iPad Elemental Rage - (by Oniric Games) +lite Out Now

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Same here just can't figure out how to beat him...

2. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Thanks for previous help, now need more serious advice. I rage quit after dying earlier today, but now when I hit the continue button, it just shows a black screen with transparent controls. Do I need to start a new game, or is there something I can do?

3. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    *IF YOU DON'T WANT SECRETS SPOILED DO NOT READ SPOILER BELOW*

To beat the fire boss:
    You need to dodge his meteor attacks for about a
    minute until he gets pissed, then slams both elbows down causing the roof
    stalagtites to fall. Jump on them and watch out for the BIG one to fall.

When it does, jump on top and then jump up high to his face and attack.
    You should be able to get at least 1-2 attacks in and then repeat the above.
    Elbows down, stalagtites fall, then big one, jump on top, jump up hit him in
    the face. You should only have to really do this twice to beat him as he only
    takes 2-3 hits in the face to kill. His face flashes red when you hit him.

Here's a non-spoiler, spoiler: if you attack the small stalagtites that fall,
    they turn into hearts most of the time, healing you as you go if you get hit.

There you go, now you can move on to see the rest of this awesome game!

@ Kaboom, I suggest you close completely out of the game, even in the
    task bar and restart, you should be fine.

4. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    The save files of this game officially suck - I've had to restart my game twice because of the files not working. The restarting of the ipod did not help the black screen, so I started again and got to where I was...Oh dammit, just read the description and realized I only have a 2nd gen. Oh well.

5. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    I read that if u do not have a retina device than you cannot beat him cuz your attacks don't register. They said an update will fix that so I dunno if it's fixed. I beat him on iPod 4g

6. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    I have an iPhone 4 and could swear that I hit him in the face, but no matter I will try again tonight till he dies.

7. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Awesome game! Love it! But I'm stuck.
    Tailis let me choose, and I chose to forgive. Can't work out how to fight dark energy orb with it's little minions.

8. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    Thats for all the help, finally beat the fire boss!

9. Catalyse

Catalyse New Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Well then it seems we have a BUG !!!
    Still can t kill fire boss and been trying the above technique for an hour.
    I m on an iphone 3GS, iOS 4.2.1 . I guess this could be the pb ??

Anyways too bad, i ll try and restart the game on my mother s ipad and see if it s really me or if it s really a bug... But i really think it s a bug >_<

10. Catalyse

Catalyse New Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Well, just to confirm there really is a bug, i managed to kill the fire boss on the iPad in less than 5 min...

Seems that i can't hit his head on my iPhone 3GS iOs 4.2.1.

Thanks for the support anyways ^^

Gl hf all

11. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Yeah like i said the devs said that if u have non retina you can't kill first boss till update. Sucks for alot of people who don't know about the bug.

12. Catalyse

Catalyse New Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Yep, really does since it made me lose 3 hours and get quite pissed >_<, and i think it would do about the same to others :s

Good game though, enjoyed the end
    even if it s a pity you have to restart the game all over to see the other end (which i won t do ^^)

13. ArtCoder

ArtCoder Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. I posted about the bug earlier in the thread. The update has been submitted and we hope it's approved soon!

14. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    This platform is nothing of special!
    castlevania vs elemental rage = 10 : 0

15. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    So you're comparing a mobile game to the all-time best platform game ever (maybe 2nd to Metroid)? Wow, talk about fairness!

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Personally, I demand a modicum of coherency in trolls before I deem their comments worthy of a response ;).

In any event, I don't think it's an issue of console vs mobile (since I think that ER would have been well received as an XBLA title). Elemental Rage is not in competition with Castlevania, it's simply take on the same formula that also brings in other influences like Zelda. It would be great if Castlevania fanboys could just relax and take the game for what it is. But it's their loss if the can't.

17. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    OK, I lied :eek:. I'm not a Castlevania but a Ninja Gaiden (NES) fanboy ;), but as Castlevania/Metroid are regarded by most (old like me) people as the best platformers I thought the comparison was even more inadequate.

Of course Elemental Rage is not in competition with Castlevania, that's why I posted.

I agree that it's not an issue of console vs mobile; in fact that's still not a real issue for me yet, IMO mobile games still have a long way to go to be properly compared to console ones, and by that I mean "serious" full games, not casual ones (in that case they can already be matched). And my disagreement came mostly from that. But the analogy was made and I still don't agree with it, looks detrimental to Elemental Rage (which I still don't have but looks great).

18. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    Umm... I was on the mission to get the four swords, got all of them, went to the water guide room and either the chest was already opened or I opened it and never got the water sword. Is this a bug or is the water sword somewhere else?

19. ArtCoder

ArtCoder Well-Known Member

Osmiral, I don't understand... You say you "got all of them" but then you returned to the Water Tower room?

If you used the "last checkpoint" feature in the Pause menu, you may have been affected by the bug I posted about in an earlier message. A patch is currently waiting for review by Apple.

Are use sure you didn't use the sword already? (Please try not to post any spoilers. You can PM me if you want to).

20. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    What I meant was I got all except the water sword, and when I went to the water guide room it wasn't there.
    Sorry bout the spoilers will remember that.