iPhone Elemental Rage HD by Oniric Games [metroidvania-style adventure platformer]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ArtCoder, Oct 21, 2010.

1. ArtCoder

ArtCoder Well-Known Member

Send me your PM anyway. We're trying to get it to work on the 2nd gen iPod.

Oh, there's still a lot of polishing left to be done, don't worry :)

Thanks to all who signed up. If you haven't, there's still time! Send me your PM with the info requested above.

2. ArtCoder

Hey guys! You'll be glad to know that as of just a few seconds ago :D we're supporting iPod touch 2nd gen, too!

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    does that mean that people with 2nd gen devices can apply for beta testing?

4. ArtCoder

Exactly! :) Getting it to work on the 2nd gen iPod wasn't as hard as we'd thought.

5. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Sooo looking forward to try this one!

6. ArtCoder

7. Link6746

Link6746 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Berserker (RAAAAARRRGH!)
    Saint Joseph's Hospital, Mental Ward (Long Term Gu
    I really hope this comes out for iphone.

--Edit: Just saw the thread for the non-HD version. I'm very excited.

Grokion and Pheonix Spirit both cater to that sense of exploration, but I don't think they're enough.

8. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Totally agree... Grokion as it stands now is more like a tease... And Phoenix Spirit gets closer... But it just feels a little incomplete...

Really hope this game steps it up and becomes the premier Metroidvania app for the iOS...

With as much time as they're putting into it, it looks VERY promising!

9. ArtCoder

Beta 2.0

Hey guys, I'm sorry for the lack of updates. We're hard at work on Elemental Rage! We're approaching the finish line and hope to have it out soon :)

Once again, we want to ask for your help. We're looking for testers for a second round of beta testing. We're really thankful to our first group of testers (I'll be PMing you soon about the new beta), but we want new eyes to get fresh, unbiased feedback.

The beta will be available for testers to download this weekend and it'll include about 40 minutes to 1 hour of gameplay. Please, apply only if you'll have time to try it and give useful feedback.

If you're interested in giving us a hand with the beta test, send me a PM with the following details:
    • Games you've beta tested for, if any
    • iDevice model (e.g. iPad, iPod touch 4th gen, iPhone 3GS)
    • iDevice UDID
    The minimum requirements are
    • iPad, iPhone 3GS / 4, or iPod touch 2nd / 3rd / 4th gen
    • iOS 4.2

If you applied for the first beta and didn't get in, just PM me saying you want to be in this one. I have all your data from last time.

Thanks!

10. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    I sent you a message.

11. ArtCoder

Hey, toucharcaders! Thank you all for your support during the development of Elemental Rage. We've submitted the game to Apple for approval so, if everything goes as planned, you'll be metroidvania-ing on your iPads very soon! :)

We're very excited about Elemental Rage. It's our best game so far and we know you'll have a great time playing it.

12. Joeavery

Joeavery Active Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Midwest
    I'm really looking forward to this. Can you give us any drool-inspiring details? Story synopsis, # of "levels", types of abilities, etc.?

13. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Are you going to release the game as soon as it's approved or are you going to hold it for a released date and have you decided on a price? Thanks. :)

14. ArtCoder

Thanks :) Of course, here are some details (I should probably add some of these to the first post...):

The story is probably my favorite part of this game. It's hard to do it justice without any spoilers, but I'll give you the overview: The game takes place in a faraway dying planet. An evil sorcerer known as Devan is turning every living being into dark, soulless creatures by absorbing their elemental spirits. If he's not stopped, the world is bound to become nothing but a lifeless rock. That's were you come in. You take the role of Huna, a Spirit Guide trainee, who despite his young age must accept the burden of being this world's last hope.

The game takes place in the Spirit Guides' castle (now under the control of Devan) where Huna will have to free the captured elemental spirits and increase his abilities to prepare for the inevitable final battle against Devan. There are no levels per se, but as in most metroidvanias, you come and go over one "big level" finding new ways around and unlocking new areas as your powers develop. Your abilities are tied to the elements of the spirits you free. For example, after you free enough air spirits, you get to double-jump; when you free enough water spirits, you can breathe longer under water.

Hope that's drool-inspiring enough :D

We have set a release date, but we don't want to announce it just yet as the game's still under review by Apple. As for the price, the iPad version will be $6.99.

15. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    how long is the playtime?
    it's on my list for an instantbuy, but got burned last time with a $10,- that was done within 2 hours

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I did some beta testing, and the demo they gave us was about 2 hours... Having played part of this, I can say confidently that the pricetag is solid.

The controls, story, power-up system, graphics... The exploration is GREAT. True Metroidvania. When I was playing the beta I knew this wouldn't be another 1.99 platformer.

17. Joeavery

Joeavery Active Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Midwest
    Good to hear

Sounds great! I've been hoping gameloft or other would create a 2D side-scroller, metroidvania style. I've played and loved all of the castlevanias for the ds, and of course symphony of the night. Not saying that it has to be vampires and whips - kudos for an original IP, I just really enjoy that style of game.

So thanks for making one, thanks for being active in forums, and looking forward to seeing this in the app store.

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    To clarify -- beta tester got only a small section of the game -- that section took about 2 hours to complete.

And yeah, the game is great.

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yes that's what I meant when I said 'demo'... But thank you for clarifying that.

20. MeteorFlare

MeteorFlare Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    @ArtCoder

sounds drool inspiring to me already!