Editing Polls - Deleting Votes?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by undeadcow, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    So I've been lurking here for a while, and you're all making things far too complicated. The current system works. What I do is pretty much what the majority of posts have mentioned again and again.

It's not transparent, sure, but that's something I need to work on. I don't blindly exclude 0-post voters. Never have. It's an arduous process to tally up the votes at the end of each week, but I believe that what I do is fair. That's part of the reason I can't just spell out exactly what I do. Every voter that isn't a regular name I recognise is scrutinised and pored over before a decision is made either to include it or not. It's a case-by-case deal.

I guess the one thing I can do to make voting results more transparent is post the names of users whose votes were removed from the poll each week, but that creates more work for me (I'm a busy guy). :(

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Alternatively you could include a disclaimer the the first post of GOTW clarifying as you just did here.
    Agreed; in general there are usually no problems.

3. I am fine with the Echoseven's current system. He's been doing a fine job. It is not always easy being a mod, and it is fun for me to vote everyweek. And it is a good resource to see what the really good games are for the week.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    +1 I hope my comments were not interpreted otherwise than to acknowledge the excellent job EchoSeven does carrying this forum with lightening new release threads and GOTW. Just helping out with GOTW once showed me how difficult the maintenance etc is.

5. I used to be a mod on a bigtime board, and nothing is easy on the internet, except perhaps to turn into a troll and flame everyone. Maybe somehow you could help Echoseven figure out what are the new games and links to itunes or youtube might help him out. Thanks for all your help.

6. intelvn

intelvn New Member

Mar 6, 2013
    #26 intelvn, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013