iPad Elemental Rage - (by Oniric Games) +lite Out Now

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2011.

1. ArtCoder

ArtCoder Well-Known Member

Just to rule out the obvious,
    are you sure you haven't already used the water sword on one of the statues?
    If that's not the case, I'm afraid it may be a bug... :eek: PM me and we'll try to work it out.

2. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah I'm sure I didn't, I'll pm you.

3. ArtCoder

Update 1.0.3

Hey everyone! Elemental Rage 1.0.3 update is out. It fixes several bugs reported by you guys (thanks to all for your help :)) and some noticeable performance tweaks that should make the gameplay much smoother.

All those with non-retina devices (iPod 3rd gen, iPhone 3GS), should now be able to beat the fire boss! (Again, sorry about that :eek:)

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Someone posted in their sig. that they're beta testing Elemental Rage 2... Are you already working on a second one?!?!

5. ArtCoder

Wow, I'd bet he's from a parallel universe! :D There are no plans for an ER2 so far.

6. zatos

zatos Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    I'm surprised that I haven't seen much mention of this. The first boss seems too hard for me. It makes me feel like I'm not that good at this game because nobody else is complaining about the difficulty. I know people had problems figuring out how to kill him, but that's not my problem. I know how to kill him, I just can't.

The problem with the battle for me is the spikes that fall. Other games always give you a visual cue as to when they are coming. I don't see any (unless I'm blind) and therefore it seems like a crapshoot as to where to go to try and avoid them. Plus they all fall so fast together there doesn't seem to be a way to dodge them unless you know where they are going to fall. It is way too random for me and I can not avoid getting hit. I can barely survive one of the boss' cycles, let alone two or three!

I have played this boss battle numerous times and still cannot beat it. Which makes me sad, because up until then I was really enjoying the game because it is pretty good!

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Are you destroying the spikes with your staff? Because they give you hearts to refill your life which is pretty important during that battle.

8. zatos

zatos Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Well... there's my problem! Thanks for the tip!

9. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    Dangit, sorry bout never pm'ing you, totally forgot somehow, will download the latest update and see if that fixes it otherwise I'll pm you with the details, sorry again:eek:

10. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Tried the lite and really liked it. Any plans to add Game Center for achievements?

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    REALLY glad you guys made a lite!! Hope it helps with sales! I've been really busy this last week... Can't wait til I've got some time to sit down and work more on my 2nd playthrough!

And thanx for the response about ER2 and the lack of it's existence! =oP

12. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Not sure what I am doing wrong with the first "Satan" boss. I can avoid the obstacles for a little while, but it seems like I should be doing something else. Should I be swinging at something? I have enjoyed the game up until now, but I can't get past this boss...very frustrated.

Any help will be appreciated.

13. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    Just keep dodging until the huge stalactite falls from the ceiling, then jump on top of that and hit him in the face, rinse and repeat like 2-3 times.

14. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Bumping this thread cuz I've never played this and am wondering what it's all about, the name sounded familiar when I saw it... How good is it?

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    It's a decent metroidvania title... but after you play it once, there's not much real replay value. Some really like it, and others don't. I think the biggest problem people had was that you're able to collect attack powerups by killing enemies, but then when you get hit by an enemy, that power-up drops down... they wanted them to be permanent. But you do collect permanent abilities... like swimming under water, double jump, and others... I forget, it's been a while... sorry

But if you're a fan of metroidvania titles, it's definitely worth checking out.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Never left my device, never will.

17. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Thanks for the info... You wouldn't happen to know anything about Idonia? its another older game with a forum I just bumped, except it's free so I'll probly check that One out anyways...lastly a game called fantasy warrior? It seems really old but looks ok, looks like a action/Rpg probly pre-Zenonia or around then.

18. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Free today.