servers are shutting down 5/25.

11. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
  12. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Wow. :( I feel like re-syncing Eliminate to my iPhone on the last day for one last game.

13. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    I can still remember the day this came out... All the hype... All the fun and now it will be lost forever. RIP Eliminate. You took up our time well.

14. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    This is the game that made me stop liking ngmoco. I just find it funny that people actually spent money on this and what will they have to prove for it?

15. liquidmutiny

liquidmutiny Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    If anyone in toucharcade follows my forums post, you would know that I loved Eliminate. I wanted it from the initial announcement, I waited up to download it and I played the hell out of it. I kicked a$$ in this game and I loved the controls. They were perfect and to this day... The best fps control scheme on iOS.

ngmoco lead the way in taking the iPhone seriously as a gaming console.

After all the praise, I'm truly disappointed at ngmoco as a company. The founders really took the money and ran. True entrepreneurs. I feel as if their intent wasn't bringing console quality games for iOS, it was just making money period and they saw an opportunity. I'm not hating, just disappointed.

I issue a challenge, or a call to game developers. iOS is the next generation console. Give gamers high quality games, gamers will pay you. No gimics, no get rich quick schemes, no angry birds clones. Give us console quality story based games. Give us memorable characters like we experienced as kids such as Mario, Sonic and Bonk. Give us music that stirs emotion. Graphics that make us wonder how this is possible on a phone.

Apple provided the tools and hardware for a gaming revolution. Make art, make games, make history. The next gen console was introduced in 2006 with the original iPhone. It flipped the cellphone market on its head. It made industry giants like Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo rethink there strategy because they are losing market share.

Looking back at this post, I could have ended it after the first sentence.
    I guess I just want to say, take the iOS seriously. It's the gaming console of the future. Make your games universal. Innovate or get left behind.

16. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    It's sad to see this go. I wish that I had gotten in to it earlier (I got it around October of 2010), because then I would've been able to enjoy it more, I guess. Be with the hype and all that... goodbye, Eliminate.

17. PoopShooter52

PoopShooter52 Member

Mar 1, 2010
    desk Jockey
    Oklahoma, USA
    All the fun memories lost forever. We had a good run people, although most of us left when the glitches starting coming out the woodwork, all in all it was money well spent. I will forever hold a place in my heart for eliminate. Btw PVP, if your still alive, Alucard, Terrorist, Ccperr, and the rest of us would love to hear from you. Hit me up for details.

18. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Oh no... :( Eliminate was (still is) the best mobile FPS online game ever. Too bad people started to quit. I have the best gaming meories from Eliminate.

@PoopShooter - I know Capt4in (i spoke with him a while ago), he used to be a legend.

19. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    I can remember when it came out. Nice game during that time. However it was the first title which got me an undestanding of freemium and why I hated - this specific - model. Notbeeing ableto earn XP after playing for five minutes... Deleted it after 3 days. Still, it's the first game / server going down. "Good Bye".

20. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    I got this game at one point, but I did not really like it. It's too bad that it has to go still.