Elemental Rage by Oniric Games [metroidvania-style adventure platformer]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ArtCoder, Oct 21, 2010.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Sounds good. I'm always fiending for platformers with tight controls, and I've been wanting to play another Metroidvania type game like Robot Wants Kitty. Can't wait to play this.

2. ArtCoder

ArtCoder Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks everyone for your positive comments! :)

The iPhone/iPod touch version will be $4.99

And, most important, you can rearrange the controls on the screen however you like.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Sweet Ty! I just threw an extra $5 in the bank today for this game, can't wait til it hits the AppStore!

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Awesome. I've always said all virtual control schemes should allow you to rearrange them to your content. :)

5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Any word on the iPhone version? :)

6. whooley

whooley Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Just bought this yesterday, and love it. I love platformers, but didn't think they'd work well with touch-controls. They're actually really good, so you can just focus on the game rather than where the controls are. Great too that you can re-arrange them as you choose - how it should be in all such games. I love the sound effects and music too, very very nicely done.

Some minor quibbles:
    - The jump and attack button look identical (on my iPad at least), if you re-arrange them, you can't tell which is which.
    - I've only played the first couple of 'quests', but does the scenery change much as you progress, or is it all in the castle? Some variety (even if just in the backgrounds) would be great.
    - A very minor quibble, but does the music always stop & restart when you go through a door? Would be nicer and more seamless if it didn't always restart like that, only perhaps when going into a boss-battle or new area.

p.s. more levels/quests available through in-app purchase? Pleeeze?