Universal Eisenhorn: XENOS (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 9, 2016.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The thing that gets to me is the fact that this dude is hellbent on using Steam and PC as a viable reason as to why this game is "bad". 1) Steam reviews are to be taken as seriously as App Store and Google Play reviews, and 2) AGAIN, THIS IS A MOBILE SITE AND WE'RE TALKING ABOUT EISENHORN AS A MOBILE GAME.

2. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Would be lovely if this gets ported to Apple TV too! (as a controller only game of course! ;))

3. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Okay,now I have a serious issue with the game!I just started it up again and it keeps saying validation error?What is going on exactly?How do I get this problem fixed?I hope the dev respond on here soon :)

4. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    We are looking into this right now

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Nader, still haven't gotten a reply on when/if an Android release is planned. Would love to play this with a controller on my Shield TV if the wait is not much longer. Otherwise, I'll get the iOS version.

6. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    There will be an android version, but not at least for a couple of months.

7. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Ah, the dilemma. Want this now but know I'll be kicking myself.

8. Kwadius

Kwadius Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    So I'm not the only one

9. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    First time I ever had this issue :D Good to know that the devs are working on a fix :) Hope it doesn't take much time cause I was really fired up about playing today :)

10. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Just deleted the app and re-downloaded and it worked.

11. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    What about save files?Are they backed up on a cloud or something?What I mean is if I reinstall it will I lose my progress?

12. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    App has iCloud support

It should recover that just fine.

13. cakewalker

cakewalker Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    I'm intrigued

14. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Just bought the app an hour ago and got the same "Validation Error" on first startup (iPad Air, haven't tried on 6s yet as I like the iPads bigger screen better even if it means little worse graphics/resolution).

Reboot and Force Reboot didn't help. Hope your way does. Really looking forward to downloading/installing 3gb again. Thank God I don't have to download over 3G atm. :(

15. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    We've been testing this, and a few people have reported this same error. So far, DELETING the app, and then re-installing has worked.

But if it doesn't PLEASE let us know!!

16. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Buying the game - HANDS DOWN!

Hello everyone, it is my utmost delight to announce that I will be buying Eisenhorn: XENOS (iOS) right now, no questions asked! I've read every page of this thread, and judging from the developers, they really care about the game and have created a wonderful console-like game experience for us to enjoy on our mobile devices...I have an iPad Air 2.

I am one of the few people (along with Exact-Science and MetalCasket) who actually appreciate quality games. Sure there are bugs (the developer already said they are working on fixing them), but they will be fixed AND the game will be improved through future updates. I was never on-the-fence about buying this game; it was already written in stone from the beginning. I'm not on the fence, I'm in the AppStore! xD

$9.99 is a good price point; it's like buying one day's worth of snacks for a man on a budget, only in this case, it's a high quality immersive video game, so lemme press the BUY button already! ;)

Thank you Nader and Pixel Hero Games as a whole! :)

17. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #97 Gambler, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    Wow, that's what a call a lightning speed reply.

I decided to force reboot the iPad once more (Home & Power Button) - Thought better take a 2 minute shot once more before downloading the whole thing again and guess what, it worked. Maybe I pressed the Home Button too short for the first time. Maybe it was just a fluke.

But works now. Still thx for the fast reply. Great service.

Edit: So for everybody else with this Validation Error issue: Maybe try rebooting or Force rebooting first (Home + Power Button). Worked for me and probably better to try this first before reinstalling the whole 3 Gigs. Anxious to check out the game now! Cheers!

18. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Audio keeps disappearing for me.I just fought some imperial navy impersonators and the audio glitched out.Only the background music is active,dialogue and combat have no audio.Please help! :)

19. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    It's not something we've found in our testing before. We'll look into it, but it might take us a bit of time to fix it until we can re-produce it ourselves.

We're on it however!

20. loox

loox Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Will I have a lesser experience not knowing about the Warhammer universe?

I've been dying to get into it though. Just not sure this is the place to start. I don't want to be confused.