Universal Eisenhorn: XENOS (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    From what ive come across you cant freely change costumes. These change as the story progresses. Really story driven including the costumes. Hahaha.

As for customization, so far i have seen different equips in the shops, which can be upgraded in there to their next tier versions. There is a 3rd equip slot which would influence "builds" but it's pretty minor. This basically acts as an accessory slot (in most other rpgs) in which you can equip a stat boosting effect that could somehow, albeit minor, allow a little bit of specialization. Examples of equips in this slot are +% melee damage or +% ranged damage.

2. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Oh sorry haha. I would give it an 8 out of 10. That could increase as I get further. Regardless, it's an instabuy in my honest opinion. I don't think you'd regret it.

3. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    you play with the touchscreen or with mfi gamepad?

4. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Where's the gameplay vids?? That's the main reason I come on these forums, is obscure iOS gameplay vids. A couple of you guys I owe many thanks.

I can't tell you how the game looks because there's NO screenshots or gameplay vids...

BTW dear DeV, I think the App Store screenshots are poor, they don't get you excited or interested.

5. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    I use touchscreen and it works really well. I hear it's a blast with a controller but I cant verify. I played Spiral with a controller and it felt like a PS3 game, so I bet it's safe to assume Eisenhorn would be the same.

6. dasker4444

May 9, 2016
    the graphics in this game are similar to the PS3? you do not have gamepad? I use the stratus steelseries I think the best economic control as it costs only $ 33 on Amazon.

7. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    Maybe I'll pick one up. The old gamepad I had was for my 5S and doesn't work with the 6S+. I generally prefer playing games with touchscreen as I like to see how well the game is built for touchscreen. And yes the graphics are similar to a PS3 game I'd say. Graphics are reminiscent of Xbox 360/PS3 era.

8. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Support Spanish Subs?

Hello

I'm just asking if the game support Spanish Subs or something and if this is a RPG or just an story telling adventure.

Cheers dudes

9. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    It certainly will!

10. ibis_87

ibis_87 Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    Manager
    Moscow, Russia.
    Holy macaroni, it's a treat for any W40K fan. Instabought it. Been some time since I've seen graphics that advanced on my iPad (a Pro 9.7). Loving it so far. It might not be much for a PC game, but for a mobile game it's damn good (much like Oceanhorn in that respect, I guess).

My only minor complain are crashes. Not sure if it's the beta build of iOS or the actual game that is the problem, but it's far from unplayable. Better than Titan Quest ver. 1.0 in terms of stability and bugs anyway. But as Nader stated I hope those will be ironed out with the coming update. Can I hope for it, Nader?

11. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Right now the game is only in English, but we will be trying to have it translated in the next month.

There are some RPG elements, but I'd say it means more to the story telling adventure side of things.

12. dasker4444

May 9, 2016
    I also played a lot with touch screen, but there is much more comfortable games and you get more into the role when you play with the gamepad. so happened with implosion is beautiful play with gamepad although its touch controls are comfortable.

13. dasker4444

May 9, 2016
    I think in the AppStore should make a video and images of the gameplay to call more attention because they are very simple rose. show only graphics but do not attract attention. and buy the game because I've been following for some time, but this may alienate many new potential buyers. I hope to take the advice

14. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    The heck am j missing with my auspex?!

*madface*

15. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    the crashes you are getting are probably due to the beta build of IOS... We haven't done any work for iOS 10 yet, and we have iPad pro's in the office that never crash.

Obviously we'll look into it.

16. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    #76 dunhila, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
    I bought the game on my Ipad for a reason.On an Ipad the game might be bad but you understand that for that specific devices most of the games aren't that polished and don't have more than a couple of hours of gameplay so in the end you are fine with it.If I had bought it on PC I would be pretty mad right now :D

Btw I was wrong about the no bugs thing-right after Thaw-view or whatever that mission was,the audio disappears from the game,I don't know how,I don't know why but it is gone in both combat and cutscenes.So I would advise you to wait for a patch before buying.

17. Dedalus

Dedalus Member

Jun 17, 2016
    What sort of graphical quality should I expect from my iPhone 6 Plus?

18. Luca.Tosoni

Luca.Tosoni Member

May 13, 2015
    ## bipolar disorder test suggested ##

19. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    All I needed to know, thanks. :)

20. TouchiMedia

TouchiMedia Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Saw a couple gameplay videos..

Was curious about this and kept an open mind.

It looks ok but as typical iOS/Android graphics- it looks nice standing still but the animations are very rudimentary/rigid which is a huge turnoff for me. The deaths have the players flop down the same, just kills immersion. Wish more mobile games used Ragdoll physics, those are the only ones I play. I'm probably the minority but don't see the appeal of the graphics. iOS still has a long way to go.

Best of luck with the game- voice acting sounded great.