iPad Einhander for iPhone/iPod Touch??

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RaZrVIN, Dec 16, 2008.

1. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    Hey, I was wondering if it would be possible to have Einhander (which was an EPIC side-scroller futuristic shooter for the PS1) ported to iPhone? I know Square-Enix made it, and I'm very aware that they're still active today. If you don't know what Einhander is, watch a video on YouTube about it. I'm sure if this was to show up in the AppStore, many people would be pleased :) I know I would. In a nutshell, for those who need some kind of comparison, Einhander is like a MUCH MUCH better version of Space Deadbeef. I'm thinking of emailing Square-Enix and encouraging them to port it to iPhone, however I don't think I'll get much success out of it, seeing as I'm only one person (and why the hell would they listen to me? They probably are working on some new title for the FANCY next-gen consoles... BAH...). Ah well, worth a try, no? I'll try emailing them tomorrow, and I'll get back to you guys. In the meantime, can you answer my original question; Would it be a possibility to port Einhander to the iPhone/iPod Touch?

2. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Man that would be so awesome, I have been waiting long for a good shmup to be released.

3. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    Einhander is one of the greatest games of all time. It would be a dream come true for me if it became available on the iPhone.

See this two-part video review of the Playstation original.

(Review done by Mark Bussler of Classic Game Room -- that guy is a machine -- his reviews are on target and he is hilarious -- I can't recommend his video reviews highly enough. His YouTube id: InecomCompany.)

Part 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILpea4iBU2g&fmt=18
    Part 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGpHUyMN06A&fmt=18

blakespot

4. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    Hey guys, sorry to be responding so late, but I emailed the folks down at Square Enix and sadly they said that they are not looking into making an Einhander port. They also said that they aren't evening looking into the iPhone gaming department as of now... So maybe there's hope? :confused: Maybe I'm just too eager to relive the days of a simpler time hehe.

5. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    What about Crystal Defenders?

6. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Crystal defenders isn't really in the same ball park as einhander. I was just thinking this the other day and was looking through old screen shots, the whole weapon system was just really awesome. You know I may still have the old demo version of this game from the old playstation magazine days:D

7. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    He's talking about the fact that they said they aren't looking into iPhone gaming when they already have a game out(CrystalDefenders).

I think they're saying at this moment they are not looking at iPhone gaming, but then again....

8. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    That video Blake posted was awesome, game looks real sick

Too bad it would probably never see the light of day on the iPhone

9. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    #9 Donburns99, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
    That was just ported from the original made for Japanese mobile phones, it wasn't anything drastic they had to work on.

Einhander would need to be completely rebuilt for the iDevice if they were to bring it over.

Would love to see something as good as Einhander for the iDevice, it's easily one of my favorite PSX games.

10. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    It will NEVER happen...I've come to this realization.

11. tiagobuhr

tiagobuhr Active Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Damn !!! I remember playing this over my friends house.... awesome times...

If they did this.... That`d be awesome money =p

12. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Einhander was good.

Radiant Silvergun was better. Leagues better.

Sadly, both of those games will most likely never appear on this platform. Einhander is technically possible, but Squeenix is just...well, they probably don't think it would "fit" the iTouch/Phone platform business-wise. And RS? Good luck trying to emulate a Saturn game on this platform. Only system that gen that was even more difficult to grasp in terms of hardware (and even tougher to emulate, apparently) was the Jaguar.

Speaking of which, I'd kill for Tempest 2000 on this thing. Or Tempest 3000 (the one exclusive to the NUON that I never got the chance to play). Just where the hell is Yak (Jeff Minter) anyway? I figure with the iTouch/Phone and App Store for games being an indy paradise of sorts that Yak would jump in head first...or does he hate Apple? I forget. But, yeah...Tempest 2000 or 3000 would kick ass.