Universal Eggggg - The Platform Puker (By Hyper Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I was just about to get this game for my day off tomorrow while for while I was away from home. If I understand correctly it doesn't download all the levels at once after you get the app it downloads them one at a time as you play them. Meaning you have to stay on a wifi connection to continue to play?

2. aresundnes

aresundnes Active Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
    Yes, in this version a level might need to be downloaded the first time it is played. But we could change it to a longer Download on first launch if you'd prefer that!

3. aresundnes

aresundnes Active Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
    We just released an update where everything is included in the first download. So no internet is required (unless you want to buy the DLC).

4. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    Hi Are Sundnes,
    I'm sorry I was not able to reply earlier, and I just got the update and that is amazing news, :) thank you :)

I know that I am most likely in the minority when it comes to not having wi-fi access, but man, it's just so awesome when a developer does something like this.

5. aresundnes

aresundnes Active Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
    No worries :)
    We're still having some problems with this in the new build, but another update is on the way asap!

6. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Just wanted to let Dev know I really appreciate the update. I love the game and a dev like you. I wanted to further support you so I picked up the dlc and will get the other premium game this weekend for my little nephew when he comes this weekend with his tablet. We need more like you in the market. Thank you!

7. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Held off on this because... well, it looked disgusting. But so does my ex-girlfriend and I like her.
    I saw the game was free today, so I thought, what the hell. Surprise! What an excellent, and quite funny platformer! I'm really enjoying it. Plus, someone here mentioned Dan the Man, and I wound up playing that for the last two hours! Thank you, person in this thread whom I forget. And thank you, sick people, who have gathered here to recommend the hilariously disgusting Eggggg.

I guess it's now time to look at Binding Isaac which has also disgusted me. Yup, I'm the guy who doesn't own it.

8. iXoDeZz

iXoDeZz Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Just downloaded the game but it won't start. Im stuck on the first screen. Reinstalling it did not do anything either.
    Im on an iPhone 6s having iOS 10.3.2 installed.

9. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Nobody noticed that an internet connection is needed?

10. aresundnes

aresundnes Active Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
    Free app of the week!!

Hey guys!
    If you haven't already noticed, we were selected to be "Free app of the week" this week, so if you're still on the fence about buying the game, you can get it for free right now :)

Also, I saw the previous comments about required internet and problems starting the game - this should all be fixed in the latest update, but please let us know if you still have any problems!

11. nebulatrack

nebulatrack Member

Oct 2, 2016
    Are there any similar games to this?

12. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Hello, I eventualy tried the version 1.5.3 which is now as expected (no internet needed). I played it a bit and I discovered a very funny platformer with an amazing mechanic. You got my 5 stars in the French app store.
    Thank you very much for having listened us and updated the game accordingly. And thank you for the free game. I will surely buy the IAP to encourage you.

13. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    So I'm on level 6, and so far it has played out like a normal platformer. I mean it's good but I don't really see the 'vomit' mechanism being used in the gameplay. So my question is why put it in at all? Shock value?

14. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I believe the puke exists to give the game character? I finding it charming. I don't understand the comments I've seen in some of the threads about the puke being "disgusting", although I believe most (if not all) of those comments were from people who hadn't played the game?

I have to echo what others have said about the level design being fantastic. I finished level 15 last night and was blown away by it. I don't know if I've ever seen a more creative level in a platformer. That said, I have struggled with the controls on various levels, especially the flying parts, but the speed running replay value is out of this world. I've had a blast playing Eggggg and I left a 5 star review on the US App Store. Amazing game!

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Superb update. Really glad you guys opted to go with paid DLC. Wondering if you guys've gotten more "**** you it should be free" reviews. :p

16. nebulatrack

nebulatrack Member

Oct 2, 2016
    This game is very interesting, it took me a while to mentally get into the position of understanding the controls. I always got confused whenever I was switching positions.

Anyways its disgusting but fun at the same time! Really keeps your attention and has involving gameplay. If you're easily disgusted this might not be for you tho.

17. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    For those like me who had 1 or 2 secrets left undiscovered, there's a series of full walkthrough videos by Scat gaming Channel on YouTube that include the locations.

I needed help with levels 12 and 15, and was annoyed when I saw both were places I'd tried, but I guess didn't quite reach high enough to trigger them.

18. aresundnes

aresundnes Active Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
    On sale

Hey everyone!
    Just wanted to let you know that we’re now working on releasing Eggggg on new platforms, and we will also submit an update soon with some minor improvements. Also the game is on sale now to celebrate Global Game Jam, and will be $1.99 until tuesday ##

19. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    That’s great news I’m sure other will enjoy this one if a kind platformer

20. aresundnes

aresundnes Active Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
    Hey everyone! It's been a while since our last update for Eggggg, but we just released a new version on iOS/tvOS/Google Play and also released the game on the Mac app store. We have upgraded the game to work better with new devices, and improved resolution, framerate etc. And best of all, the Midnight Snack Pack that previously was a DLC is now included for free.
    We have a 30% discount right now so make sure to check it out :)

Also if you already played and liked the game, we would really appreciate you leaving a review on the store! ❤️

Anotherkellydown likes this.