Universal Eisenhorn: XENOS (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 9, 2016.

1. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #41 JohnnyClash, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    Actually, I never heard him say he was out of here... It's always great to hear from other players besides just the YES crowd.. I do thank him for his honest opinion of the game. But I do have a question for him.. If there were hundreds of videos on YouTube stating just how bad and boring this game is, why did you take to time to purchase it?

And I do have a general question, as well.. How will the graphics be on the iPad Mini 2 ? Will they be top notch in regard to other mobile devices, or will they be noticeably scaled back to the point of sub-par graphics.. If scaled back, what ios devices are they not scaled back on? TIA..

2. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Lol, the day this would be possible,
    I wish they made a witcher game for ios

3. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Game looks amazing on my iPhone 6s+ so have no fear about that as long as u have a top tier phone. Gameplay-wise...love it. I dig the story based narrative as it is a good change of pace. All in all the game is awesome and well worth the money.

4. mstacheef

mstacheef Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    Agree. Loving it so far. Playing on an iPad mini 2 and it's running pretty flawlessly. Gameplay and story are very good, definitely something unique on iOS I think. Not rushing to play it on my 6s because the text is so small, but I'm sure it would play very well

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yet another typical love or hate TA thread.

I dont know why you'd call this bad and looking like PS2 graphics, when PS2 game ports look relatively worse.

The gameplay is quite varied. The game has platforming elements, exploration, combat, adventure elements, an upgrade system, and a seemingly good story and first person narrative style. Considering the "biggest" games on iOS are hopping birds, runners, gameplayless collection, slicing fruits and what-nots, it's pretty sad this game is just considered "walk, run, and combat in-betweens, and overall boring."

Imma just go back and enjoy the rest of the game.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just tried with Madcatz Micro and it works pretty well.

7. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Trauma Nurse
    Phoenix
    Actually is available on Steam. However, the legendary crap rating system of Steam rears it's ugly head. You see users that have only put in a hour or so of gameplay tilting the rating system. Anyway, my question for Nader is, does this also include all future DLC like the PC version?

8. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I loved Spiral Ep1!! I thought it was a great example of how to bring engaging console style Action RPG gameplay to mobile. It controlled well and had an interesting story arc. It was a shame that the sales were too low to ensure additional episodes (I am always Leary of episodic Indy mobile games for this reason), but I really enjoyed the game and saw potential. I hope that this 40K effort from the studio may encourage and permit them to consider continuing the Spiral story line (I need closure damnit!)

Either way, I am eagerly awaiting my next paycheck so I can give Eisenhorn a go!

Thanks for the words of encouragement E.P.!

9. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    #49 TywinTheVile, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    My initial impressions are this: The Unreal Graphics are fairly impressive on the newest devices. The texture is lower than the PC version but that isn't unusual. The voice acting is well done and the writing is spot on from the source material. The combat is much like Pixel Heroes other game Spiral Episode 1 which is a good thing and the scheme works well for mobile.

The game is driven more by the story than by the combat but that isn't a bad thing. If you love 40K universe or enjoyed Spiral you will like this game.

The controls are a little too sensitive sometimes but it isn't a big deal. It's a full premium experience that gives a PC/Console quality experience on mobile in much the same way that the Infinity Blade trilogy did. This game is more open movement but it isn't open world.

Bottomline is this game is certainly worthy of a $10 investment and likely more. You get a well made, high end story driven adventure game with intuitive controls, fun combat and with fully voiced characters. You will not be disappointed, but there are a lot of freemium grinds you can play if you are ;).

Jokes about freemium. Relax friends.

10. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    What's not to love iOS masterpiece

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Loving it so far! 6s plus here and graphics are awesome.

12. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Awesome so far. Immersive all around.

13. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    What about costumization?

14. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    in which device you are running the game?

15. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    From the sounds of it an older model. Looks gorgeous on my 6S+

16. mandrilo

mandrilo Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Great game!

Probably one of the best games i played on ios and android. The graphics are incredible (im running it on an iphone6s). Really a landmark close to Infinity Blade series. Also gameplay, the story and the immersion are among the best in the plataform. I think that this is a true PC-console quality game in your cellphone. I feel it almost on pair to Batman Arkham Asylum (the first in the series, circa 2011). People on Steam are complaining about graphics of the PS3 era...so, you got a PS3 game on your phone. Also, Steam is populated with games with greater graphics but without this profund type of narration (devs are sucesful making a portrait of the inquisitor contradictory feelings and motivations) so, for me this is a matter of tastes...I dont remember last time I played a game of this kind on mobile...Spiral episode 1, maybe... ; ) I wanna really send a big "thanks" to PixelHero fellows: you bringed back quality to mobile in this dificult freemium era. Keep up the good work:)
    Javier

17. dasker4444

May 9, 2016
    1 to 10 as you put it, I've been waiting for months, but reading reviews I question whether buy it now or wait, that you recommend? another but that is not in Spanish language yet, my other question is whether it is stable at 60 fps?

18. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    I'm not sure about costumization, but for custumization I noticed around 48 weapons/items that are unlockable right now and it looks like there may be other robes you can unlock but I'm not far enough along to really know yet.

;)

19. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    The frame rate is smooth and stable on my 6S+, but I can't verify for older devices. During the demo build the PC version was locked into 30 FPS with a settings option to increase to 60 FPS. IOS version may be set at 30 FPS but I'm not sure. Runs smooth and is stable for me.

20. dasker4444

May 9, 2016
    that rating would you give 1 to 10? I buy it immediately? really worth it? give me your honest opinion