Universal Eight-Minute Empire (by Acram Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by skoptic, Sep 5, 2017.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Elaboration: but you cannot choose the number of players in online games...

Comment: other than that, the AI is pretty good.

2. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Does this "feel" at all like a civilization building game, like Civ? It looks kinda Risk-ish, and sounds like the emphasis might be on balancing cards that you play, not very tightly bound to the theme. Which is okay!! But I'd just like to know what I'm getting into.

3. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    #23 currymutton, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Comment: definitely not Civ-type of game, more incline to exploration with a little extermination in the base game. And with Mountain Expansion on, it plays a little bit differently with settlers and builders.

Explanation: cards decide the actions the player can use for the turn. The availability is not controlled by any players so it is not exactly a deck building game like Race for the Galaxy.

Statement: I find a bug in the online game I think I am reporting to the developer.

Disclosure: somebody asked for the prices of the physical game, so here it goes:

4. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    OK, I also tried it with the iPad of my wife ... same problem, same Error ...

Right now, I paid 20,- Euros for a basic Version ... and I can only ask again, why the inApp function was not tested ... frustrating ...

Fix it soon or refund my money ...

5. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia

Cool new game Release
    Recomend to try it

6. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Clarification: As beta testers to many iOS games with IAP, I am sorry to inform you that there is no IAP locked contents in beta, beta tester can access everything. In this case, I was not even aware that many maps were for IAP back then.

Sympathy: I feel sorry for your problem even though mine works perfectly. :(

7. grzes19

grzes19 Member

Sep 5, 2017
    We are investigating this issue and the fix will be published asap.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

8. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    My statement goes not to the "private" Beta Tester ...

In my opinion the developer has to test this with normal devices and a developer account before going into public.

And due the fact that there is a clear error text, I think, this should be solved very soon ...

9. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Confession: just trying to cover our a** on behalf

Statement: loving the "Old Europe" map, not planning to buy extra map fttb.

10. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    #30 skoptic, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Liking the game, it is light but fun, a good implementation (better than Steam). The IAPs seem a bit expensive - is get them all if they were a bit cheaper, I'm a heavy premium buyer but this title with all expansions does not feel like it warrants a £20 tag.

11. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Thanks for the clarification!

12. Patjelol

Patjelol Active Member

Jun 22, 2017
    I've read in this thread that the extra maps have troubles when purchasing.

The Mountain Expansion IAP works fine?

And how many maps are there in the base game? I see 7 in the text, but is that with or without IAP?

13. grzes19

grzes19 Member

Sep 5, 2017
    The Eight-Minute Empire IAP prices on iOS and Android are 1.99$ each, decreased.
    The DLCs on Steam are now 1$ lower as well.

14. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    No, same Problem! :(

15. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    That is a real bad joke! I purchased the whole package but cannot use it at all ... and they lower the Price before I can even use it ... maybe they should solve the Problems at first ... :mad:

16. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Just tried to buy IAP. Mountain works fine. Tried to buy a map, got "invalid receipt" error. Not going to chance it with other IAP until this bug is fixed.

17. Patjelol

Patjelol Active Member

Jun 22, 2017
    If the Mountain Expansion works, that's fine by me.

Still, are there 3 or 7 maps in the base game?

18. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Any advice on which IAPs to prioritize?

19. ttcool

ttcool Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Fun game but why so expensive?

Having a blast in the game, but for $5 why is there only 2 maps available? The rest of the maps are $3 times 5 so another $15! All said and done for the whole game $22?!?! How about a bundle package to unlock everything? If there's no bundle package, I'll play the 2 maps till I get tire and move on... still great game but a bit expensive.

20. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    There's a long thread on this game and topic over at Board Game Geek, most of which would back your opinion on cost. This game, along with its add-ons is quite expensive. If I really like a game, I'm usually willing to spend even $20 (over time) for add-ons, but developers should not limit themselves to customers like me. As we've all seen on these forums and elsewhere, nearly all gamers balk at this sort of price point, and who can blame them? I won't even get into the "worth" of a game, it being so subjective, plus I fear I might fuel the derailment of this thread. Surely, that's not my intention, but I did want to share my agreement with others here, as well as point you in the direction of BGG if you're looking for more opinions (and rants).

I'm probably going to buy the base game for now, with the hope of price restructuring for the add-ons. ✌️

Edit to add the link I forgot: https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/68755/app-news-eight-minute-empire-conquers-app-store-ar