Universal Eisenhorn: XENOS (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 9, 2016.

1. asaw2

asaw2 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    South korea
    No iPhone 5 support....:(

2. ZenThoo

ZenThoo Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Thanks for the information. Germany and video games are not the closest friends #

3. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    The game is very bad overall.
    Graphics first-they are horrible.Textures on objects are awful,character models are like something that came out of an early PS2 game,even on an Ipad things are hard to look at.
    Most of the environments I have seen so far in the game are exactly the same.Most of the game you will spend just running from one room to the other and doing very little fighting that gets boring and repetitive very quickly.Some animations really need work.The first boss fight was so poorly executed and uninspiring that I almost want to forget it.
    Performance at least is smooth,no FPS drops even during combat but again this game's visuals are horrific.I haven't encountered any bugs yet or any sort of glitches. Touch controls work pretty well for this game although I found the size of the controls way to small at first.

Overall the game is very boring with very little to do and the graphics almost make me puke.

4. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    As mentioned on the Steam thread where you posted a similar response, the device you are using has most of the high end graphical features switched off.

To give you an example:

- On P.C. Eisenhorn's head texture is 2048 x 2048, and his body texture is 4096 x 4096

- On the best iOS devices it is 1024 x 1024 for the head, and 2048 x 2048 for the body.

- On the lowest devices the head textures are 512 x 512, and 1024 x 1024 for the body.

It's a pretty massive drop in texture resolution for those low end mobile devices.

Also any dynamic lighting and improved lighting and post process effects are OFF on those devices as well.

FPS is the reason we switched off features on that device... traded stablility for looks.

5. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    This 'game' is depressing. I've had it running for about an hour and actually 'played' around 5 minutes.
    So far it's just moving, slowly in most cases, from one loooong cut scene to another. Someone pleeeease tell me it gets better.
    I love Mark Strong the actor but if the whole game is him just droning on about nothing and going from scene to scene with a few fights here and there then I'm out.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #26 metalcasket, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    You absolutely don't have to be sorry. :)

I should have clarified. I brought up app thinning because I have a theory that any app that utilizes it and is synced through iFunBox will not get delta updates until it is updated (fully) through the device, thus "future-proofing" it. That happened to me with Hatoful Boyfriend and other games, but it's just a hunch I have.

As far as re-downloading the whole game is concerned, if the update does in fact come through as a full download for all of us, I don't mind...I got the chance to sync Eisenhorn through iTunes with little to no ****-ups. The only thing "wrong" to happen was iTunes synced 89 songs too. :p

On one hand we have you who thinks the game looks like crap and makes you want to puke, but I can assure you (on the other hand) it is one of the best looking iOS games (if not THE best) out there. I'm using an SE and the graphics (and especially locales) are nothing short of breathtaking.

Well, see...these are kinda what console games are like now and I understand how that may not appeal to you, but we don't have ANYTHING like this on mobile and with an endless collection of "gameplay" based games on my phone, I'm glad to say I have a massive, narrative based game, that balances action, exploration, puzzles and even being a walking simulator, if you will.

Nader and the team at Pixel Hero Games, you should be proud of this accomplishment. I honestly don't give two shits how the PC crowd receive the game, but as a mobile title and with your pedigree...it's something...SOMETHING else. Congratulations.

7. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Well the SE does pack a nice Apple A9 processor while the device I was playing it on uses the A8(that means your phone has a better GPU than the Ipad Mini 4 I am using).So yes-it should look much better on your device,I just have a lower end Ipad.

But that doesn't change the fact that the game is pretty boring at least for the time I have played it.It is sort of passable on iOS but the PC community will rip it to shreds,it just doesn't deliver the excellent gameplay we were all hoping,again this could have been avoided,there are hundreds of videos on youtube saying that the game is bad and boring.

8. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Ok. Your opinion is noted. Your out, not your thing. I would like to hear from some others now please.

9. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Didn't the PC community destroy this game with negative review?
    Or was it just one YouTube reviewer?

10. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Youtube is actually filed with negative videos about this game which is understandable.So far there aren't many reviews on Steam,I think that is because the game hasn't been bought much yet because it just got released so we do have to wait and see what PC gamers in general think but I do believe they will not be pleased.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I wouldn't care what PC reviews say as I personally wouldn't play something like this on the PC anyway the PC is made for online slaughter or playing with friends for me. But as an iPad game I would be interested.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You guys are aware the game hasn't even been released on PC, right? Those "hundreds of videos" are months old, from a preview build of the game. The game was due to come out a month after these videos were put out, but instead was delayed by 3-4 months. Work has been put into the game.

Plus, c'mon...really? We're TouchArcade here. We're playing a mobile title for all intents and purposes. Let's treat this as one, okay?

EDIT: 3 AM here. I'm off to bed. Play nice people.

13. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Certainly not 100's as you state... also they were small preview chunks of the game... mainly tutorial stuff, not the full game, with it's full campaign.

There were also plenty of positive previews, and even amongst the negative ones (a lot of whom just didn't like that the game has a mobile version, as mobile = compromised) said it would do pretty well on mobile.

No, it's not the AAA, multi-mullion game some fans on P.C. would want. But for $9.99, I think a hand-crafted, STORY DRIVEN game, and authentic adaptation of the source material is more than good enough.

14. schnedi

schnedi Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    any news about the android version?

15. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I'm interested in this too. Particularly with controller support for my Shield TV. That will determine if I buy this version or wait.

16. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
    This is on PC via Steam? Cool! I'd rather experience something like this on there!

17. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I'm a sucker for W40k and anything by Dan Abnett. I plan on getting this in the next few days to avoid having to download it twice (for your already submitted patch).

Can you tell me if this is a re-telling of that awesome book trilogy or a side story or a prequel or...?

18. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    It's based on the first book.

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Hmm so from reading this thread I've determined that Eisenhorn is the best game with amazing graphics and the worst game with terrible graphics. Sounds about right.

20. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Well, you have anti premium people that believe a 10 dollar game better run with alien style graphics and infinite game play... It must never end, must always be updated and must run on a first generation iPod. If not, they will rail against said game, developer and possibly others family members...