Universal Eisenhorn: XENOS (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 9, 2016.

1. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I'm not into Warhammer at all, but Regicide is awesome. I too dropped for Sentinels as soon as it went universal, and I loved it right away, so I bought all the expansions too! I have hopes for this one. It isn't my usual game, but I'll go for it based on impressions here.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The update is actually out. :)

Oh, and other than some elements of text being tiny, it's perfectly playable on SE.

3. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    What are you supposed to do with the glowing circles, in the study using the physic power?

4. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Haha thanks for that, I'll just leave it downloading overnight and hope it manages to pull through:)

I guess I'll try it on the mini first, and eventually switch to SE if the performance doesn't hold up. But I'm hopeful, since someone earlier said their mini 2 was running the game smoothly.

5. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Pffff Nader still ignoring me...........

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... You posted your Q 8 hours ago.

Give him at least 24 to 48 hours to reply. He doesnt live in TA. :D

Maybe someone here can answer your query.

7. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Yes, it is.

8. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    #148 eugenemcardle, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    Not impressed with this at all. All you seem to do is follow the story, run from place to place, fight a little, solve a few pathetic and meaningless puzzles, acan a few items, rinse and repeat. I haven't made a real choice of what to do, it's really difficult finding your way around as there is no map and the move is very sensitive. You can turn around 180 degrees and not realise as the 'waypoints' are pretty much useless. Very very repetitive and very very frustrating. Plus of course, the dialogue keeps going, music sometimes stay strong: without the subtitles you wouldn't have a clue as to what is going on, even with them it's hard to follow. Not being able to save is also a nuisance as the frustration leaves me to leave the game frequently. And battery, don't even go there. I am on an iPad Air 2 and within a VERY short time I am down to 10%. In fact, for a time I thought that the sound cutting out was the game conserving the battery. Very disappointed and will try and get a refund. I am in Australia so it's not likely that I will have any luck with that.

And this is with the update!

9. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    #149 Nader, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    Sorry to hear that you're not enjoying yourself.

The game is adapted from a book, which is why there is not much decision making on the players part story-wise. We've stuck to the story of the book.

The update out today should fix your audio balancing problems.

Also, as far as battery, our iPads in the office can run the game for a few hours before needing a re-charge... But with a lot of these tablets it depends how you use it. The batteries can suffer from a it of wear and tear. We only use outs for testing... Which will give a different result to someone who uses their iPad generally and regularly for a variety of stuff.

10. Kojin

Kojin New Member

Aug 11, 2016
    Game looks great on the iPhone but it really drains battery like crazy. It goes down by 1% per minute and phone gets pretty warm at the back. Not that I'm totaly surprised by this. But the truth is the only other game which makes my iPhone warm and drains battery like Xenos was NFS:No Limits. No other title comes to my mind. Anyways I'd like to see more games like this on the iOS. Definitely worth 10 euros. Good job guys.

11. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    If you want, try lowering the screen brightness on your phone. If you go to our setting menu, in 'graphics' there is a gamma adjustment slider which will fake brightening up the screen for you to compensate. Your phone will still get hot, but it should be A LOT better.

12. Armel

Armel Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    Finish !!

I finish the game in medium difficulty ( lot hours of gaming # ) !! After that i reed we can change outfit but i don't know how lol # Only deception and it's big : no " arena mode " with ennemy wave like in spiral or Batman game ... WWWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

13. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    You can change the costume in the armoury.

Arena mode will be coming in a future update #

14. Kojin

Kojin New Member

Aug 11, 2016
    Thanks for the tip. Will try that later. I'm still impressed how good the game looks and how smooth it runs on my 6S Plus. And I love WH40k universe.

15. RodeoMatthew

RodeoMatthew Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Congrats Guys, I've got a slot in my weekend carved out to play smash this. :D

16. Kwadius

Kwadius Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Update fixed loading issues on my iPad Air 2. The games looks great on both my iPad and iPhone. Mfi support is a plus. It's plays a little slow for my taste at certain points but I'm still impressed none the less.

17. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    I keep getting the validation error again even after the update,I thought that would be addressed.It's fine having to reinstall 3GB once,it's not cool having to do it more than that.

18. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Have you tried the hard reboot holding down the home and power button?

19. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Already?

20. Armel

Armel Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    Ok Nader ... I can change outfit thank you , and , i hope arena mode come faster because it's a important part for game like that ...