Universal Eisenhorn: XENOS (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 9, 2016.

1. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    #162 dasker4444, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    I like so much the game, now play it with mfi gamepad, the only thing I would like corrected is that sometimes the videos and Gameplay are seen as a rare spots or some points if detail to see sometimes when you focus the face of the person and a rare at the edges, color is a little detail but still a little uncomfortable sometimes visually.

2. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Or another 3-4 hours of story via IAP.I wouldn't mind that coming soon too :)

3. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I assume it's gotten better for you as you've progressed. Is that the case. There have been some comments that there's a lot of hall walking and story exposition. If more happens further in I'm ok with it at the start.

4. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #165 redribbon, Aug 11, 2016
    think i might just leave one or two opinion on this. first, the graphics is nothing like ps2 graphics like someone said earlier on this thread. i might said it looks like the graphics from early ps3 release if not better. so you can assume it looks great for a mobile game and im playing this on 6s plus. if you have lower device and lower resolution, i suggest you to live with it or you can buy a new device just like the reason we buy new iphone every year.
    the second: about the gameplay, its a little bit slow pace, but will be deeper on a later level. the more you play, the deeper the gameplay will become. so i suggest if you only played the game for an hour, please, delete your comment and keep playing just like i did. its aweosome, engaging with a good story and great voice narrative.
    the third: the price. i dont even think when i see the price for this quality game(again on mobile). we dont see game with this calibre on mobile every week. trust me i played all almost all new release every week and it feels like i started to loose my faith in mobile gaming until i played this game. so if you think 9.99 is too expensive for this quality...hmmm i dont know what to say.
    fourth: the gameplay. what you see is what you get. full mfi controller support, great voice action. story driven narrative with TONS of cutscene full of animation, stealth action, battle action, dodging, hack and slash, shooter and many more like hacking, provoke, etc.

thats all i can say for now and all that is coming from 4hours of gameplay and still playing. let you guys know if i found something i can share with.

ps. not forget to mentioned about first day patch for all the bugs.

5. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    For a huge chunk of the game all you will do is hall walking and cutscenes,after a couple of hours though you get to experience some larger areas with some nice stealth gameplay.The gameplay isn't the funnest part of the game,the story is along with some very intense voice acting for Eisenhorn.Also it's pretty cool that there is a nice weapon variety and special kill animations.

I am sorry to disappoint you but it's mostly going to be hall walking and story exposition :)

6. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    you are RRvirus in YouTube?

7. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #168 sobriquet, Aug 11, 2016
    Hey thanks and no worries, it's not a disappointment. I'm just trying to inform myself before I buy the game.

8. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    I have another glitch to report.Right after the trade deal goes down and you escape the trade area,there is a point where you have to jump down and rejoin the rest of your group(you are disguised at this point).When I press the button to jump down,my character glitches out and I can't continue :(

9. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    #170 TywinTheVile, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016

Just wanted to update my post with a few additional thoughts now that I've played several more hours.

I still like the game and would recommend it. However, I am glad I played the mobile version and not the PC version. As a PC game it would feel lacking. Good thing we are on TA and play mobile games!

I feel that though the game is fun and the story is engaging, there are some pretty glaring flaws that personally pull me out of the immersion:

1. Audio cuts out a lot and sometimes never comes back unless you kill the app and restart it.

2. In the cutscenes the audio is not in sync with the characters lips and it breaks the immersion.

3. Another cutscene gripe is the blocky movement of the characters. They don't feel real and it pulls me out of the moments.

4. In many ways, from the way we explore, the way the main character moves, to the combat feels like a Warhammer skin on Spiral Ep 1. This is not inherently bad, but it doesn't feel like Pixel Hero really moved the game forward enough.

That all being said, I recommend the game overall. I just wanted to give a little balance to my original impressions.

Good work PixelHero. I respect your effort even if I think you could have done even better.

I'm playing on a 6S+ for those wondering.

