iPad Elemental Rage - (by Oniric Games) +lite Out Now

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2011.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Sorry, I won't post anything else, I didn't mean to spoil the game for anyone...

=o/

SORRY SORRY SORRY!!!

I did just finish it, and NEED to play it again!!! I think it took me around 5-6 hours to beat... I died about 40 times... =oP

I also didn't get EVERYTHING (missed some of the green gem thingys that up your health...)... Going to this second time through though. I LOVE THIS GAME!!! Now to backtrack... I'm not sure if it's better than Grokion... As it stands right now, I think it is, but only because of the length of the game.. Grokion takes me about 30 minutes to run-through... But they're both great Metroidvania titles for the iOS... I still believe the $5 price tag is solid. Definitely worth the buy!

2. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I second this post. This post is 2nded.

3. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I like it... Totally adds to the difficulty. This game would be WAY too easy if you could keep your lv.4 weapon for the last 1/4 of the game...

It's like Mario... Get a mushroom, grow, get hit, shrink... Get a flower, shoot fire-balls, get hit, shrink... It just adds to the difficulty... And once you really get down how the enemies move and follow you and how you can avoid or attack them, you'll end up keeping the upgrades for a longer period of time... In my eyes, it's perfect.

4. AL1R3ZA

AL1R3ZA Active Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Homeless :D
    IRAN
    What's the engine of this game?

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Not GameSalad!

6. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    The game just came out, you're already right on top of the update.
    Excellent deveoloper support and attention! Nice job and kudos to you!

7. ArtCoder

ArtCoder Well-Known Member

We're using cocos2d. Awesome engine for 2D games. I can't recommend it enough!

8. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    I find that the invisible period after being hit by an enemy is too short - sometimes I get killed by 2 hits in quick succession.

Whether you make this longer but stop people also being able to damage enemies in this time or just make it longer would be less frustrating.

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Again, I think that might ruin the last boss battle. With the way it's set up, it might make it more hectic and even more frustrating especially if your attacks didn't count right after you got hit.

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #70 bigrand1, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
    Alright! I'm definitely convinced! Sat on the fence for awhile, but after reading all the above positive-ness, I'm gonna get this right away! Had a couple of minor concerns, but they've been answered thoroughly! One more example of how pictures and video don't do an actual game justice, and how you could miss out on an incredible experience if you simply judge a game based on that media and not actually try it yourself! Luckily for us, we have TA here, and our trusted fellow gamers whom we rely on when we haven't actually had hands-on for a particular app to help us decide to pull the trigger or not! You gotta LOVE it! Can't wait to get into this game! Also, appreciate how the dev is on top of all this and already gonna update it! Can't say enough about that!

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Couldn't have said it better. :)

12. dream

dream Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Is it just me or does the title screen theme song sound identical to a Smash Bros song? I think it might be one of the Starfox themes.

13. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Sweet, went back for all the items and finished the game. :)
    This is definitely one of those experiences on iOs you cannot miss.
    Very stoked I got this and thanks for the excellent game Artcoder!

14. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #74 russiaone, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
    OK, I picked this up after all the positive spin it's gotten in this thread, and while I'm not disappointed, I do have a few gripes.

Before I get into those, though, lemme say what I like thus far.

The game reminds me lots of Wind Waker. Now if you didn't enjoy Wind Waker you may have a problem with that. Huna even sounds like Link. Hell, even the pause menu is similar to the one found in Nintendo's game.

The game looks decent on Retina, but doesn't wow me... yet.

The controls are very well done.

My favorite parts, though, have to do with the story, sound, and character design. They are all done very well and I'm already enthralled with it. I just wish Huna had horns and was named Ico, instead. LOL

Anywho, I really hate blind falling deaths and I wish the game had a sorta Sonic the Hedgehog look mechanic. The enemies falling from nowhere is absolutely cheap, too. As well, though the controls are great, it sometimes feels like the input is a fraction off. It's probably just me.

Anyway, besides the blind deaths and somewhat "simple" graphics, this is a no-brainer for action/platform fans. What pushes it over the top for me is the superb quality of the story, sound design, and characters.

15. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    So I got to the giant fire demon boss, but I can't figure out how to beat him, the farthest I've gotten without dying was up to the giant stalactice (but it fell and killed me). Any tips?

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    When the giant...whatever it is...falls, jump on it and smack the dude in the face.
    :p

17. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    #77 sampdx, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
    Bought. I haven't gotten a chance to really play a lot of it but I just want to say that I really like the graphics and the controls work very well so far. :)

18. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Help! I just got this game, and I'm at the part where you need to get to the water tower. Unfortunately, the only way there seems to be by swimming, which I can't figure out how to do. I have earth and air lvl 1 and keys to earth, air, and water. What do I do?

19. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Jump button makes you swim up while you still control left/right movements with the direction pads.

20. Catalyse

Catalyse New Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Hi, I need help... Been stuck 4 days on the fire boss... Tried was was written 3 posts up, doesn't work... I have spent at least 2 hours and a half trying to kill it because i really enjoy the game >_<

tried the
    hit him in the face after jumping on the giant thing

i can't see any difference after 6 times ! and i'm aiming right i think (anyways i tried hitting almost everything...)

please help me !!! :( i'd be very sorry to stop playing this game because of one boss >_<