Universal Eisenhorn: XENOS (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 9, 2016.

1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    its meee :D

2. TouchiMedia

TouchiMedia Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    #182 TouchiMedia, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    It's no doubt a great accomplishment but it's a game being sold for $10 on App Store and that's how it should be held up to- regardless if team is 10 or 100.

Maybe they bit off more then they could chew, after seeing gameplay videos - the animations/deaths look so rigid, really turned me off right away, and the clipping/hitting with combat seems seems really spotty at times... Looks clunky gameplay.

3. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    That's ok, everyone is allowed their opinion. So far we've had 3 or so that are not enjoying it as much as everyone else, and 15 or so very positive ones.

It would be great to get more impressions of possible.

Touchimedia, can I ask what you mean by the 'clipping' in combat?

4. odi0n

odi0n Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    #184 odi0n, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2016
    Thanks for responding Tywin - you did excellent. I appreciated the break down. I guess *elway* I'll pass, since the combat is not to my appreciation.

I still wish them success though.

5. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    I think that whether we're enjoying the game, are mistakes that you play as a studio and that we should fix users and you should ensure our satisfaction. no game is perfect, but the details mentioned above can be arranged for you so that users already active and those who are more comfortable buying the game with the same. Something that would add regarding corrections for the game would be 2 things: 1. optimization with APPI metal and 2. optimize performance in terms of battery drain, as the game draws an impressive battery.

6. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #186 mzinn, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Wow some of the comments!

I am happy with my purchase. There is a lot to enjoy in this game.

Nice job. Thanks for such a good game & being so active here.

7. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    I dont think they can fix the battery drain issue because it isnt an issue.The game runs very smooth and requires significant amount of gpu and cpu power for the graphics and framerate.I am getting about 4 hours of gameplay on my Ipad from the game.It is very good.

8. dasker4444

May 9, 2016
    1.la battery lasts more than ipad iphone, 2. APPI for that this metal to optimize resources gpu, it is a matter of developers. in fact I know games comparable graphics (bioshock for example) that despite all the duration of the battery was higher with the latter. If I am also disappointed with 2k games for its withdrawal, but good

9. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Well introducing metal to the game is up to the developers and even if it could bring more optimal GPU results,I do not know if it will help all that much with the battery.I am also unsure of what screen on time you could get playing BioShock but could you tell me how huge the difference was?I mean Bioshock was a very good looking game on the IPAD and textures were pretty good,also I do have to admit there was a lot more going on in the environments compared to Eisenhorn:Xenos but since we are not developers we can't know the full story of why Eisenhorn drains battery faster.

I personally think 4 hours on my Ipad is very decent and considering the entire game is like 10 hours,then you should be able to get through it on 3 charges which isn't that much,perhaps for Iphones it will be 4 charges which still isn't a big deal.You should have seen how fast Titan Quest eats up battery,I was losing 1% percent over 20 seconds at first,huge problem.

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I still have that Batman game on my iPhone. It's like a small slice of Arkham City in my pocket. I stinkin love it. But it has nowhere near the story and atmosphere presentation that this game seems to have. I wish it did. Still totally fun to dive into though.

11. dasker4444

May 9, 2016
    I understand what you mean, friend just like you I love the game too, but we can not be blind to aspects failures that has the game and must be improved, as sometimes in the fighting that at times the blows are not natural or appear cut, a few graphical errors as few points but try to provide effects that damage the gaming experience and some trailers. I have been following the game for months and love it. But as I say has aspects that can be improved.

And believe me this game for me means much ground to be little comfortable with most games by lack of cinematics that tell the story and this game very seriously history is taken and believe me that is the most important things for me in a game, the storyline. That is why I have often thought that most game developers want to make mediocre iOS games I play or free for me is the same. and so to see this artwork buy the same day have gone on sale. and did it with some games Square Enix implosion etc ... that the only thing missing from implosion cinematics were more realistic and can not be excused because ps2 games as devil may cry god of war had them perfectly and our device Mobile is capable of much more. to summarize I'm happy with the game and I'm playing it, but it would be good to be constantly updating improving the player experience.

12. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Metal is about getting better graphics from the same GPU not saving battery life. If you want better battery life, turn on low power mode in your settings to reduce the CPU & GPU clock.

13. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
  14. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
  15. Armel

Armel Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    Seriously guys , i am the only who care about " arena mode " ??? I begin new game + in extreme difficulty and i don't find any challenge ... I realy like this game and waiting him since longtime, i don't want leave him after just one run... Somebody knows if the game will be regulary update ? Nader , forget the pc platform, realy , and take you'r place on mobile platform !!!!

16. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    We are working on an update that will have the arena mode... Hopefully within the next couple of weeks

17. Armel

Armel Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    I hope so much ###

Wait and see ###

18. dasker4444

May 9, 2016
    and arranging the upgrade?

19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you so much! I was searching since page one and I was starting to get worried that no one posted any vids.:)

20. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    Please make a [ Hi / Low ] gore and violence settings options.