10. odi0n

odi0n Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    #171 odi0n, Aug 12, 2016
    So the combat is not all that from what I've been reading/seeing? (I'm asking)

Truly what attracted me to this game was its 3D/UE4 and the whole visual reference in trailers giving it a shadow of mordor/batman/witcher 3 type combat vibe.

I love 3D fighters. Soul Calibur, Demon Souls and recently Monster Hunter (which I don't play much since I have generations on 3DS) love combos, timing, defense/parry... etc.

I honestly don't care about story for this game. I have no experience with the lore - so story would come second to me.

The combat though, from what I'm seeing on YouTube (not too much because I don't want to spoil incase I buy)

What I see is ... animations look stiff asf. That combat looks bad, free flowing doesn't have a cadence "very mechanical" stutter type interjections during the flow of movement. Is this because you have to level up your character (novice rpg system setup or something) before you can flow into stringing combos smoothly? is there even combos or additional combo movesets you unlock?

Somebody who mains 3D fighters and has this game please explain. Thanks.

11. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Combats are nice you have either sword or gun so you can fight like a TPS game and kill the enemies freely.

So far so good and i didn't see any issue on my iPad Pro 12.9".

12. nanadivara

nanadivara New Member

Jul 8, 2015
    has anyone tried this on 5s..?

13. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    First, if this is made in UE4 I will cry as it looks like earlier era UE3 at best...

But about the combat. It's a dumbed downed version of what Arkham games do. It's no where near as free flowing and does not have combos in the sense that Soul Caliber, Devil May Cry or Implosion for iOS has. Lower your expectations if you're expecting that. It even feels more clunky than their first game Spiral, but it's a passable combat system that works but doesn't impress.

14. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran

Tell me what do you expect from Touch Screen? add 10 or more buttons on screen?

15. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    #176 Kenan2000, Aug 12, 2016
    Don't wanna make Eli rage again but *coughs*Monster hunter freedom unite port combat*coughs* (which is much,much more ridiculous and crazy and taking plenty of time to learn but very satisfying to say the least) , and yeah,I agree - implosion too.

Heck,we even have this Batman game by Gameloft which has pretty much the same combat if I'm not wrong and it's already old...

Sorry,just had to say this :)

At first I was sad and angry with the fact that my iPad 4 is old now to play these types of games but in most of the recent cases these types of games are not really worth it to me at least,I was really looking forward this game but combat really looks meh,so meh that i don't even feel bad anymore and that's what I was really expecting from it - a great third person brawler/shooter game with exploration and,at times,stealth elements,not sure about the exploration and stealth elements (they seem good i guess) but combat left me disappointed just by the videos.

16. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    I don't expect it to be Batman, I was only answering that gentleman's question. Sheesh. I do expect it to be smooth and the characters to move somewhat realistically. I also expect the cutscenes to be smoother and the little flaws to have been ironed out as they should have done this on a game for both PC and iOS as they should have known the scrutiny of PC games and other mobile games have polished more. Just look at Implosion and Infinity Blade to name a few.

To be clear I love this game and am not bashing it. I would smash the buy button on this again and again and on every game PixelHero makes in the future because their Shit is fun as hell. I was trying to offer insight and constructive critiques.

Cheers mate.

17. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    People on these forums don't really understand constructive criticism :( I feel ya mate,I do.

Btw just got to see a epic fight between The Children of the Emperor and the Deathwatch chapter so..the game is pretty not bad :D

I do wish some of the bugs get fixed,later into the game it feels like every 10 minutes something glitches,either my character or enemy AI or something else.Gets annoying.

[​IMG]

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You're aware that Gameloft games are made by teams consisting of a huge amount of people, while Pixel Hero Games are just 10 people, right?

Try to take that in for a moment. Eisenhorn, ALL OF EISENHORN was made by 10 people. Do you have any idea what kind of accomplishment that is? Instead, credit is not being given where credit's due and it's non-stop complaining.

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #180 metalcasket, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    It seems like you don't understand the meaning of constructive criticism. If you did your posts wouldn't be so negative and condescending.